Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I was eating a Jimmy John’s sub the other day and realized id also taken a bite out of the paper wrapping. Matt is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the ghost stories episode on the congos is absolutely brutal

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Haven't listened to it yet because I read King Leopold's ghost and did a project on Lumumba in high school. So I know it's gonna get worse.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

my jaw was wide at the end.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Too Many Congos!

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

my jaw was wide at the end.

Yep, that got me as well. drat.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I just finished the Olaf Palme and (amazing) BritPop episodes of Ghost Stories. Really looking forward to the Belgium series. I think I heard Matt talk about the Dutrox Affair on You Can’t Win which made me listen to his episodes on Dutrox and the Brabant Killers, and I was hooked.

Will have to relisten to everything sometime.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Everything about the Brabant killings is whack

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
those swedish guys were a bit goofy. Using mythological stories to give a codename to your nuclear bomb project is just nerd poo poo, not fascist poo poo.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Everything about the Brabant killings is whack

Obvious Gladio involvement. Read the Wikipedia about any famous heist or crime in Western Europe. They canvas the usual suspects, they find the safe house in 24 hours, they have fingerprints and have made an arrest. Not saying they always got it right the first time but it is never a complete mystery.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The one where US marines parachuted into Belgium and then killed a Belgian police officer is my favorite little Gladio story. Just an absolute w-t-f when you first learn about it.

They later planted the guns used in the killing on some Communists, lol.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Telluric Whistler posted:

The OG series was also great for this when the first few seasons as the detectives and lawyers slowly transform from "Maybe state sanctioned murder and breaking rules is bad?" to "We're gonna falsify evidence because we're getting BAD GUYS off the street"

For quite a while, but especially those first few seasons and especially Belzer's character are extremely transphobic.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
new 4hr long fall of civilizations ep on egypt

gently caress yes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

A Bag of Milk posted:

gently caress yes

listening to this now. bigb thanks 2 u

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

A Bag of Milk posted:

gently caress yes

fall of civillization is the best ASMR podcast ever

so hell yeah. might listen to friday night

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Trabisnikof posted:

what will blowback do when they run out of USA foreign policy and wars that ended up having terrible terrible consequences?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i feel similar about tides of history except for the most jarring inserted ads about new podcasts with the biggest goobers on the planet

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

tides of history is one of the few i paid for.

That and the The Age of Napoleon pod are worth it imo two cool dudes.

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Popy posted:

tides of history is one of the few i paid for.

That and the The Age of Napoleon pod are worth it imo two cool dudes.

yeah those both slap. age of napoleon is the only good podcast about the french revolution

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Trabisnikof posted:

what will blowback do when they run out of USA foreign policy and wars that ended up having terrible terrible consequences?

watch noah kulwin start a loving war!!!

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Xaris posted:

fall of civillization is the best ASMR podcast ever

so hell yeah. might listen to friday night

used to do this but the he follows with a youtube video and now I wait for that. foc ftw

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

watch noah kulwin start a loving war!!!

good

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

That is a p good thread title. But op should post it here himself so I can report it to the mods... To get the thread name changed.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
We need more friends in cspam and as the cspam elemental I invite more people to post here, especially our neighbors above.

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

tokin opposition posted:

We need more friends in cspam and as the cspam elemental I invite more people to post here, especially our neighbors above.

furthermore, all cspam political prisoners should be freed. we need more posts

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Joementum posted:

For quite a while, but especially those first few seasons and especially Belzer's character are extremely transphobic.

Yeah I watched a few episodes from season 1 of SVU and they all included bad trans jokes.

The original show has some real stinkers with false rape and so on in early seasons, too.

I do really like Brisco, though.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/NBCNews/status/1753587899663028344?s=20

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

get that money sir

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

I can't believe they're platforming this man. Don't they know who he platforms?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Never had a problem with Joe Rogan. Sometimes he asks the kind of questions I would ask, and I think we need more intelligent voices like that

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

hamas ftw posted:

Agreed. Mods, make it so.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

chudify

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

lumpentroll posted:

get that money sir
yep. respect for anyone who gets the bag

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
though i'm not sure what spotify is getting out of another deal if it's no longer exclusive

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I demand more will menaker accent impressions

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Xaris posted:

though i'm not sure what spotify is getting out of another deal if it's no longer exclusive

Rogan might be the only podcast partner that didn't scam them so this may be a face saving maneuver.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

hamas ftw posted:

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone having trouble with the TF pirated feed? My downloads haven't been working for a week or so now.