Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Heading in for my last day of work!

Doing one last handoff meeting to the dev team and handing in my laptop and getting the gently caress out of there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

why do we still get our weather from a freaking rodent

Our state rodent is blind. Early springs every year for us.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pooch516 posted:

Doing one last handoff meeting to the dev team and handing in my laptop and getting the gently caress out of there.

Congrats! Last day of work ever? Or on to a new job?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this morning my 12 minute commute was under 35 minutes for the first time this year. nearly every day i pass crashed cars both morning and afternoon. loving hate this poo poo

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Friday, huh? Huh nice for you.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pooch516 posted:

so much winning this friday

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I've basically gotten all my work done for the day and am now just waiting around til it's time to leave.

Oh and I'm going to get a Asada Torta from the Mexican restaurant

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

bagmonkey posted:

As a poster clout day trader, Smugshares are currently a hot buy. I see nothing but upward growth from here

Sophisticated traders choose JimmyJams

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

blessed by the holy hog. blessed be the day

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

breaking from my usual meal prep today to get a big loving pile of BEEF SHAWARMA for lunch

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

kntfkr posted:

Distended Universe more like

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

this is why they’re called “whistle pigs”

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The Smugworth Extended Universe

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this morning my 12 minute commute was under 35 minutes for the first time this year. nearly every day i pass crashed cars both morning and afternoon. loving hate this poo poo

maybe watch some tiktoks to relax a little while ur driving

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i worry about car crashes a lot actually.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

kntfkr posted:

maybe watch some tiktoks to relax a little while ur driving

Yesterday I was behind a guy who was weaving around his lane while watching UFC on his phone mounted on the windshield in front of him. Seeing people swiping tiktok while driving is really common too, I hate other drivers.

Edit: also people putting their phone into the gauge cluster to watch videos like no one else is gonna notice it and they now can't tell they are doing 10 under in the left lane. Cool stuff

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

weg posted:

Yesterday I was behind a guy who was weaving around his lane while watching UFC on his phone mounted on the windshield in front of him. Seeing people swiping tiktok while driving is really common too, I hate other drivers.

Edit: also people putting their phone into the gauge cluster to watch videos like no one else is gonna notice it and they now can't tell they are doing 10 under in the left lane. Cool stuff

Driving is really boring, piss champ

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Let's go to Rajshahi Indian Restaurant and help them make some memes

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

not sure if they’d let me back in to australia

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Smugworth posted:

Driving is really boring, piss champ

That's why there is a near endless amount of audio entertainment to enjoy.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
Ready to be done but hours to go. Friday vibes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I give everyone permission to take the rest of the day off, if able to.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

redshirt posted:

I give everyone permission to take the rest of the day off, if able to.

:thanks:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

weg posted:

That's why there is a near endless amount of audio entertainment to enjoy.

ok so now you want me to fall asleep while driving

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Maybe just stop driving and take public transportation instead where you can watch vids and tiktoks to your heart's content without endangering others or destroying the planet OP

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This week went fast, that's cool

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

Maybe just stop driving and take public transportation instead where you can watch vids and tiktoks to your heart's content without endangering others or destroying the planet OP

i wish i could do this. driving at 7-8 am and 4-5 pm sucks so loving bad its unreal. feel like im complaining about this a lot latekly but holy it just keeps getting worse. so many cars returning to the road as people are mandated back into the office over the past few years

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

breaking from my usual meal prep today to get a big loving pile of BEEF SHAWARMA for lunch

Gesundheit

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

whipped up some polenta with smoked butter and 15-year cheddar. missing grits, but not where they come from

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

redshirt posted:

Congrats! Last day of work ever? Or on to a new job?

New job. This one really turned to poo poo after it was sold, so I'm super happy to be out as quick as I am.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
A few more meetings left at work and i'm jetting early. Girlfriend is visiting for the weekend and I want to go get some pizza so we can be lazy watching shows. She mentioned a new devil cartoon on amazon she wants to watch.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

deep dish peat moss posted:

gently caress I wish, but even still I get paid to drive so I'd still be doing it all day for work.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Friday was off to a massively fail start. Upset customer and the like. Nothing was my fault of course due to naturally sound methods but it appears a way forward has been found.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Friday was off to a massively fail start. Upset customer and the like. Nothing was my fault of course due to naturally sound methods but it appears a way forward has been found.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
kind of a Fail Friday here since i gotta take the cat across town at rush hour today and get up at 7am for a flight tomorrow. piss

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Got puked at by a dog in my carpool this morning, luckily she's adorable and it wasn't a wild mess.

I can not wait for two days where people aren't hounding me to find them machine parts without a serial number. YOU NEED A SERIAL NUMBER FOR PARTS, JIM.

Anyway happy Friday, 5pm can't come fast enough.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Edgar posted:

A few more meetings left at work and i'm jetting early. Girlfriend is visiting for the weekend and I want to go get some pizza so we can be lazy watching shows. She mentioned a new devil cartoon on amazon she wants to watch.

pizza boyfriend devil cartoon girlfriend dynamic lmao

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Trying to power through to the afternoon without just leaving early.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I start my new job next week and I'm excited to take part in Friday Culture again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Trying to power through to the afternoon without just leaving early.

Same