Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I was giving my GF's dog a tummy rub, and I noticed that her fur pattern kinda looks like a bug mask.

Rotate and enhance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

well now we know why silksong isn't out, your dog ate it

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

GimmickMan posted:

Whenever you're not playing Hollow Knight, you should be asking yourself "Who can I introduce to Hollow Knight?"

Probably my grandpa since that game is a million years old!!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Hogama posted:

Asked someone I introduced to Hollow Knight if they ever beat it. This was what I got.

Going out on a limb here to guess that it wasn't fury of the fallen.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

The Zombie Guy posted:

I was giving my GF's dog a tummy rub, and I noticed that her fur pattern kinda looks like a bug mask.

Rotate and enhance

Man args are getting crazy but I'm glad we're getting some kind of communication finally.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I started playing Hollow Knight for the first time and it's pretty great but lack of checkpoints and losing your Geo is pretty annoying even for someone who has played pretty much all the Souls games.

Is there a trick to finding those dream flowers to collect Essence? I have the worst memory and I have no idea where to look

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

WaltherFeng posted:

I started playing Hollow Knight for the first time and it's pretty great but lack of checkpoints and losing your Geo is pretty annoying even for someone who has played pretty much all the Souls games.

Is there a trick to finding those dream flowers to collect Essence? I have the worst memory and I have no idea where to look

Sigh... bapanada.

Seriously, talk to Iselda

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What's a dream flower?

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

What's a dream flower?

It's a thing that happens in your mind while you sleep, and don't call me flower.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

you wake to find essence

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

oh great another woke mind virus trying to destroy the light of The Infection

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Ferrous posted:

It's a thing that happens in your mind while you sleep, and don't call me flower.

nice

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Silksong or Bloodborne pc tomorrow, what do you think?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Both, shadowdropping by the end of the week.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Silksong has a Microsoft branding deal iirc. I wouldnt get my hopes up

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
there's a non-zero chance Nintendo could still get the Silksong drop, but a non-non-zero chance it will be Sony.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I finished PoP and here are some thoughts:

It has a better trophy system than HK. HK has a terrible one, though. Having a super hard 100 hour DLC that most people will never be able to finish as part of the platinum is just bad. PoP is basically: max out weapons and health, do all the quests and two combat challenges that you will likely come close to finishing just by playing the game. Neither of which takes more than a few minutes to finish if you focus on them.

It doesn't have pogoing. Good. That is easily the worst part of HK, IMO. It's used much too often.

It does have 3 other movement mechanics, all of which are fun and useful.

The animation is great. Very fluid. And combat is pretty diverse in what you can do and how you move and what the enemies do.

Many fewer boss fights than HK but they tend to be more spectacular.

Charms and combat skills are kinda broken. After fighting the end boss one time I changed my stuff up and upon reflection, a load out that gives you power when you do or take damage, and that power can then be used to go full berseker and full heal, and you can do it every 30 seconds or so. Yeah. But that's at a fully maxed out point.

All in all, a superb game and something HKish to play while waiting for the game that will never come. The new Mass Effect game.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Otoh, pogoing is fun and good, actually

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Came to bapa but there was nada.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

More games should implement Pogo

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
There was just something about HK's pogo where you didn't need it until late game, and this caused me to have that wonderful moment of "oh, the devs knew all along!"...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just find it too finicky. It's super easy to screw up. I think it would be better if it was a single input rather than two at the same time.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Waltzing Along posted:

I just find it too finicky. It's super easy to screw up. I think it would be better if it was a single input rather than two at the same time.

Longnail user spotted.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
why the hell are there 312 new posts in a vaporware thread

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

NoMas posted:

bapanada.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Nope and nada

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NoMas posted:

The game is out op. and it's incredible

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The game is out op. and it's incredible

and they called it prince of persia

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
PoPanada

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Prince of Persia is so good that when Team Cherry was sent a copy, they played it and realized they were too late to the party and Silksong is now going to look inferior. They got depressed and decided to make a GAAS looter shooter instead.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

They'll do a phil phish and spit their dummy out and say fine then you all enjoy the prince game so much well its all youre going to get you ungrateful curs and throw all their bapanada code in the bin

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Prince of Persia is so good that when Team Cherry was sent a copy, they played it and realized they were too late to the party and Silksong is now going to look inferior. They got depressed and decided to make a GAAS looter shooter instead.

Silksong is now going to be a rogue like deck builder.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

My Knight and Hornet Nendoroids arrived yesterday. The Knight is okay - his available poses aren’t quite right, and the way his sword attaches to his back leaves it sitting way too far off of his body.

Hornet, on the other hand, is perfection.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I did not know there were HK nendoroids. But now I might need them. Are these new?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I believe they were just released. I had them preordered through fangamer.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, looks like about 2 months ago. I was checking surugaya for the free shipping but they don't have em. Alas. Kinda pricey nendoroids, too.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

NoMas posted:

why does the daily silksong news yt channel have more episodes than one piece

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Nothing to do while waiting for Silksong for another year?

Well there’s video essays.

Lots and lots of video essays.

https://youtu.be/N1_Be7-kUN4?feature=shared

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

edit: i need to read dates nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Balache404 posted: