Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

Correct. The opening referencing her fierce independence wasn't some feminist screed insert, that's straight up from her origin story in that she adamantly refused to bend the knee to anyone. Considering how in Hellaverse canon Lucifer didn't fit in with the other angels him falling for Lilith makes a lot of sense. She essentially isolated herself from mankind by refusing to become the mother of it.

Which makes me even more curious now why she's essentially hiding out in Heaven (or possibly on Earth) currently and seems to have made some kind of bargain with Lute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Flopsy posted:

Correct. The opening referencing her fierce independence wasn't some feminist screed insert, that's straight up from her origin story in that she adamantly refused to bend the knee to anyone. Considering how in Hellaverse canon Lucifer didn't fit in with the other angels him falling for Lilith makes a lot of sense. She essentially isolated herself from mankind by refusing to become the mother of it.

i mean i think the original texts are she didnt do missionary or something and wanted to be on top and that broke adams weird brain and Gods too. Guess i am going to hell. lol

Larryb posted:

Which makes me even more curious now why she's essentially hiding out in Heaven (or possibly on Earth) currently and seems to have made some kind of bargain with Lute

from what i remember from early show notes. I think she wants to burn the system down, hell i think thats part of the reason she sided with luci and helped set up hell while he hosed around with his ducks, I dont think Lute knows that outside thinking adam is weaklink

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Darth Walrus posted:

That huge spiky grin the cannibals have is incredibly common for demons. Even Lucifer the fallen angel has it. It's Alastor's yellow teeth that are unique, or at least uncommon.

Hush has yellow too iirc

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Elman posted:

edit: I just remembered Lucifer made a comment about having sex with Eve. Is she in hell?

I think that Lucifer was using double-entendre. She "liked what he had to offer," which in this case was the apple.

Sir Pentious is Sir Repentious now, I guess.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Madurai posted:

I think that Lucifer was using double-entendre. She "liked what he had to offer," which in this case was the apple.

Sir Pentious is Sir Repentious now, I guess.

Sir Penitentious

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sir Penitence

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also I'm pretty sure this is basically canon.

https://twitter.com/frenchPa1n/status/1751735203494576632

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hard same. I kinda wonder if Valentino's glasses are prescription because canonically he has terrible eyesight.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I still get a kick that we saw a Goth Charlie pic in Lucifers room:

Even in hell people have a phase.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Still got a weakness for surly goth girls years later, mind you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Last Call posted:

We need to see this Charlie again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Last Call posted:

Flashback to angsty teen Goth Charlie please

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Flopsy posted:

Hard same. I kinda wonder if Valentino's glasses are prescription because canonically he has terrible eyesight.

What canon are you getting this from?

The Hazbin Hotel Journey to the Light wiki which keeps getting pushed to the top of my searches is fanfiction totally unaffiliated with the creators of the show.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What canon are you getting this from?

The Hazbin Hotel Journey to the Light wiki which keeps getting pushed to the top of my searches is fanfiction totally unaffiliated with the creators of the show.

Angel flat out says his eyes are for poo poo and moths have terrible vision. If you want more than that Viv liked that first meeting post which is her way of soft affirming things. Not the best habit as sometimes she spoils her own shows but eh.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I enjoy that final episode a great deal.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also pretty sure Velvette hangs with them because she enjoys watching rancid men kiss each other.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also pretty sure Velvette hangs with them because she enjoys watching rancid men kiss each other.

Big Helluva boss energy ngl. Not Ozzie and Fizz though they're wholesome as gently caress.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A fun little bit where Charlie's corkboard seems to have some indications of which Overlord's territories are where.

The overhead maps of Pentagram City are even pretty clear, can see the Vees, Carmilla's section, and Cannibal Town pretty distinctly, and fittingly it looks like Carmilla's section is both in gray/silver like her colour scheme and has a lot of factories. The section the hotel is in is linked to Alastor, Charlie, and Lucifer, interestingly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Flopsy posted:

Angel flat out says his eyes are for poo poo and moths have terrible vision. If you want more than that Viv liked that first meeting post which is her way of soft affirming things. Not the best habit as sometimes she spoils her own shows but eh.

That's cool, I just couldn't remember him saying that in the show. Must have missed it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That's cool, I just couldn't remember him saying that in the show. Must have missed it.

It’s when husk and Angel are coming back. From the fight and chatting with each other.

I will say despite pacing issues the show is very good at setting things up and paying off.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though now that we’re done with the origin story I still hope the next season is a bit longer/better paced

Still pretty good overall though and I admire their decision to canonize a 5 year old pilot rather than redoing the story from the beginning

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Hell is literally just Earth on hardcore mode. Including the "actually dying" part.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Season wrapped up well. However, it's left unanswered one essential question: what the gently caress are the egg boys, canonically? Are they Hell-born? Sinners? Eldritch abominations?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Is Charlie the only one of the main characters who's never been on Earth?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Madurai posted:

Is Charlie the only one of the main characters who's never been on Earth?

Seems that way, yeah (she's literally the only hellborn member of the group, though despite taking on a more demonic form when she's angry I'm not sure if you could necessarily call her a demon either seeing as she's the child of a fallen angel and a human)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 3, 2024

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cugel the Clever posted:

Season wrapped up well. However, it's left unanswered one essential question: what the gently caress are the egg boys, canonically? Are they Hell-born? Sinners? Eldritch abominations?

