Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
At this point Luigi Primo will finish the story before Cody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Already seeing people speculate this a Cody heel turn

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Don't feel bad for Cody, he's just happy to be part of the WWE family.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Well WWE does love chickenshit heels and there's nothing more chickenshit than what Cody did.

Well maybe crying like a baby when a fat juggalo menaces you in Virtual Boy lighting. But it's neck and neck.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Cody: "I CAN'T FIGHT ROMAN, HE'S JUST TOO STRONG"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean you could of done Rock/Roman night 1 and than do Cody/Roman night 2 and not do this but they had to go max comedy route to humiliate Cody

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

closet statist posted:

WWE Hell thread willing things into existence at this point

its called CHIM, brother

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean you could of done Rock/Roman night 1 and than do Cody/Roman night 2 and not do this but they had to go max comedy route to humiliate Cody

You were never getting any kind of “either Dwayne or Reigns have a match on both nights” for many reasons. The main ones being “Dwayne’s last real match had him tear everything and that was 11 years ago”, “Dwayne got gassed doing thirty seconds with Jinder last month, he’s not doing two half hour matches in 48 hours”, and “Reigns had 7 TV matches all last year, he’s not doing 2 of this year’s 7 in 48 hours”

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

always was impressed with roman getting the 2003 rock treatment for years and years to come as just a guy they handed all of that over to for no real reason

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lmfao cody

the grass is definitely greener this time, guys, promise!!!! gl andrade, i miss u <3

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
whats rock gonna do after he gets booed at mania again?

netflix "standup" special thats just an airing of his grievances?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cody sucks lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cody: Hello?
Dwayne: Yes?
Cody: Is, uh, Hunter there?
Dwayne: Not in the sense that you mean. You need to come see me.
Cody: Who is this?
Dwayne: You know who it is. You need to talk to me.
Cody: I don't need to talk to you.
Dwayne: I think you do. Do you know where I'm main eventing?
Cody: Why would I care where you're main eventing?
Dwayne: I know where you are.
Cody: Yeah? Where am I?
Dwayne: You're in the midcard feuding with Seth, but that's not where I'm going. Do you know where I'm main eventing?
Cody: Yeah, I know where you're main eventing.
Dwayne: Alright.
Cody: You know you won't go over.
Dwayne: It doesn't make any difference who goes over.
Cody: So what are you main eventing for?
Dwayne: You know how this is going to turn out, don't you?
Cody: Nope.
Dwayne: I think you do. So this is what I'll offer — you bring me into the ring and I'll let Roman go. Otherwise he's jobbed out, same as you. That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save your story, because you can't.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Comparing the WrestleMania main event stuff with ten years ago is fascinating to me. They're two very similar situations with one being more blatantly stupid than the other.

As lame as the Bryan/Batista stuff was, at least they tried to tell a story that made some sense. Bryan wasn't in the Rumble because Triple H didn't want him in it. Batista won and therefore earned a title shot against Orton. The Cody situation is more like if Bryan actually did win the Rumble, but afterwards decided to just let Batista take care of Orton instead.

Ten years apart, Punk getting injured in the Royal Rumble caused WrestleMania's main event to become chaotic.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hey, remember back in 2010 when Low Ki won a shot for any title by winning the second season of NXT, and cashed it in on an intercontinental title shot against Dolph Ziggler and lost in less than ten minutes?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If Jack Perry hadn't said "cry me a river", Cody would be main eventing Wrestlemania

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Drakkel posted:

Saw someone say it only makes sense for Cody to beat Roman at Summerslam, after Roman's broken Hogan's record

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Saw someone say it only makes sense for Cody to beat Roman at Summerslam, after Roman's broken Hogan's record

And then 2 days before Summerslam HHH is like "well, we're never gonna have another chance to break Bruno's record so gently caress it"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

Jack Perry has said:
cry me a river

Because he didn’t want Cody to main event Wrestlemania

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The saddest reaction to all this is when I see people angrily canceling their Peacock subscription and vowing to never support WWE again.

Like finding out the former head of the company and probably a lot of it's executive structure where doing gang rapes and sex trafficking in the company headquarters for 40 years wasn't the straw that broke the camels back, it was a dumb booking decision. It literally didn't matter what horrific crimes were going on as long as the booking was good.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Don't post much in PSP but I'm here to laugh at Cody

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

TheSwizzler posted:

Don't post much in PSP but I'm here to laugh at everyone on the interwebs who were trying to justify last year's WM main event result.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I'm rooting for the rubber chicken.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This thread has struck a massive vein of gold as of late.

The purest gold there is.

It is glorious to behold.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Am I too late on this one?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

You were never getting any kind of “either Dwayne or Reigns have a match on both nights” for many reasons. The main ones being “Dwayne’s last real match had him tear everything and that was 11 years ago”, “Dwayne got gassed doing thirty seconds with Jinder last month, he’s not doing two half hour matches in 48 hours”, and “Reigns had 7 TV matches all last year, he’s not doing 2 of this year’s 7 in 48 hours”

Has anyone even done double duty at Mania?

Gavok posted:

Ten years apart, Punk getting injured in the Royal Rumble caused WrestleMania's main event to become chaotic.

It's reminding me of the Mania 162000 main event, which pretty much changed on a seemingly weekly basis after the Rumble that year.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the rock is going to step foot in the ring and blow both his quads out before roman even enters the ring

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

edogawa rando posted:

Has anyone even done double duty at Mania?

Bret Hart, Yokozuna, D'Lo Brown, Test, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro... first round winners of the WrestleMania 4 tournament. Savage did quadruple duty!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gavok posted:

Am I too late on this one?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

Bret Hart, Yokozuna, D'Lo Brown, Test, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro... first round winners of the WrestleMania 4 tournament. Savage did quadruple duty!

Sorry, should've been clearer - I meant across the two nights once they made it a multi-evening event. That one's on me.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Gavok posted:

You forgot Luger, Luger's a fuckin workhorse

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

edogawa rando posted:

Sorry, should've been clearer - I meant across the two nights once they made it a multi-evening event. That one's on me.

The Miz, sort of?

TheSwizzler posted:

You forgot Luger, Luger's a fuckin workhorse

When did Luger wrestle twice?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
universal champion the miz

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Gavok posted:

The Miz, sort of?

When did Luger wrestle twice?

Nah wait you're right he was slated to face Hennig if he lost the coin flip but he won

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Drakkel posted:

The saddest reaction to all this is when I see people angrily canceling their Peacock subscription and vowing to never support WWE again.

Like finding out the former head of the company and probably a lot of it's executive structure where doing gang rapes and sex trafficking in the company headquarters for 40 years wasn't the straw that broke the camels back, it was a dumb booking decision. It literally didn't matter what horrific crimes were going on as long as the booking was good.

I'm surprised the Fedbrained can even differentiate between good and bad booking considering they're watching WWE.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

The Miz, sort of?

Wait, really?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

edogawa rando posted:

Wait, really?

Last year there was a thing where on Night 1, he had an impromptu match with Pat McAfee. On Night 2, he had an impromptu match with Shane, who immediately tore his quad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Erebus posted:

here's the end of smackdown if anyone missed it

https://i.imgur.com/tTXNmfs.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(fox from antichrist voice) roman reigns