Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

Which makes the fact that the Pred blows his arm off funnier.

Not my hand-shaking arm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCS4bmSXsJ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

drat. I guess 76 is a fine age to have made it to, but it still feels too soon. The man was still putting in good work.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Arc Hammer posted:

He's up in heaven with that drat alligator and Abe Lincoln.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1753501014668579319?t=8D1uUdi4NYUO49ydZhWdJg&s=19

Carl Weathers is dead. I guess he really didn't want to do another season of Mandalorian.

It peaked at the Magic Hand Thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUuP3zXN9oo

Smart man

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

He was wonderful in Arrested Development.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I like avatar the last airbender. I like the animation and the powers are cool.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
uh :rolleyes: you can't bend air dummy! it's a gas!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

RIP Action Jackson

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1753501014668579319?t=8D1uUdi4NYUO49ydZhWdJg&s=19

Carl Weathers is dead. I guess he really didn't want to do another season of Mandalorian.

Awwww man :(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

CaptainBeefart posted:

He was wonderful in Arrested Development.

Now you got a stew goin’

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Shut up, Happy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I just got back from a retirement party for a co-worker who is retiring...because he has a few months to live due to cancer. Getting home and reading that news about Carl definitely has not improved my mood.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Mozi posted:

uh :rolleyes: you can't bend air dummy! it's a gas!

Listen dipshit have you ever heard of dry ice? It’s loving gas and you can bend it around if you’re brave enough

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

the only air bending I do is when I bend over to rip a loud rear end-rumbling fart.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

rip carl weathers. punched to death by dolf lundgren

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

It's great he spent the back half of his career doing funny poo poo. Who knew he had the chops for it.

He was legitimately hilarious in Arrested Development, that Adam Sandler movie, and even his character in Mando was a comic relief type character.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

He went out on a high note with the insane mandalorian episode where he chose to stand in a field until pirates exploded him, rather than pay space tax

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 2, 2024

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Arc Hammer posted:

Adolf Hitler: A Kingsman Story.

This was literally the post-credits stinger at the end of whatever the last Kingsman movie was.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Presto posted:

This was literally the post-credits stinger at the end of whatever the last Kingsman movie was.

That reminds me. I have to go see Argylllllle tomorrow. Will report back.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm still holding out hope that it not a secret Kingsman sequel. Mark Millar's name isn't anywhere in the credits and they would have to throw some kind of bone his way if it was, since that is his creator-owned IP.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's great he spent the back half of his career doing funny poo poo. Who knew he had the chops for it.

He was legitimately hilarious in Arrested Development, that Adam Sandler movie, and even his character in Mando was a comic relief type character.

I love all the smaller players on Arrested Development. They had a great mix of comic greats (Bob Einstein, Martin Mull) and people who were not known for comedy but were legit hilarious (Carl Weathers, Liza Minnelli (!!))

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I have no idea Bob Einstein (aka Super Dave Osborn) and Albert Brooks were brothers until, like, a month ago when Albert Brooks was on Conan O'Brien's podcast.

And yes, Albert Brooks's birth name is Albert Einstein. :lol:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I frigging loved Super Dave as a kid. That stuff just killed me. Especially when he was riffing after getting smashed in some horrible accident and overlaying the voice while someone attempted to interview his mangled dummy corpse.

The gag where he was on top of the bus with the piano - perfection.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I was looking for a good clip of superdave on Norm Macdonald but I found this instead so I’m happy

https://youtu.be/jAzRb_lErFw?si=MRa9RkGMatI8Qucv

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Thank you for your sacrifice

Vakal
May 11, 2008

priznat posted:

I frigging loved Super Dave as a kid. That stuff just killed me. Especially when he was riffing after getting smashed in some horrible accident and overlaying the voice while someone attempted to interview his mangled dummy corpse.

The gag where he was on top of the bus with the piano - perfection.

The Super Dave show still airs on the canadian Adult Swim channel so I check it out from time to time.

The most surprising thing about watching it again for the first time in like 30 years is realizing how loving long Jeff Dunham has being doing the same puppet schtick and apparently he never ages.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel

Monkey Fracas posted:

Doesn't take long to cash out brand goodwill when you make years of trash I guess

It really is shocking how bad the Disney Star Wars movies were and how they turned gold into lead with them in such short order through some sorta forbidden movie alchemy

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Star Wars has been poo poo since 1999. Disney briefly tricked us with the gold spray-painted turd that was Force Awakens, but it's not like they're the ones who ruined Star Wars. Lucas already did that long before they got their corporate mitts on it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Illmade posted:

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Star Wars has been poo poo since 1999. Disney briefly tricked us with the gold spray-painted turd that was Force Awakens, but it's not like they're the ones who ruined Star Wars. Lucas already did that long before they got their corporate mitts on it.

nostalgia is a hell of a drug

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Illmade posted:

You're not wrong, but I think the sequel trilogy brought the ruining home for a lot of people who basically just cared about the OT. Now the prequels undermine the OT in a lot of ways to be sure but they're a little bit more subtle/insidious/easy to ignore than like palpatine returning somehow to talk poo poo in fortnite

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Vakal posted:

The Super Dave show still airs on the canadian Adult Swim channel so I check it out from time to time.

The most surprising thing about watching it again for the first time in like 30 years is realizing how loving long Jeff Dunham has being doing the same puppet schtick and apparently he never ages.

Oh yeah, they had references to him in Joel-era MST3k.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Star Trek has been dead/near death since the early 2000's. This is nothing new.

As a major cultural force.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

It peaked at the Magic Hand Thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUuP3zXN9oo

drat that really sucks, the dude looked better than most 50 year olds. Great actor and seemed like a cool guy.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

reignofevil posted:

I find myself constantly balancing my posts between people who like rlm and people who like game of thrones which is why I've made the executive decision to chop off my own dick and balls.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

No Mods No Masters posted:

You're not wrong, but I think the sequel trilogy brought the ruining home for a lot of people who basically just cared about the OT. Now the prequels undermine the OT in a lot of ways to be sure but they're a little bit more subtle/insidious/easy to ignore than like palpatine returning somehow to talk poo poo in fortnite
It says something about the difference between a singular idiosyncratic vision and corporate focus-tested Content that the former even manages to be bad in more interesting ways.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr0ckdRnVsE

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Is it all at once in one smooth motion, dick then balls, balls then dick, or ball - dick - ball?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Illmade posted:

Of course youre right but I was more speaking to the value of the IP they spent eleventy billion dollars to acquire and then like just flushing it down the toilet immediately

The chance was there to start over from the prequels since so much time had passed and the marketing/excitement all but ensured that seats would be full for the first two movies but.... it uh didn't work out lol

I don't even know if they could do another big trilogy of theater release movies again at this point- they really squandered their chance to revive it

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

That sucks, Carl Weathers seemed like an alright guy. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

I don't even know if they could do another big trilogy of theater release movies again at this point- they really squandered their chance to revive it

I'm sure they could, and in fact they've even said their ambition with the rey movie is some make a trilogy if the first one does well bullshit (a strategy last seen with noted hit solo a star wars story by the way).

But I feel like it really requires some kind of gamble on a new idea that would interest people, and if there's one thing disney hasn't had for star wars it's new ideas