Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

I said come in! posted:

I always see these reports but I legitimately do not know what is meant by new jobs. Are these positions that have been filled? How many of them are paying a livable wage, provide insurance, and time off? If you were to break it down into jobs that are actually meeting peoples needs and lifting them out of poverty, this number is probably not actually that impressive, but in reality is pretty dire and bad.

People rely on jobs to provide insurance? In America? The richest and most powerful country in the history of the world?

That can't be right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

free hubcaps posted:

DW's DC bureau chief Ines Pohl just did an in depth piece on the ball tasering, which was actually worse than we thought. It seems the the man with the tased balls was carrying not one but two tasers, one in each front pocket, and that they were both simultaneously triggered by the ornate frame of the tip o'neill portrait. Having each nut independently tased at the exact same moment triggered a reaction where the victim's balls were sucked back into his body supercharged with voltage and blown out through his dickhole (according to the expert) causing massive trauma to both himself and several compatriots standing in front of him

This triggered fond memories of posting around the event itself

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
efb

LordoftheScheisse fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 2, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Outpost22 posted:

People rely on jobs to provide insurance? In America? The richest and most powerful country in the history of the world?

That can't be right...

It has gotten so bad that we elected a mail order steak salesman to president. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffle House posted:

I imagine current cost of living problems kills a lot of the optimism that we'd see come with that. It seems like there's a lot of "first and second estate" spending, which offsets constrained consumer spending. Food and gas are stable, but IMO when other stuff on Mazlow's hierarchy like Rents are out of control, that really boils things under the proverbial 1% ceiling.

It was making me think about how Amazon one time announced they were hiring like 800,000 new people, but most of those positions were in their warehouse where everyone was paid minimum wage, and had to pee into bottles while fulfilling orders.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

LordoftheScheisse posted:

How could MY freedumb convoy be full of grifters?!?! lol

https://www.threads.net/@ronaldfilipkowski/post/C200TgXNtyX

My favorite moment from the last convoy was the guy who leaned angrily into the face of an organizer saying he gave his entire inheritance, followed soon after by the organizers peeling out of the lot in a Winnebago while people threw things and yelled at them for robbing them.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Look, he may not be absolutely perfect but the guy is pretty funny. Sporting shorts and a "tux" hoodie for a congressional dinner.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Catastrophe posted:

Look, he may not be absolutely perfect but the guy is pretty funny. Sporting shorts and a "tux" hoodie for a congressional dinner.

Congrational dinner/regional amateur wrestling gimmick.

Tomato/tomato

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Burning_Monk posted:

C
U
Next
Tuesday

Holy poo poo I never heard this and it's incrediblly dumb but definitely something Trump said to women many times.

In a similar vein, there’s also Britney Spears’ song “If U Seek Amy”.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Hyperbaric chambers like those used to treat divers with the bends are also used in conjunction with 100% oxygen to treat a few things. Diabetic patients with wounds on their feet that aren't healing well on their own is most common. The pressure means you are breathing in more than 100% oxygen relative to sea level and your blood oxygen content is supercharged. The main potential side effect I recall is a higher chance of seizures.

Also if there is any kind of a spark in the chamber you'll be instantly barbecued and the huge metal caps used to keep the chamber under pressure will be fired off like a cannon through any walls, equipment or people in the way.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

IUSA? I USA?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I said come in! posted:

It was making me think about how Amazon one time announced they were hiring like 800,000 new people, but most of those positions were in their warehouse where everyone was paid minimum wage, and had to pee into bottles while fulfilling orders.

Yeah, it's just not enough. We don't have the housing quality and quantity at equitable price in the US to actually make living like that viable, and we are right to forever demand better for ourselves.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Randalor posted:

IUSA? I USA?

I think it's suppose to be code for " gently caress me" butnl i never got it because it's not really that clever

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Randalor posted:

IUSA? I USA?
If you take some liberties you can pronounce it like

F U C K me

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Randalor posted:

IUSA? I USA?

“After its release, the song caused some controversy in various countries because "If U Seek Amy" sounds like "F-U-C-K me". “

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Stoatbringer posted:

When I realized what this song really meant, it occurred to me that Britney was WAY smarter than the media portrayed her 🤔:aaa:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Harveygod posted:

And he planned it out ahead of time with his lawyers so that it wouldn't be on the record.

That's why Habba is his lawyer. Not for her looks or because he's having an affair with her, but because she's evidently down for stupid stunts like this.
"so we're meeting next tuesday oooor...?"
"no sir, wednesday"
"what? no, no, it's tuesday"
"no sir: wednesday"
"so i'll be all 'see you next tuesday'!!!"
"bravo mister president!"

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

“After its release, the song caused some controversy in various countries because "If U Seek Amy" sounds like "F-U-C-K me". “

it really doesn't though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Disco Pope posted:

Congrational dinner/regional amateur wrestling gimmick.

Tomato/tomato

T. Amato? Maybe a china connection?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Y'all we need to seceeds but pls do it before my paid vacation time runs out my boss is already mad at me

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

ProfessorMarvel posted:

When I realized what this song really meant, it occurred to me that Britney was WAY smarter than the media portrayed her 🤔:aaa:

Except she didn't write it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Catastrophe posted:

i know twitter is saying his wife is leaving him because she has started deleating social media poo poo even though she has said she isnt and she just was sick of social media.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
I joined the "Texas Patriots for Secession" Facebook group, as did many of you, clearly. Lots of troll posts poking holes in his stupid plan. He takes it as a win, though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Civil posted:

I joined the "Texas Patriots for Secession" Facebook group, as did many of you, clearly. Lots of troll posts poking holes in his stupid plan. He takes it as a win, though.

someone make a john shitwood profile, thanks.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Nah. You don’t gotta hand it to fetterman. Dude’s blown right past normal everyday democrat idiocy and right into betraying the progressive voter base who agreed to settle for his rear end. Dudes an embarrassment to my state and should have stayed off of social media.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What did Fetterman do

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

thread bout to get real dumb again.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

steinrokkan posted:

What did Fetterman do

We can't discuss that here.

Also

NoiseAnnoys posted:

thread bout to get real dumb again.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

emSparkly posted:

Nah. You don’t gotta hand it to fetterman. Dude’s blown right past normal everyday democrat idiocy and right into betraying the progressive voter base who agreed to settle for his rear end. Dudes an embarrassment to my state and should have stayed off of social media.

You don’t understand, we can pull him leftward after he has been elected

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
uh oh what did he do now

edit: oh

Philthy fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 2, 2024

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It should be a little tiresome to be married to a genocide enjoyer.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
This thread is for :lol:s, not doomer circle jerks.

Come on Trump...DO SOMETHING!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JeffLeonard posted:

This thread is for :lol:s, not doomer circle jerks.

Come on Trump...DO SOMETHING!

Right now its not Trump I want to do something but that New York judge.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So it's Israel again

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

I said come in! posted:

Me too. We need content!

Come on Engoron...DO SOMETHING!

EDIT: Maybe a 5 pm Friday release? Maybe???

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Stupid Israel sending the lol's in the wrong direction.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Flyinglemur posted:

Big fan of RuPAul's Drag Race and the queens are constantly being judged on their Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent.

:amen:

winnydpu
May 3, 2007
Sugartime Jones

I said come in! posted:

If the rumor that Weisselberg has flipped and will testify that he lied in the civil trial is true it might be worth waiting for that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I am for Judge Engoron taking all the time he needs, as long as it's like a couple of weeks max.

*looks at watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

What did Fetterman do

Wore shorts to a formal evening event. Dress like a loving adult :argh: