Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
We're being trolled

This is trolling, at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

WOW NO ONE GIVES A gently caress IN THIS COMIC PEOPLE ARE DYING

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I refuse to believe this isn’t an edit holy poo poo

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Is there danger or not

why doesn't anyone care that they're trapped in an alternate dimension

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

rudecyrus posted:

Is there danger or not

why doesn't anyone care that they're trapped in an alternate dimension

I once more must ask if they are or not because it is still v unclear.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

coolusername posted:

I refuse to believe this isn’t an edit holy poo poo

I legit thought this friday update is a shitpost

None of dialogue works

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Has the danger passed because what the hell is this

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Are there any adults left because there's kind of a dead body being scurried off somewhere and I thought that was usually frowned upon.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Cavatica posted:

Are there any adults left because there's kind of a dead body being scurried off somewhere and I thought that was usually frowned upon.

they're going to make him into a stew and eat him. Stranger In A Strange Land style.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I once more must ask if they are or not because it is still v unclear.

I think so, but no one cares because now they can escape by calling Kat? I guess? Distortion world is looking pretty normal now.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I have mourned an expensive toaster longer than they’ve cared about bald guy’s murder

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
chatgpt-rear end dialogue

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Good Evening, “Gunnerkrigg Court” was a 19 year cultural studies experiment conducted by Harvard University. We are now complete with our study. Thank you for your time.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
If I were Annie right now I’d feel really really bad that thinking about that time Jeanne stabbed my friend kind of got someone killed! She seems alright though!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Fecha posted:

If I were Annie right now I’d feel really really bad that thinking about that time Jeanne stabbed my friend kind of got someone killed! She seems alright though!

Well, since the way to not get people killed is to not think about things that could get them killed, everyone should be safe now! Thanks, sociopathy!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

So if they think of something in this pocket dimension, presto, it manifests itself. Maybe they should conjure up actually giving a poo poo.

Or at least summon up like the best slice of pizza ever or something, that would be a pro move.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

We're all Tom Servo screaming END at our screens

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
lol I thought Wednesday's update was setting up a reveal of a second Annie or something since it looked like Maybe Zimmy was running over to Annie+Kat, but I guess not, it was just them watching her scamper off.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

So I guess we’ll have to wait until Kat ends up accidentally killing Zimmy with some god-power enhanced invention before she’s actually forced to reckon with the results of her actions? Rendering this chapter pointless. Or perhaps she just never does. The story has refused to let the other shoe drop before.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

"You have to get going."

Annie agrees and then proceeds to walk into Kat's workshop

This is not a gag from Ranma 1/2. This is Gunnerkrigg Court in 2024.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

ngl I'd read Ranmakrigg Court 1/2

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't actually remember what she needs to "get going for." To "warn people"?

I've been reading on autopilot for a while, so this thread made me backread and think a lot more about the comic than I've been motivated to for months, I think.

lmao that the thread's been calling "speedrunning to the ending" for at least a calendar year.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Caphi posted:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Caphi posted:

I've been reading on autopilot for a while, so this thread made me backread and think a lot more about the comic than I've been motivated to for months, I think.

lmao that the thread's been calling "speedrunning to the ending" for at least a calendar year.

Pants Donkey posted:

We're all Tom Servo screaming END at our screens

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Caphi posted:

She has to warn the people about the dangers that they already know about since they have already been dealing with it this whole time. Just like when she had to warn Zimmy about the court when Zimmy already knew about it, and to do that she had to warn Jack and his girlfriend who also already knew everything too. The forest people, kat and everyone else this time as well. Just think too, If Annie never went to warn the robots about the danger Sam would still be alive.

And now Annie is going out to warn even more people. So she's probably going to get a few more people killed by the end of this. But it's okay, the plot demands she does it so we can get to some random infodumps that might be important later. So she's at peace with all future murders she's gonna do.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 2, 2024

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I can only assume people have been dropping dead this whole time by recalling dangerous memorys willy nilly. But no, it's fine, you two keep staring into each other's eyes and declaring how amazing you both are.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I can only assume people have been dropping dead this whole time by recalling dangerous memorys willy nilly. But no, it's fine, you two keep staring into each other's eyes and declaring how amazing you both are.

I know it ultimately doesn't matter but I'm curious why Annie alone remembering things triggered the group to teleport around, but it required the whole group thinking of Kat to teleport to her. Why didn't they teleport to Kat's when Annie started talking to her over the transmitter?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cavatica posted:

Maybe the twist is that the court people already left and everyone else forgot about them :v:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Begemot posted:

Maybe the twist is that the court people already left and everyone else forgot about them :v:

The who people?

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
I'm surprised Annie hasn't mentioned wanting to find specific people, like Eglamore, Jones, or her dad. Or even wanting to reach Gamma so they can calm Zimmy down like they've done before?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

it's like the author is allergic to having things happen with any sense of urgency whatsoever

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Twenty Four posted:

So if they think of something in this pocket dimension, presto, it manifests itself. Maybe they should conjure up actually giving a poo poo.

Or at least summon up like the best slice of pizza ever or something, that would be a pro move.

If Tom puts the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man in the strip it'll be halfway redeemed.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

isasphere posted:

I'm surprised Annie hasn't mentioned wanting to find specific people, like Eglamore, Jones, or her dad. Or even wanting to reach Gamma so they can calm Zimmy down like they've done before?

Who are these people who aren't named Lana or Loup or Jerrek?!

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

FlocksOfMice posted:

"The robots think you're their god."

"Haha, they sure are fond of me!"

"No, they literally see you as god."

"It's a bit much, having all these people look up to me, but I do my best..."

"No, you are a god. Their belief has gone backwards into time and made you a machine deity since the moment of your birth and their belief is the tautological source of your genius. You are literally imprinted onto the ether as a divine being. You are no less a being of myth than coyote is. This is literal actual fact."

"Haha, jeez! I guess they're kinda my fans, but I don't let it go to my head THAT much!"

"This isn't about your subjective response to them. This is what is actually, literally happening."

"Hah, I guess they DO look up to me..."

-

"Annie, will you please tell Katrina she is an actual god?"

"Hah! I mean, she already knows I think she's great, Renard."

"No, she's a literal god. Please tell her she's an actual functional deity."

"It's okay, she knows I believe in her, we don't have to be metaphorical--"

"SHE IS A GOD, ANNIE."

"She's pretty based god, yeah! When did you learn modern slang?"

this is literally loving happening

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Zoya posted:

i sure miss my favorite western webcomic, gunnerkrigg court. it's a shame it went on hiatus in like 2018 or 2019 and never came back, but i suppose things could have been a lot worse! oh well.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

RocketMermaid posted:

If Tom puts the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man in the strip it'll be halfway redeemed.

lmao, perfect!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DrSnakeLaser posted:

So did Annie have any response to hearing Coyote was grooming Ysengrin to have a romantic relationship with her?

Denial? Shock? Seeing it as a positive?

Anything at all?

I assumed Coyote wanted Loup to have the relationship with Annie, and he was just using Ysengrin to ensure that when Loup was born he'd have some kind of residual affection inherited from him to kickstart it.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
It's just so weird that after having repeated instances throughout the whole comic of Annie grappling with romance she just let that one slide like that.

She had her first big angry outburst when she found out the blinker stone had romantic connotations and exploded at Mort, then her unease when she percieved something was off between Jones and Eglamore which we later had confirmed was true, then the whole thing with the forest elves giving her romantic tips and that getting tangled up with what Annie learned about Surma and Reynardine and culminating with her attempting to play with Jack's heart?

It was always an interesting side of Annie and her journey growing as a person trying to break free of the expectations she thought she would have to live up to, and here we had an instance of a character trying to twist what I pray to god was always supposed to be a parental bond between Annie and Ysengrin into something romantic and... that was it?

edit: and I forgot how creepy Reynardine was in the earlier plushie wolf years. there was that too.

isasphere fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's very weird, both that it happened and that Annie has no commentary on it. I genuinely don't know what was intended with her relationship with Ysengrin anymore, despite the fact it always seemed very paternal.