I'm pretty sure Pentious made them, given regrets expressed on his first day at the Hotel.I'm going with eldritch abominations

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Cugel the Clever posted:

I assume he lays them.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
So for Lilith, It seems to me like she has been jealous of (probably) Eve in heaven, hated Adam to the core. While she may very well love Lucifer, I don't think she ever wanted to be in hell. I'm not sure what exactly happened seven years ago, but it seems Alastor and Lilith did something, may be cornering Lute and having her make sure Adam dies in some way. Maybe part of Lilith's deal with Alastor was to have him watch over Charlie, and he's using this as a way to get back at Lilith and potentially break the contract they have. Charlie's contract with Alastor is going to be big in him dealing with Lilith.

Also, I want to take a moment to appreciate just how loving powerful Adam was. As much of a dickhead sinner he himself is, he had some incredible powers and abilities. It then showcases just how strong not only Lucifer was, but how strong Charlie actually is, when she actually uses it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, while she prefers to deal with things peacefully Charlie can gently caress poo poo up with the best of them when she’s properly motivated/has no other option

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Adam's powers and him just totally decimating the hotel with his lazers, sort of brought up questions regarding the exterminations. My inital assumption was, okay it seems like if you are indoors the angels aren't allowed to go in there and mess with you, there seems to be enough sinners stuck out on the streets because of overpopulation. But, outside of the hotel being a very rare special case where Adam was just breaking the rules, he really had no trouble just destroying the building. But if that's not the case, what was stopping them from just breaking into buildings to kill everyone? Especially the Overlords. I mean the Vees just kind of stayed chilling in their tower watching the hotel get attacked, but there wasn't any fortifications, they even had full floor to ceiling glass windows. And yes I know this time they focused on the hotel before they planned on the usual plan, but I'm talking about previous exterminations. I'm really curious what the rules were there, but I imagine that will not get answered now that they're over

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Adam's powers and him just totally decimating the hotel with his lazers, sort of brought up questions regarding the exterminations. My inital assumption was, okay it seems like if you are indoors the angels aren't allowed to go in there and mess with you, there seems to be enough sinners stuck out on the streets because of overpopulation. But, outside of the hotel being a very rare special case where Adam was just breaking the rules, he really had no trouble just destroying the building. But if that's not the case, what was stopping them from just breaking into buildings to kill everyone? Especially the Overlords. I mean the Vees just kind of stayed chilling in their tower watching the hotel get attacked, but there wasn't any fortifications, they even had full floor to ceiling glass windows. And yes I know this time they focused on the hotel before they planned on the usual plan, but I'm talking about previous exterminations. I'm really curious what the rules were there, but I imagine that will not get answered now that they're over

Ease. It wasn't personal before, they were just having fun. No reason to go out of the way trying to break into a fortified stronghold when there are so many sinners running around outside. You'd just be wasting prescious slaughter time.

Caros
May 14, 2008

The episode did a good job of drilling in the fact that power rankings in hell aren't just some dragonball bullshit, but that the overall rank of power is both somewhat fluid and fixed.

Charlie effectively lost to Adam before Lucifer showed up to bail her out, but judging by the few direct clashes they had (such as when she stops his attack right before the end of the fight) she's definitely on or above his level. She is just a poo poo fighter as one would expect her to be.

Alastor by contrast is supposedly well down the list in terms of power, but he tangled quite effectively with Adam until the later brought out the big guns. If you are weaker but a better fighter you can step up quite a bit even with the difference in strength.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Adam was prepared to break the treaty this time around and just go on a wholesale slaughter. Once he was done with the hotel he was genuinely planning doing a complete wipe of the pride ring--possibly more before Lucifer got off his rear end to stop him. This is a big ratfuck for heaven though since Adam broke the rules they technically can't call foul here. Thus exterminations are off the table.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 3, 2024

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The vibes on Lilith are just generally very bad, wouldn't surprise me if we learn that Charlie's infodump in the first episode was the incredibly sanitized version of how Eden went down.

Cugel the Clever posted:

They're good bois is what they are.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

So how many kinds of people are actually damned souls? I wasn't sure but I figured Overlords were perhaps hellborn beings that were never living on Earth and had died. At first I assumed that only Charlie was hellborn but Carmilla has daughters so...

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

DoubleCakes posted:

So how many kinds of people are actually damned souls? I wasn't sure but I figured Overlords were perhaps hellborn beings that were never living on Earth and had died. At first I assumed that only Charlie was hellborn but Carmilla has daughters so...

Overlords are all Sinners, just ones who have amassed power. Carmilla's daughters may have reunited with her in death or they may just be adopted in hell.

Hazbin doesn't really deal with Hellborn, that's Helluva's bag. Charlie, Razzle, Dazzle, Keekee, maybe Fat Nuggets, and possibly the Egg Boys technically. The rest are sinners and angels.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's a vague implication between Hazbin and Helluva that Sinners are mostly if not entirely congregated in the Pride ring.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

There's a vague implication between Hazbin and Helluva that Sinners are mostly if not entirely congregated in the Pride ring.

We've never seen a sinner outside the Pride ring so yeah I'd say so.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Maybe Hell's population problem would be solved if more Sinners moved from Pride and I dunno worked on a ranch in Wrath or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Do we have any idea of the timeline of the two shows? Feels like Helluva Boss takes place after this.