Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

-3% so far today

i hope elon is happy and health and thriving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
"it's just a software update" i exclaim as the software that "auto-drives" my car blasts through another 4 way stop in san francisco at double the speed limit

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

-3% so far today

i hope elon is happy and health and thriving

Staff are worried as he's tearfully locked himself in his office with an extremely hot pop tart and refuses to respond for several hours now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
elon is making tesla cheaper so more peo0ple can support him.... so ingenious

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
How much of his personal wealth is tied up in tesla's stock now? I think I saw in the articles about losing the 55B compensation package that he controls like 15% of the stock, but wants to have 25%?

So about half of his wealth is directly tied to the share price? And the other half is more nebulous?

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Gorson posted:

The most damning thing they say is that it is compromised by its design. That's not engineering, that's engineering around rank stupidity.

You do not need to be able to go 0-60 in 3 seconds in a truck for gently caress's sake. Make it lighter. Make it less powerful. Then it needs fewer batteries, smaller tires, it doesn't need as heavy suspension, no software fuckery to deal with the added weight, the benefits go on and on and on.

I had some dipshit on Reddit tell me that one of the Cybertruck’s selling points would be doing 0-60 in 3s while towing a boat.

let me know how what works out for you when you try that

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Rynn posted:

I had some dipshit on Reddit tell me that one of the Cybertruck’s selling points would be doing 0-60 in 3s while towing a boat.

let me know how what works out for you when you try that

The electric 18 wheelers they are "developing" (read: making a prototype to ride the funding train) aren't going to work. Why would you change over your whole fleet for a more expensive, lower range option with no infrastructure when diesel exists?

You could make a halfway decent electric consumer-grade towing vehicle but it would be very compromised for most people who actually buy trucks. It would not be huge, covered in chrome, or have a grille like a billboard. It would not be a status symbol. It would be a frame and a very spartan cab and the rest of the gross weight for batteries.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeesh, seems like he could've afforded someone to tell him what not to say for his own good

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

hubris.height posted:

yeesh, seems like he could've afforded someone to tell him what not to say for his own good

No such thing as bad press I tell myself as I lose billions.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This was inevitable.

https://x.com/esjesjesj/status/1753450211890868353?s=20

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1753269554816372839?s=20

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
did they gently caress up tesla's carbon credit gravy train or something lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1753123726554517611?s=20

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

quote:

Yesterday, NHTSA's ODI upgraded a preliminary evaluation (begun in July 2023) to a full investigation of the steering components fitted to model-year 2023 Models 3 and Y.

NHTSA's ODI says the problem affects up to 334,569 vehicles, which could suffer a loss of steering control. There have been 124 complaints of steering failure to NHTSA, and the agency says Tesla identified a further 2,264 customer complaints related to the problem. So far, at least one Tesla has crashed as a result of being unable to complete a right turn in an intersection.

A third of the complaints were reported to have happened at speeds below 5 mph, with the majority occurring between 5 and 35 mph and about 10 percent occurring above 35 mph (at least one complaint alleges the problem occurred at 75 mph). "A majority of allegations reported seeing a warning message, 'Steering assist reduced,' either before, during, or after the loss of steering control. A portion of drivers described their steering begin to feel 'notchy' or 'clicky' either prior to or just after the incident," NHTSA's investigation said.

NHTSA says there have been "multiple allegations of drivers blocking intersections and/or roadways," and that more than 50 Teslas had to be towed as a result of the problem.
you won't care

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Elon should relax a little, maybe a nice fat line of ketamine and a long bath

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I agree they should cut Elons head

For public safety

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

"Committee of Public Safety" is extremely accurate in that case you dipshit. You worthless loving troll.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Elon puts down a weighty tome about the French Revolution and gasps "I have to tweet this!"

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Agreed. Defund the USDA and FDA further.

They’re blocking me from healthy parasites.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

should have named the child techno destructo

we each have our own private pain

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I did the carlton everytime I was released without bail so I get those dudes birdin the camera. Beat more cops. Make billionaires sad. Don't post on twitter.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah because Nevada is the state you do crimes in and TripAdvisor (Malone's company) is being sued by shareholders over it

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

if I were Elon, I would not be inviting this comparison

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

shyduck posted:

Yeah because Nevada is the state you do crimes in and TripAdvisor (Malone's company) is being sued by shareholders over it

wyoming seems like a good one. russian scammers pick it because the state incorporation laws shield a whole bunch of disclosures

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Feel like Elon Musk just bought Twitter so he could be mad at things and not get banned for it.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1753125299548471615?t=Y2t93tqeDXXuIgO4wGTscg&s=19
never heard of this Colon Rug person before Musk took over the site now i see a tweet of theirs every day pretty much. usually posted by a coworker in the whatsapp group

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

he's doing the Trump posting of just saying some random guys name. who the gently caress is John Malone or Lev Parnas??

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

John Malone is some billionaire rear end in a top hat who has his hands in a little bit of everything but mostly the communications and entertainment industries and also is the 2nd largest landowner in the US. An overall blight on society

shyduck has issued a correction as of 18:48 on Feb 2, 2024

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
classic paranoiac unelaborated "They" popping up in his day to day speech
(yeah I know it's a right wing thing now)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

classic paranoiac unelaborated "They" popping up in his day to day speech
(yeah I know it's a right wing thing now)

yeah I noticed that too. does he mean the Delaware court blocked them or..? that part is usually followed with a link to the filing or additional info but no, “they” are stopping it!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's being blocked by international cabal of illegal immigrant Jewish trans folk

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

stockholders ftw bitch

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The appellate court is gonna love these posts.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

now do the department of defense!

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

quote:

The new complaint argues that the move from Delaware to Nevada is specifically intended to take advantage of Nevada's “no liability regime,” which will make it harder for shareholders to hold TripAdvisor and Liberty TripAdvisor directors responsible if they breach their duties.

Hmm gee wonder why Elon wants to move. I bet a shareholder sues over this too.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Elon is such a dumbass to just give it all away too on Twitter

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1753446713183076515?t=qnqO6WRnCEUap6sAjGx1iw&s=19

bee burger
Nov 4, 2011
the “oh it’s just an over the air software update” defense is kind of stupid because at the end of the day you don’t see other manufacturers issue a fleet wide recall because they made their safety lights too small. not even sure how that issue would make it out of a safety testing / compliance software test. unless….

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe Elon could get mad at the national highway traffic safety administration for their name now

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

shyduck posted:

John Malone is some billionaire rear end in a top hat who has his hands in a little bit of everything but mostly the communications and entertainment industries and also is the 2nd largest landowner in the US. An overall blight on society
I look forward to the days that we are post-Malone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
nothing but haters in this thread