Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Aw. RIP Dillon. Pushing too many pencils in the sky now. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Who is even close to Swift's level of global popularity at the moment?

Beyonce maybe comes decently close with 200M records sold worldwide

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Christiano Ronaldo, Leonel Messi, Obama, Trump.. there's a lot of people who are more famous than she is globally.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

"Wonderful time making it." Didn't half the cast and crew catch extremely severe dysentery from shooting in the jungle heat for so long, because potable water was at a premium?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Timby posted:

"Wonderful time making it." Didn't half the cast and crew catch extremely severe dysentery from shooting in the jungle heat for so long, because potable water was at a premium?

Shared suffering builds life long bonds.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/ShooterMcGavin_/status/1753511241602191690?t=C0DmW-RVK5cWFtcQo4KLRQ&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Shared suffering builds life long bonds.

I’m going to tell people their famous handshake/flex was inspired by them holding hands while making GBS threads together

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I keep pressing Starcraft Terran hotkeys by instinct but I am loving this grid hotkey system for structures, units, and upgrades.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My wife keeps rescheduling :(

Hey I know what that's like. I was trying to schedule some for last night but instead SB had to bring me to the ER because my insides tried to murder me. Really put the brakes on things.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

oh yeah, back when Craig T. Nelson was only playing at being an rear end in a top hat villain

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Braksgirl posted:

Hey I know what that's like. I was trying to schedule some for last night but instead SB had to bring me to the ER because my insides tried to murder me. Really put the brakes on things.

There's a joke about punishing your insides there but I'm failing.

Speaking of me failing, the reason here is because there's laundry to do and welp ... Here I am folding laundry!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It's a good thing I didn't know Carl Weathers because if I was at that funeral no earthly force would stop me from raising his arm out of the casket and making a stew joke

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

Meetings can always be rescheduled when all the participants are well.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Menu was on HBO when I got home and the climax had me hankering for a cheeseburger.

20 minutes to get a double quarter pounder meal from the drive-thru and it cost me $11.50?!? :chaostrump: is going to win the 2024 election.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Freaquency posted:

I have the original in my library and have yet to play it, so maybe I should rectify that.

Yo this game is loving weird as hell

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

daryl dixon walking simulator is indeed weird as hell

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse posted:

The Menu was on HBO when I got home and the climax had me hankering for a cheeseburger.

20 minutes to get a double quarter pounder meal from the drive-thru and it cost me $11.50?!? :chaostrump: is going to win the 2024 election.

Trump's going to win but not because Joe Brandon has forced capitalism to charge more for dogshit than they should be charging.

Do they not have actual food burgers in your area?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

wait, i play world of tanks. I got no place critting anyones gaming choices

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ether Frenzy posted:

Trump's going to win but not because Joe Brandon has forced capitalism to charge more for dogshit than they should be charging.

Do they not have actual food burgers in your area?

There are tons of legit burger places in Portland. I wanted something cheap & fast and got neither.

I was also being kinda facetious too about complaining about fast food prices… but since I don't get fast food often* it's still a bit of a sticker shock that McDonald's is pretty expensive. Also you know there are folks that are still feeling the effects of inflation (even tho most studies are showing it's actually slowing down) so it's possible they'll make their voices heard in November.

*I don't count my NFL GDT wings purchases though I probably should.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

GD_American posted:

It's a good thing I didn't know Carl Weathers because if I was at that funeral no earthly force would stop me from raising his arm out of the casket and making a stew joke

I'll be lifting up a potato in his honor.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Menu owns, prolly seen it 4 times now

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GD_American posted:

oh yeah, back when Craig T. Nelson was only playing at being an rear end in a top hat villain

Remember this golden quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

OK so hosed-up drive-thru aren't just a thing where I live huh. There's a Chik-Fil-A I drive by on occasion and the drive-thru line is always wrapped around the building. Like...go somewhere else if it's that long.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

C-Euro posted:

OK so hosed-up drive-thru aren't just a thing where I live huh. There's a Chik-Fil-A I drive by on occasion and the drive-thru line is always wrapped around the building. Like...go somewhere else if it's that long.

