Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
If I had to be in this clearly miserable Warhammer existence, I think that Gecko Squad guy up there's got the best of it - yeah, everything sucks but at least he looks loving Cool in his snazzy red armour, he's like a Ferrari surrounded by [insert ugly crap generic seppo car make here].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sentinel Red posted:

If I had to be in this clearly miserable Warhammer existence, I think that Gecko Squad guy up there's got the best of it - yeah, everything sucks but at least he looks loving Cool in his snazzy red armour, he's like a Ferrari surrounded by [insert ugly crap generic seppo car make here].

That’s Infinity, not Warhammer. Very different, much more pleasant sci-fi universe.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wave 2 of the X-Men '97 figures are showing up for pre-order on sites like BBTS. I ordered them all except Magneto because I'm a sucker.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideSoldOut=true&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Series=2115&Size=10195&o=1

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/pixeldan/status/1753126932076454220?s=46

It also looks like the Eternia playset is starting to ship

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

He should come with a bus pass or something as an homage.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Haslab announced their new Transformers project: Robots In Disguise Omega Prime. The Optimus Prime figure is largely unchanged from the original, which was nearly perfect, except it lacked strong joints to support the massive size and weight of the combined mode at the time. that's fixed now. also, they turned ultra magnus's gun into another little transformers dude.
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/transformers-legacy-robots-in-disguise-2001-omega-prime

prime fire truck mode, robot mode, and full armor robot mode

ultra magnus carrier mode and robot mode

size chart

and the full combined mode, omega prime

RID Prime is one of my favorite transformers figures, period. for the time he was an engineering marvel, and even now is still solid as a figure. that that robot comes out of this little fist-sized vehicle cab mode was insane to me at the time, and his super armor forming the rest of the fire truck was neat, though it did mean the cab was...not viable as a vehicle without the rest of it.

RID magnus is kind of a brick, I never had a complete one but it was not a very impressive figure especially compared to Prime. he's essentially the Jetfire Pants for Omega Prime. I haven't actually owned an Omega Prime in like 20 years, but hoo boy, my rose-tinted glasses were certainly on full force for this one, because the new one is VASTLY improved over the original in basically every way:

$250 is a pretty hefty asking price, but two Commander class figures as well as one Deluxe, with significantly higher quality builds than normal figures, and the extras from backing it, it's not completely unreasonable.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1753153368950714487?s=46

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1753147279349792981?s=46

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1753139245022085577?s=46

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That Haslab is cool, but given I'm pretty sure I have mostly-complete originals in a box, I'm not dropping $250 on it. They're really fun, though, so go for it if you don't!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

They named the gun robot bluebolts

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I did not know Gnawgahyde was a Dreadknock. I always thought he was Iron Gernadier.

That Nightcreeper is perfect. However I'm not too keen on that Jinx.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jinx looks great. Giving the option for just the blindfold because the keenest eye is that which looks inward? Well done.

Getting Gnawgahyde before Road Pig feels weird, though.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
They were posted on the last page alreayd, doh.

Happy with the reveals today.

Don't need the Tiger Force ones as not a big fan of the team with the yellow, plus I got the other cleaner versions of them.

Torch looks awesome, finish the Dreadnoks!

Jinx looks perfect.

But my favorite is Doc, got a soft spot for him. He always came off as one of the true good ones.

Keep SAW Vipers away from him okay.

The TF duo pack:

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 1, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endless Mike posted:

That Haslab is cool, but given I'm pretty sure I have mostly-complete originals in a box, I'm not dropping $250 on it. They're really fun, though, so go for it if you don't!
one of the draws imo in the new one, in addition to the new engineering, is the tires that aren't literally rotting off the figures like mine did. that was a real problem, the rubber tires just splitting in half and falling off the toys.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I need to get so many more motorcycles for these Drednoks.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe-classified-series/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-mole-rat-94

Mole Rat back in stock for a brief time.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I really like a lot of these new GI Joes, I'm far from all-in with that line but I like all those Dreadnok guys, my collection eventually is mostly going to look like a biker gang I think.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Today is the 60th anniversary of the release of the first GI Joe figure. Pretty neat that on that anniversary, ACTION SAILOR showed up in the mail.

I used to have an action sailor keychain years and years ago that I had on my backpack along with an action soldier.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You got him already?

drat, haven't heard of him being out anywhere yet.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

You got him already?

drat, haven't heard of him being out anywhere yet.

It shipped from Amazon yesterday

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

It shipped from Amazon yesterday

Odd, only him. The rest of the wave still have the same date of April 10th.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
In addition to all the Classified reveals, today McFarlane confirmed the next Super Powers wave that was leaked a while back.

It includes a really nice Ted Kord Blue Beetle and an AWESOME Bug vehicle, both of which Little Bad Voodoo Lou dreamed of as a nine-year-old kid in 1987... and pretty much ever since.

https://mcfarlane.com/toys/blue-beetle-sp/

https://mcfarlane.com/toys/thebugsuperpowers/

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Pics came out shittier than usual, but finally got my Mezco Doom:

Extremely solid figure. A lot of cool accesories, the fact that is almost totally covered in diecast, and overally good articulation (but don't believe the promo pics, you can't get him to cross his arms at all) make the $155 USD MSRP hurt a little less. I like it a lot, but this should have been a $100-120 figure at most.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I'm not a Masters of the Universe guy so I've never owned any (except maybe a hazy memory of battle damage He-man as a kid) but I like the look of the TMNT crossover ones.

I went ahead and picked up the ones of those that are out and I never realized this line (Origins?) is intended to be modular. My daughter and I spent quite a bit of time just mixing and matching these and playing out little stories she came up with and I have to say these chunky figures are really fun to play with. I've no real awareness of MOTU toy lines but I had assumed these were basically collector focused but they are very toyetic and fun.

I'm considering grabbing a couple more random figures if I can find some that are sufficiently interesting and not too expensive. If anyone has recommendations along those lines I'd appreciate it.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

MOTU Origins is a great toy line for kids and collectors alike!

MOTU has always been all about fun character designs, so the best move is just follow your heart and get whatever looks cool. You can go to BBTS or Amazon or your retailer of choice and just sort by price to find good deals; a lot of older ones are pretty cheap now. Aside from the basic figures you can get Battle Cat and Panthor cheap and those guys RULE and my daughter LOVES them; they're the only Origins toys so far that I have bought copies of just for her, because she wanted to steal mine all the time.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

drat it, I am so mad Bandai didn't make a Leia and Lando to go with the rest of the gang (R2 and Threepio are just off camera). Also, I really need to find a better scaled bowcaster - I picked up a cheap Solo Chewie and swapped in a TBS bandolier and bowcaster but the latter is huuuuuuuuuuge. Or rather, the bow part is, the rest fits in his hand fine enough.

Those old Luke and old Han head sculpts though, so frickin' good.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, the Ahch To Luke head especially.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’d kill to own any version of the Crait Leia gown look. I even thought about commissioning one from a guy who’s done them before but it was way outside my budget.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Super7 just announced getting licenses for Thin Lizzy and Spinal Tap.

If this means Ultimates of Phil Lynott, David St. Hubbins, Nigel Tufnel and Derek Smalls I will be over the moon!!

And then they all come with a bass of course. Maybe I can then buy the Cliff Burton Ultimate and it's time for Big Bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN42uzNFVmQ

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg posted:

If this means Ultimates of Phil Lynott, David St. Hubbins, Nigel Tufnel and Derek Smalls I will be over the moon!!

There's a new Spinal Tap movie entering production in a week or two, I'd consider them likely.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

And then they all come with a bass of course. Maybe I can then buy the Cliff Burton Ultimate and it's time for Big Bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN42uzNFVmQ

Phil Lynott? Guess you got much different version of Spinal Tap in Bizzaroworld than we did here.

Duh, somehow missed the Thin Lizzy part!

Sentinel Red fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 2, 2024

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just woke up and see Type-O

What is going on?! It’s bass gods all over.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So, Hasbro Pulse has the Ghostbusters Plasma Series Neutrona Wand (1984) on sale, I ordered it and it shipped in three hours which was kinda nuts.

Since it is stated to be a 1984 version, not Engon's from the movie awhile back. What are the odds that they start selling a 1984 proton pack?

Is that too much to believe in happening.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You can mod the Haslab pack to be a 1984 pack, they’re very unlikely to do another one.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That's the problem, I missed out on the haslab one.

And after market prices are excessively high.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Managed to find a good deal on the ThreeZero MMPR six pack... super happy with them, they look so good posed together!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Managed to find a good deal on the ThreeZero MMPR six pack... super happy with them, they look so good posed together!

Yeah those look sick.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Nerd Of Prey posted:

MOTU Origins is a great toy line for kids and collectors alike!

MOTU has always been all about fun character designs, so the best move is just follow your heart and get whatever looks cool. You can go to BBTS or Amazon or your retailer of choice and just sort by price to find good deals; a lot of older ones are pretty cheap now. Aside from the basic figures you can get Battle Cat and Panthor cheap and those guys RULE and my daughter LOVES them; they're the only Origins toys so far that I have bought copies of just for her, because she wanted to steal mine all the time.

Yeah you are right turns out. It was not hard at all to find a few guys that are pretty cheap but really unique and make good figures to mix and match.

This might make me a low key He-Man fan.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

drat, I missed out on them when they were being deep discounted a bit ago, where'd you get them for cheap?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

drat, I missed out on them when they were being deep discounted a bit ago, where'd you get them for cheap?

Got them off eBay, i didn’t see any store that had them at a good price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Look at this handsome couple!

Kaiyodo C-3PO and Black Series R2-D2. They look great together!