Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
These economists and dem pundits are such craven assholes because you can tell the economy is super lovely just by walking around

Roads suck
Bridges are falling apart
Everything is dirty and gross
Massive increase in drugged out homeless people with nowhere to go and nobody helping them
Planes and trains crashing
Nobody has any loving MONEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Glumwheels posted:

That’s a bargain for a homemade cake but a poo poo move by her friend to do that after the cake was made.

Around here a cake is $100+ and that’s off the shelf, anything custom adds $200 to the price or more.

I feel like I recall seeing a scandal where some pro cakemaker owned up to mostly just using cheap box mix for the cake itself and the expense was mainly for the labor/decorations and other bakers backed them up and yeah I get that realistically a lot of time can go into decorating a cool cake so considering hourly wage for a skilled artist it makes sense that it'd be expensive even with cheap ingredients but lmao at paying a couple hundred bucks for what is at the end of the day betty crocker.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

PoundSand posted:

I feel like I recall seeing a scandal where some pro cakemaker owned up to mostly just using cheap box mix for the cake itself and the expense was mainly for the labor/decorations and other bakers backed them up and yeah I get that realistically a lot of time can go into decorating a cool cake so considering hourly wage for a skilled artist it makes sense that it'd be expensive even with cheap ingredients but lmao at paying a couple hundred bucks for what is at the end of the day betty crocker.

https://www.amazon.com/Spiral-Birth...rd_i=B014K2NKVY

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think joe biden hurt the economy and made it sick.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

sleep with the vicious posted:

These economists and dem pundits are such craven assholes because you can tell the economy is super lovely just by walking around

Roads suck
Massive increase in drugged out homeless people with nowhere to go and nobody helping them

people are in bubbles and don't just walk around. they drive or uber or fly to different locales where that stuff is just stuff you see out the window on your way to an exclusive beach or restaurant or something

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

PoundSand posted:

box cake is fine
your kids especially won't know the difference

feed them box cakes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Morbus posted:

Uh, sorry, this is incorrect.

There are in fact rigorous mathematical proofs as to the form of the demand function, going back 50 years at least:

https://doi.org/10.2307/1913184

Now, how then, you might ask, does one parameterize a polynomial of unknown and arbitrarily high degree, using only price and quantity data? Easy: you don't!

that’s what i meant by “underidentified”

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

box cake is fine
your kids especially won't know the difference

feed them box cakes

I wasn't disparaging the humble box cake I just wouldn't pay several hundred dollars for one.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the real hosed up thing about box cake is that they could sell them complete in box and shelf stable at the same time but some bullshit marketing execs said "nah let people add the eggs so they still feel like they're doing something"
and now we have to have eggs and boxes

it's an absurd inconvenience in this modern world

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Roads suck

yeah but who cares. not my problem. my $COST is up 400% in 3 years! ALL TIME HIGHS!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

the milk machine posted:

people are in bubbles and don't just walk around. they drive or uber or fly to different locales where that stuff is just stuff you see out the window on your way to an exclusive beach or restaurant or something

I mean yeah but except for true billionaires who get to avoid this stuff entirely, it all still really sucks for even exec level commoners. Except they love it because they have it better than commoners (united premier 1k star alliance gold baby)

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

In Training posted:

TF kind of cakes are you buying

Did you see that post about the poo poo breakfast sandwich and coffee for $20? A cake from a retail bakery around here is easily $90 for a a 6” cake that is pre-decorated and was sitting in their fridge/freezer. Custom cakes are $300+ and even home bakers charge around that too.

poo poo is unnecessarily expensive a here mainly because people pay it.

I don’t pay it, gently caress that.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Roads suck

yeah but you can’t quantify those things so economists don’t look at them. not like price demand elasticity

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

Roads suck

Thread title please.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Roads suck

same as it ever was

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

this is so genuinely, truly, horrifically bad lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right posted:

lol after they let me go a shitload of ppl left voluntarily and no one in the company wants to work after the C suite gave a stunning "this is the year of work and you're going to have to work harder than ever to keep your jobs" after refusing to take paycuts themselves.

its going SWIMMINGLY. no one knows how to do half the poo poo anymore over night because they fired like a dozen people who were the bus problem

They are trying to hire me back now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

anime was right posted:

nows the time to ask for 3x wages and 30 days PTO

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

the milk machine posted:

Those aren't people.