To be fair you can go through that Chick-fil-A line faster than having no one in front of you at McDonalds.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

C-Euro posted:

That’s every Chik-Fil-A. To their credit they are usually the fastest drive in.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Limp chicken, limp waffle fries is the perfect encapsulation of christian beliefs. I'm amazed they allow the pickle

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

swickles posted:

To be fair you can go through that Chick-fil-A line faster than having no one in front of you at McDonalds.

Someone at work asked me about the whole In N Out vs. Whataburger thing, and here's how I described it:

You pull up a half-mile from In N Out and get in the line that's backed up to the offramp. It takes you 30 minutes to get your food. The burger is fantastic and the fries are terrible.

You pull up behind the one other car in the Whataburger drive-thru. It takes you 30 minutes to get your food. The burger is pretty good and the fries are decent.

Both want to sell you a t-shirt.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Silly Burrito posted:

That’s every Chik-Fil-A. To their credit they are usually the fastest drive in.

Either Inn n Out learned from Chick Fil A, or vice versa. They both have it on lock

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I like Whataburger

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dutch Bros will always have the worst drive thrus imo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Either Inn n Out learned from Chick Fil A, or vice versa. They both have it on lock

Everyone like's learning In n out with a chick.

Edit: I hate those double drive throughs where people get confused about when to go even though there's a giant sign telling you when.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Mcds zipper lines are fine, Dutch bros sucks (where the person taking orders is in one lane for like 3 cars instead of switching), Chica sucks cause online orders just try to jam in like entitled fucks. I’ve only seen one In n Out zipper, but I saw the old dude with his grandson in a loving beat to poo poo Saturn and I totally called it out to my wife he was gonna cut like we didn’t exist. She started edging our car closer and closer and she caved laughing cause I saw it in his eyes instantly

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 3, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Limp chicken, limp waffle fries is the perfect encapsulation of christian beliefs. I'm amazed they allow the pickle

gently caress Cains….oh Chicka………gently caress them too

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Dutch Bros will always have the worst drive thrus imo

We got hooked on Dutch in Oregon for a destination wedding, they opened a few down the back of the mountain in SoCal and I swear we go to Apple Valley once a month so the wife can get her fix……that and getting yarn. I have so much yarn in my house

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Everyone like's learning In n out with a chick.

Edit: I hate those double drive throughs where people get confused about when to go even though there's a giant sign telling you when.

You’re getting signs? Here in Mercia it’s first come first served. Yeah there’s 6 F-450s in the McDonalds drive thru. 4 feet back from the speaker? Well yell ur order over the sound of pure American coal burning diesels. When they get your order wrong you can tell em to go back to Mexico between coughs

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 3, 2024

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the big mac index is an actual thing
https://inflationchart.com/bigmac-in-cpi

The price of a big mac outpaced inflation severely since 2017, but since inflation spiked in 2021 the big mac's price has actually risen slightly less quickly than inflation (the red line is slightly below the blue line, so the falling value of the dollar is slightly catching up with the rising price of the big mac). Of course, this varies somewhat by state, city, and individual location.

It should be noted this is a chart with two Y axes with different values, so you should not pay much attention to the steepness of the curves which is arbitrary (changing the scale of either y axis would change the steepness of one line without affecting the other). What is important is trends, and the red line's direction and steepness.

It's nothing compared to the big mac crisis of november 1987-January 1988, when according to this data a bic mac jumped from $1.60 to $2.39. They lowered the price back down to $2.02 in January 1989, bringing the burger back into line but still substantially above inflation, and only due to relative price stability in the Mac compared to the gradual inflation thorughout the 90s left the big mac finally back in line with CPI in mid-1999. It remained a bargain and became even cheaper until 2005, at which point it was an all-time deal, cheaper compared to the value of money than ever before.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Nerd

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I knew the economy sucked when I couldn’t get 5 for $5 at Arbys, been down hill ever since

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Plus I’m doubly mad Arbys and Weiner went from Pepsi to coke, making me drive to Taco Bell for a Mountain Dew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

*****I haven’t done that but WTF Lays corp