Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

lmao Joe has not played 100s of hours of Destiny 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

to be fair, who among us has???

MillertimeLTP
Oct 12, 2021
Ada-1 is selling the Dead Orbit Resurrection shader this week, which came out in the CoO expansion. I don’t know how available it’s been since, but I’ve never seen it before. It’s an awesome shader for grimdark solid black outfits

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also Goldleaf, which is one of the best gold shaders in the game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Joe jowns but lol if they made him do e2e testing. Voluntarily sure but the director has more important things to do than actual testing. He should be reviewing a finished product or focusing on known pain points.

He should’ve done that for light fall

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Does anybody else feel like Overload Rocket makes Overloard Champions significantly less likely to teleport out of the way of your rockets?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kith posted:

to be fair, who among us has???

Agreed, it would be utterly shameful for any of us to have played so little D2

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
Apparently the Cartesian Coordinate fusion rifle that Banshee-44 is selling for the next 3.5 hours is really good.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

HONKER24 posted:

Apparently the Cartesian Coordinate fusion rifle that Banshee-44 is selling for the next 3.5 hours is really good.

It is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, Rapid Fire Solar Fusion is always gonna be good and Lead From Gold/Vorpal is the best roll for sure.

Do you use Liquid or Accelerated Coils?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Just lol that Bungie can only pretend they're trying to keep the lights on going into Final Shoop.

Gun questions - Is there anything that feels like old, broken Recluse?

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
an excuse to play through prophecy again is good, the rest of that is bad

I love prophecy

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Failson posted:

Just lol that Bungie can only pretend they're trying to keep the lights on going into Final Shoop.

Like, a lightweight frame SMG? Funnelweb is a void lightweight in the veist frame with frenzy as a possible perk to make it feel smooth

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Failson posted:

Osteo Striga can feel like that thanks to the exotic primary buffs and stacking bullet damage with poison on larger targets.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: Prime-exclusive shader in the new pack

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shaders hold no power over me with Ensilvered Snare and Horizon Blush unlocked

ES just looks amazing on Titans

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

PERMACAV 50 posted:

:siren: Prime-exclusive shader in the new pack

It's loving UGLY.

The camo is animated so that's neat at least but god drat is it hideous.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Reminds me of a tree frog of some sort

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

that's just a shittier version of the EDZ camo

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
What exactly is the Harbinger? I look away for two seconds and missed everything except that it’s the last one and it’s important for the eggs. Ishtar collective was not particularly helpful. I’m only partway through the season story so apologies if it comes up later.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

In this week's Nightfall I finally figured out you can stunlock that Tormentor with disorienting grenades.

I ground out a bunch of Dares, got a Pardon our Dust schematic and am now dishing out immense payback. I hate that fucker so much.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ohhyeah posted:

What exactly is the Harbinger? I look away for two seconds and missed everything except that it’s the last one and it’s important for the eggs. Ishtar collective was not particularly helpful. I’m only partway through the season story so apologies if it comes up later.

Mara's blue balls that got shot at Oryx back in Taken King

They're sentient nukes basically

That's about it for their backstory they're basically never mentioned ever again except to say that Mara still has one

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
aren't they also like... people? there's a harbinger corpse mentioned in one of the exotic quests iirc.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

RBA Starblade posted:

They're sentient nukes basically

Always wondered if she picked them up from the Aphelion, or made Apheliae into them

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Having some fun with this after pulling it out of my vault:

Is there anything particularly worthwhile in Xur's legendary offerings this weekend? The Hallowfire Heart has a decent roll, for sure, and that Calus Mini-Tool looks appetizing. Disruption break is a super fun PVE perk, but I can't remember if it has any effect on Guardian over/shields.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Calus Mini Tool is my go-to "now the redbars have hosed up" weapon.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Lib and let die posted:

Calus Mini Tool is my go-to "now the redbars have hosed up" weapon.

It has a decent magazine for an SMG, for sure.

I am gonna take that Xur-roll Iota Draconis for a spin, it looks like it feeds itself great for a Crucible fusion rifle.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 3, 2024

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Still missed platinum after the glasskeeper dropped all its shards off a cliff. Great work Bungie.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 7, 2024

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just incase anyone was thinking about it, buying the lost memento does not unlock the black shader for everything like the achievement did.

I mean I now have a lovely matte black crafted Austringer with the Prized Ivory skin, but I'd still rather have spent that money on red borders.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just incase anyone was thinking about it, buying the lost memento does not unlock the black shader for everything like the achievement did.

I mean I now have a lovely matte black crafted Austringer with the Prized Ivory skin, but I'd still rather have spent that money on red borders.

:bungie:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yeah, that was a time limited achievement from the Festival of the Lost event card back in October. Is it even visible in-game any more?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I thought the all black shader was the memento? Or was there an additional shader that was a triumph reward?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I'm not aware of any way to unlock the black shader for everything. It should only be pickable on crafted guns you installed a Lost memento in, but on those guns you can turn it off and on as many times as you want

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

I thought the all black shader was the memento? Or was there an additional shader that was a triumph reward?
The memento gives the gun its applied to access to the shader at level 30.

Apparently if you did a bunch of bullshit during FOTL, it gave you the shader to use on anything you wanted.

E: source but now I look at it, it could just be AI lying.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 7, 2024

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Apparently if you did a bunch of bullshit during FOTL, it gave you the shader to use on anything you wanted.

There was a shader you could earn from Festival of the Lost, called Magical Transformation, which was very pink and gold and came from manifesting pages.

The Twilight Keepsake shader is the same Momento shader system as everything else, but to get the Momento, you had to clear a particular triumph/challenge/whatever to get your first one, then they could randomly drop from the treat bag psuedo-engram things.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I never heard anything about that, and it's not how mementos work. I vaguely remember there was a quest and/or triumph to get your first memento during that event, with subsequent ones coming from opening up festival engrams.

Memento shaders are exclusive to the gun it's inserted into.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 7, 2024

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yeah I think the article has either misunderstood or has AI involved. Unfortunately it was one of the first that came up searching for twilight memento.

Well, I have a matte black Austringer anyway.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Wanna set up a Paul Bunyan Vs Chainsaw style showdown between Paul Tassi and AI article generators, maybe if we get him to drink enough caffeine he could win.

Edit: I'm pretty sure you can find "how to get icebreaker in destiny 2" AI-genned articles, with detailed quest steps

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Kith posted:

Genuinely upsetting how good that Titan armor looks

It really sucks that almost literally any exotic armor piece will break the look. I actually would have spent money on a few transmog sets over the years if this wasn't the case

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

omg chael crash posted:

It really sucks that almost literally any exotic armor piece will break the look. I actually would have spent money on a few transmog sets over the years if this wasn't the case

Skullfort stays winning

Synthoceps and Wormgods doomed