Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

(500) Pages of LOL

Manic Pudgy Dream Trump

e: a perfect snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Three Olives posted:

It's when Trump and his supporters crossed the Rubicon into Trump is patriotic and whatever he is doing must be patriotic because he is doing it and by extension, we are patriotic by supporting whatever he is doing.

I think it was the visual that said we are just a full on cult now.

its because they put symbols above reality and ideas/actions

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its because they put symbols above reality and ideas/actions

Which is hilarious, because they're ALSO really bad at understanding metaphor or symbolism

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Don’t take this as a doom post, but the only way you are preventing Trump from becoming President again is by voting for Biden in enough numbers come November. That’s it. That’s how it was only ever going to play out.

There are enough hurdles in place (prosecutorial dumbfuckery, chudges slow-walking deadlines, appeals upon appeals upon appeals) to delay any consequences from these trials from having an impact until well after the election. If we were in this exact same position a year ago, it would still probably be a tall order to see everything through. I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but you need to vote and you need to encourage as many people as you can to suck it up and do the same.

I’d love to be proven wrong, but I don’t see it happening. We need to put in the work.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How’s CPAC gonna top “We are all domestic terrorists” this year?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Asterite34 posted:

Which is hilarious, because they're ALSO really bad at understanding metaphor or symbolism

Lyrics: "Some folks are born made to wave the flag. Hoo, they're red, white and blue!"
Chuds: "HELL YEAH THAT'S ME WHOOOOO!!! [waves flag]"

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Speedboat Jones posted:

We are all sex offenders.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I love when news stories combine

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Grey Cat posted:

We are all sex offenders.

DOMESTIC sex offenders.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Has anyone mad about this managed to state what the supposed crime is? Banging in the conference room at work is an S tier way to get fired but afaik it's not a crime anywhere.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Again, i hate to feed into chud bullshit but why was that guy released, surprised he didnt get his brains blown by some cop if all thats true.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Speedboat Jones posted:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Again, i hate to feed into chud bullshit but why was that guy released, surprised he didnt get his brains blown by some cop if all thats true.

I'm curious about the actual story as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hahahaha

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

big nipples big life posted:

Has anyone mad about this managed to state what the supposed crime is? Banging in the conference room at work is an S tier way to get fired but afaik it's not a crime anywhere.

*shrug* They're fascists. To them the crime is being gay and not in the closet or drug behind a truck.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i actually was asking this question myself last night and no major news orgs are commenting on the reason. a bunch of them were arraigned, but released without bond; so basically, the cops thought they had the right person and had some amount of evidence that made them want these dudes, but a judge didn't take any steps to keep them. i didn't see any statements from the judge, and i was not curious enough to start digging for court documents that might not even be out there for whatever reason.

it's bad and all but i genuinely can't say i give that much of a poo poo about the supposed uproar when these same people just roll their eyes dismissively when cops kill unarmed citizens. the cops that were attacked got hosed up and didn't deserve it, but in a few months it's all gonna be a bad memory for them. can't say the same about the dozens of people who just get loving blown away.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

big nipples big life posted:

I doubt they've even thought that far. It's all tribalism. "They" are allowed to get away with being gay, but "we" can't smash their satan statue. That's why we need to be in charge so we can do whatever we want to them without consequence.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's nothing morally, ethically, or legally wrong with the two of them having a romantic relationship. There's no quid pro quo, everybody is being paid normal market rates, and there's nothing wrong with anyone's qualifications.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
How many years does Trump face in the hush money trial? Because that now seems to be the best bet that it's going to happen.

Minimally a year hopefully

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

oh that's a pity

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

That opens the door for NY criminal trial then. Fingers crossed they don't gently caress it up.

Vitreous Rumor
Oct 21, 2004

I feel like the only one who actually read (any of) the response. Check out pages 8 and 9, they're pretty funny. Page 10 and the supporting image on page 11 is worth a laugh too.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24401430-da-willis-roman-response

Defense is desperate to get the entire thing thrown out because the facts are damning for their clients; That's the extent of it.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Pinche Rudo posted:

That poll’s sampling methodology lol:

Lol even if pollsters have finally ditched landlines for cellphones, anyone under 40 would sooner jump on a grenade than answer a call from an unrecognized number.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

is it mueller time yet?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Durf posted:

Lol even if pollsters have finally ditched landlines for cellphones, anyone under 40 would sooner jump on a grenade than answer a call from an unrecognized number.

As an under 40, this is accurate.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Total Party Kill posted:

is it mueller time yet?

Mueller time has been postponed til after the election

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trainer Red don’t miss

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have Google answer my calls with an automated assistant if I don't know who it is

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Curious if this poo poo still actually works on anyone

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Total Party Kill posted:

is it mueller time yet?

yes absolutely

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Biden's America kinda kicks rear end, not gonna lie. Will look back on it fondly.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
How do pleas work in a case where the prosecutor fumbles the case? Are pleas still enforceable or do the defendants have an opportunity to get their case thrown out?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay so I don't want to deep dive into right wing media but what's the story with the guy flipping people off

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hollismason posted:

How many years does Trump face in the hush money trial? Because that now seems to be the best bet that it's going to happen.

Minimally a year hopefully

I don't think it's likely to result in jail time. It will be a criminal conviction though, for whatever that's worth.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Watching the Jennifer Crumbley trial and Alina Habba should start law firm with this lawyer

This is mother who son shot up school and her and her husband fled

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Hollismason posted:

Okay so I don't want to deep dive into right wing media but what's the story with the guy flipping people off

My understanding:
Has brown skin, got in a fight with cops, judge declined to prosecute.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Watch Biden start a war.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Watch Biden start a civil war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Since right wingers just love false equivalence and just plain making poo poo up to fit whatever narrative they're pushing I'm going to to play their game and say the guy on the left is a total badass who hosed up some cops who were trying to harass him, and the double middle fingers are a grade-A alpha move to signify that he has no fucks to give. And the guy on the right is a domestic terrorist* who blocked people from entering a clinic to receive medical care, potentially putting people's lives in danger and 11 years isn't long enough.

*Not actually making this one up