:commissar:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

lol they didn't even last a month

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Alright lmfao

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

once upon a time i did an internship at a graphic design studio that paid 50% of the legal minimum wage in my country and tried to hire me permanently at the same rate after i was done as an intern... but when i had a birthday there they let me choose my own insanely fancy cake from a catalogue that started at $70 and went up to like $180

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

parasyte posted:

i remember this from a levine newsletter last year. zuck tore a ligament doing some mma or whatever and a different bloomberg writer asked if meta should disclose zucc's cage fighting risk in their filings. because not doing so might be securities fraud, or at least someone could sue claiming it was securities fraud and really everything is securities fraud anyway.

yup

Paradoxish posted:

this is so genuinely, truly, horrifically bad lmao

it really truly is lmao

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Ne Cede Malis posted:

Thread title please.

[Doomsday Economics] Nobody has any loving MONEY

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How can you say the economy is good when the price of a fountain drink at the convenience store jumped 30 cents from what it was in December?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

super sweet best pal posted:

How can you say the economy is good when the price of a fountain drink at the convenience store jumped 30 cents from what it was in December?

Stancilvoice no it hasn't! :D

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is kind of impressive how bored rich people get.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ardennes posted:

there's only so many patagonia, machu pichu, reykjavík photo-ops, only so many hydrofoils, only so many mega-yachts the size of a small hawaiian island that you can buy

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Xaris posted:

nows the time to ask for 3x wages and 30 days PTO

also ask for a resigning bonus and then just don’t ever do any work

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Ardennes posted:

Maybe the new Apple Vision Pro will finally make me happy.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
if someone fired me without warning and then shortly after realized they had made a mistake and tried to rehire me I would be incredibly unscrupulous about bilking enormous sums of money from them while ensuring I never delivered anything of value.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Xaris posted:

there's only so many patagonia, machu pichu, reykjavík photo-ops, only so many hydrofoils, only so many mega-yachts the size of a small hawaiian island that you can buy

ships are some the most boringest poo poo i had to endure as part of my job

oh its a tub that floats on water and has been around for 10000 years, big loving deal

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Palladium posted:

ships are some the most boringest poo poo i had to endure as part of my job

oh its a tub that floats on water and has been around for 10000 years, big loving deal

i think the fun part about ships is having an entire crew dedicated to cleaning/operating/pumping the shitter/storing it and you just get to kick back with hookers and blow and water-skiing behind it heading between lil saint james

i would like to own a boat but im too poor and they cost $$$$$$$$$$ these days, its kinda insane for being around for 10000 years that they're so expensive. its actually incredibly hard to own one in america

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Dude even a 10ft bass boat takes constant upkeep. It's not America that makes boats expensive. I mean it does, but boats themselves are money sinks because of all the water.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
A boat is just a hole you throw money into

Try a less expensive hobby, like collecting graphics cards

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Glumwheels posted:

Did you see that post about the poo poo breakfast sandwich and coffee for $20? A cake from a retail bakery around here is easily $90 for a a 6” cake that is pre-decorated and was sitting in their fridge/freezer. Custom cakes are $300+ and even home bakers charge around that too.

poo poo is unnecessarily expensive a here mainly because people pay it.

I don’t pay it, gently caress that.

just take your daughter to disneyland, you can afford it dude

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/WSJ/status/1753753972047859991?s=20

lol yeah i wonder

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Stereotype posted:

if someone fired me without warning and then shortly after realized they had made a mistake and tried to rehire me I would be incredibly unscrupulous about bilking enormous sums of money from them while ensuring I never delivered anything of value.

:hai:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

gradenko_2000 posted:

A boat is just a hole you throw money into

Two happiest days of boat ownership:

1) The day you buy it
2) The day you sell it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigWeirdSashimi