Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Escape_GOAT posted:

If Albon is going to RB, then where is Checo going for 2025?!

home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

wicka posted:

Where the gently caress is Khablam

living in your head 24/7 rent-free

I'm assuming you've all heard that Lewis appears to have blindsided the Mercedes team with this announcement? That makes me wonder if Mercedes will limit the damage by insisting on gardening leave clauses in the contract (surely they were not stupid and didn't cover themselves) and make Lewis sit out the year. Because having Hamilton continuing to race for the team for a full year in this situation is just not..optimal. It'd be funny as hell, don't get me wrong, just really bad for Mercedes.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i would love a season of lewis tearing up the track in other series while continuing to collect checks from mercedes

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Escape_GOAT posted:

To clubs so he can cheat on his wife full time instead of being distracted by all these races.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Watching F4 UAE and this announcer is going to pop an artery he's so excited about this nothing race.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

refleks posted:

What kind of a loving deal is that. How desperate was he to get funding. Is that a common thing? I know everything is expensive from karting to F1, but surely this is TikTok thoughtleader-landlord levels of financial stupidity

"You just get one property, mortgage that and buy another property and then continue the chain. It will never go wrong, real estate only goes up up up"

The only other person I know did it was Justin Wilson and investors ended up roughly doubling their money on the deal.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

ethanol posted:

anybody notice that when I say im going to hit max in the head with a rock the admins come running but when there's a generational talent gangtag that needs application they're nowhere to be found

Russell is a mod confirmed.

Ie: mods are bad

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ok now more stuff is coming out that I didn't know, Ferrari wanted the Hamilton announcement to be timed to their quartely results announcement so that would boost their share price. And both LeClerc and Sainz knew about the move weeks beforehand especially LeClerc before he signed his contract extension. :psyduck:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I wonder if he called Mercedes and then waited for them to stop laughing before signing for Ferrari again.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Bono my tyres are gone.

We are checking

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
sainz must be kicking himself in the balls trying to strong arm ferrari when we always have known that elkman wanted hamilton in the team

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Feb 3, 2024

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Zeta Acosta posted:

sainz must be kicking himself in the balls trying to strong arm ferrari when we always have known that elkman wanted hamilton in the team
"All the other teams have their main stars locked in Sir, who can you get that's better than me? Verstappen? Hamilton?"
:shepface:

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
my dad is going to get me a contract for audi :)

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Zedd posted:

"All the other teams have their main stars locked in Sir, who can you get that's better than me? Verstappen? Hamilton?"
:shepface:

"We've got Hamilton"

"Stop inventing!"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Albon in a good car? Hell yes.
Carlos to Williams? Hell yes.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Albowns was right there

Escape_GOAT posted:

The bin hopefully

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ewe2 posted:

Ok now more stuff is coming out that I didn't know, Ferrari wanted the Hamilton announcement to be timed to their quartely results announcement so that would boost their share price. And both LeClerc and Sainz knew about the move weeks beforehand especially LeClerc before he signed his contract extension. :psyduck:

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is all the fault of the zeropod which was obviously the wrong design direction but mercedes was too proud to just copy redbull

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Remember when those testing photos came out from 2022 of the vortices being generated in the damp conditions and it looked like McLaren had nailed the floor design :smith:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bono to ferrari?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-bonnington-f1-future-hamilton-ferrari/10571996/

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

ewe2 posted:

Becoming a no. 2 driver is a small price to pay for your team finally getting sane race engineers.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Some rumours going around bono is ‘t the only merc engineer joining Hamilton. If true Merc is going to have even bigger problems…

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

ewe2 posted:

living in your head 24/7 rent-free

I'm assuming you've all heard that Lewis appears to have blindsided the Mercedes team with this announcement? That makes me wonder if Mercedes will limit the damage by insisting on gardening leave clauses in the contract (surely they were not stupid and didn't cover themselves) and make Lewis sit out the year. Because having Hamilton continuing to race for the team for a full year in this situation is just not..optimal. It'd be funny as hell, don't get me wrong, just really bad for Mercedes.

Everyone would hate Merc and they would still need to pay Lewis and his replacement for 2024. Seems like a bad idea to me.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

2025: Bono my tires are al dente :discourse:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tony quidprano posted:

2025: Bono my tires are al dente :discourse:

phwoar, we can only be so #blessed to receive these radio comms in our future :allears:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Why would Hamilton demand and get an escape option for 2025 but leave himself subject to forced "gardening leave"? That wouldn't make any sense.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

LochNessMonster posted:

To clubs so he can cheat on his wife full time instead of being distracted by all these races.

whoa! I had to google to find out what you were referencing. Never heard about that before. loving Checo, man.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Driver contracts don't have gardening leave clauses, that was a dumb post

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://apnews.com/article/andretti-cadillac-f1-spam-folder-expansion-rejected-9083bf277f58f87e116d11d33db1ca05

Lol, F1 continues to be a clown show of an organization.

The fact I have more of a professional responsibility as a therapist to call and send physical mail to a client who doesn't respond than the pinnacle of motorsport is just perfect

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
sounds more like professional racing outfit andretti-cadillac mcdonalds presented by intuit turbotax doesn't know how to set up their email.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://apnews.com/article/andretti-cadillac-f1-spam-folder-expansion-rejected-9083bf277f58f87e116d11d33db1ca05

Lol, F1 continues to be a clown show of an organization.

The fact I have more of a professional responsibility as a therapist to call and send physical mail to a client who doesn't respond than the pinnacle of motorsport is just perfect

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

POCKET CHOMP posted:

sounds more like professional racing outfit andretti-cadillac mcdonalds presented by intuit turbotax doesn't know how to set up their email.

Speaking as a project manager, the only time I would send a meeting invite for a zoom discussion and not follow up with a phone call if no one accepted is if I didn't really want the meeting in the first place.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
right, we already know F1 doesn't want andretti. just lol that they're :qq:ing about missing an email.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Michael did you get my email

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The American quota is filled

All the more reason to let Sargeant go, and that Sergeant is spelt wrong.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

daslog posted:

Speaking as a project manager, the only time I would send a meeting invite for a zoom discussion and not follow up with a phone call if no one accepted is if I didn't really want the meeting in the first place.

It’s this.

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.
And FOM stating that they were “extending an invitation to an in-person meeting at our offices in order for the applicant to present its application, but the applicant did not take us up on this offer” is a disingenuous way to write “we sent them an email and never heard back.”

FOM clearly didn’t go out of their way to have an honest discussion with Andretti; they knew they were going to reject them anyway, and were just looking for more reasons to justify that beyond the obvious financial one.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dear Michael, I wrote you but you still ain't callin

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tetraptous posted:

And FOM stating that they were “extending an invitation to an in-person meeting at our offices in order for the applicant to present its application, but the applicant did not take us up on this offer” is a disingenuous way to write “we sent them an email and never heard back.”

FOM clearly didn’t go out of their way to have an honest discussion with Andretti; they knew they were going to reject them anyway, and were just looking for more reasons to justify that beyond the obvious financial one.

Hey intern, before you hit send...slap in a few dick pics, some tracking cookies and well...eff it, do the EICAR test string as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvVXypnRoFI