Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Himars on a barge? :stare:

Hibarge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Disco Pope posted:

Currently dead people, or people with appointments at the 30th floor Spicy Tea Cafe?

Im sure sending these dead people not to ukraine will result in a winning result and many cranes this time of year. 5dchess game set match perfidious west signed shortnamenumber.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Dead as fuckimov.

:five:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

zone posted:

Vatniks are whining and seething about today's disastrous attack in Novomykhailivka. And as before, nothing will change and they'll continue to take heavy losses in banzai charges.

I am absolutely stealing "sitting with gravy in their pants".

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

At this point, WP and a lot of other publications better hope so, or they'll have to take a hard look at who they consider reliable sources.

Even if it turns out to be true, I find it weird that it has been almost exclusively British and American publications pushing this story.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Sorry I went back like 10 pages but got some questions (I haven't popped in in awhile) -

1) What's up with Ukraine funding? I saw the EU stepped in, my understanding is the US Ukraine funding died with the border bill.

2) How's the war going overall besides fun POV kamkikaze drones hitting?

3) Did we work around congress obstruction? I see tidbits about it in the thread but nothing definitive.

Net articles suck.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Moktaro posted:

I am absolutely stealing "sitting with gravy in their pants".

Too late, Putin has the patent

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

vaginite posted:

Sorry I went back like 10 pages but got some questions (I haven't popped in in awhile) -

1) What's up with Ukraine funding? I saw the EU stepped in, my understanding is the US Ukraine funding died with the border bill.

3) Did we work around congress obstruction? I see tidbits about it in the thread but nothing definitive.

Net articles suck.

There was some chatter about moving Ukraine bills separately now that the border package is dead. No idea if that'll work, but if the GOP gets funding for Israel they might tolerate funding for Ukraine.

Biden's been working around Congress by shuffling new weapons to allies, who in turn hand over their older stocks to Ukraine.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

A quote:

"Fat gently caress goblin get turned to mush and we all smile. Back to morder with his black soul"

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

vaginite posted:

Net articles suck.

Well for #2 Russia is very (very) slowly closing in on Avdiivka, a city formerly of 30,000 that is surrounded on three sides.
Pres Z wants to defend it, the Ukraine top military guy wanted to give it up and regroup so he probably was let go we're not sure yet.
No side can really do anything more than moving a border by 0.01% a month without clear air superiority, or one side collapsing/running out of men and stuff :shrug:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

sauer kraut posted:

Well for #2 Russia is very (very) slowly closing in on Avdiivka, a city formerly of 30,000 that is surrounded on three sides.
Pres Z wants to defend it, the Ukraine top military guy wanted to give it up and regroup so he probably was let go we're not sure yet.
No side can really do anything more than moving a border by 0.01% a month without clear air superiority, or one side collapsing/running out of men and stuff :shrug:

What's the F16 status?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
one side collapsing doesn't look super likely any time soon, for what that's worth. russia is showing more signs of general war fatigue than ukraine in that we've gotten a number of credible reports about protests against the war decently away from the front, but between the relatively small scale and the very high level of central control in russia, nobody expects that to turn into a general anti-war groundswell any time soon.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Coolguye posted:

one side collapsing doesn't look super likely any time soon, for what that's worth. russia is showing more signs of general war fatigue than ukraine in that we've gotten a number of credible reports about protests against the war decently away from the front, but between the relatively small scale and the very high level of central control in russia, nobody expects that to turn into a general anti-war groundswell any time soon.

There's been a couple large for Russia protests about the war and overall Putin is unhappy with the wives of dead soldiers constantly doing things like talking about their dead husbands.

The prigohzin rebellion was the opening salvo in what could become a serious problem for the Putin regime over the course of this year and next. Winter is brutal in Russia and it has been slightly worse this year due to fuel shortages and mismanagement of allocations. Who knows what happens next year if things continue and key infrastructure continues to lose its ability to service energy goods. Or other goods for that matter.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

The 50 billion Euro fron the EU is not military aid, if the US doesn't get its poo poo together, Ukraine will continue to experience shortages in ammunition and equipment. In theory, Russia holds big advantages in manpower and materiel. In practice, they've been unable to convert those advantages into tangible results.

Maybe they'll get to plant a flag on the ruins of Avdiivka after losing mindboggling amount of men and equipment there.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1753703584196182107?s=20
We didn't need our largest oil refinery anyway! :troll:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

We've increased the speed of converting oil into various products tenfold!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1753475370320359571#m

:qqsay:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dear bank, sorry, we sank all our savings into monthly bread loans, hugs and kisses XOXO

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So glad to see Russia transitioning away from fossil fuels. One refinery at a time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Frustrated by this shortfall, Prague is pushing EU countries to finance the purchase of what it estimates are 450,000 rounds of artillery available outside the bloc, four diplomats and a person familiar with the talks told POLITICO.

When the EU was calibrating its military aid commitments in early 2023, France — the bloc’s defense industry leader — had been pushing to make sure that subsidies were focused only on local production, rather than being funnelled abroad.

But the Czech call raises the prospect that Europe would turn instead to arms companies in South Korea, Turkey and South Africa. The EU’s top diplomat Josep Borrell specifically mentioned that Korea — a major weapons producer — could be tapped for extra shells, according to the official.
https://www.politico.eu/article/czech-republic-artillery-weapons-ukraine-european-union/

Wait it was an option all along and we haven't been doing it :negative:

I actually agree with Macron there that it was important to boost EU capacity but that shouldn't be instead of maximizing supplies from all possible sources. Nobody ever said they have too many artiller shells to fire at russians.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah Macron decided on protectionism early on and we're still benefiting from that...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1753745826625527905#m

We didn't need good communications during wartime anyway :dumb:

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Dodn't Russia bomb cell phone towers early on before deploying their cool coms system, that needs a functional gsm infrastructure?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I don't think so? their cool coms system didn't work for poo poo however so in the early days they had to resort to using phones... on the Ukrainian networks... meaning the Ukrainians could listen in on everything.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

bunnyofdoom posted:

Gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the war thread

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1753772052928983333#m
:DDD

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Let's Make Finland Great Again
By returning historical Finnish lands

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3822303-tu95-commander-involved-in-raids-against-ukraine-shot-in-russia-intel.html

Oh no. Anyway.

Armenia in NATO now!
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/armenia-can-no-longer-rely-russia-military-defence-needs-pm-pashinyan-says-2024-02-02/

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Hahaha oh boy if you thought Erdogan was an unreasonable dick over Sweden joining NATO you ain't seen nothing yet if the prospect is Armenia's membership

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Doesn’t he consider Armenia basically a rogue breakaway like China considers Taiwan

Or how Russia considers Ukraine

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1753773683536007567#m
Not a whole lot left of that command post.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Doesn’t he consider Armenia basically a rogue breakaway like China considers Taiwan

Or how Russia considers Ukraine

As I understand it, Turkeys attitude towards Armenia is about 25% "we will never forgive you for what we've done to you," 25% favoring the Azerbaijani in their feud against Armenia, and 50% pure, heartless realpolitik.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
erdogan is the hardest-core realpolitik peep in world affairs in at least the last 20 years. it didn't do poo poo for turkey because he hosed up once on monetary policy, lol

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

zone posted:

Not a whole lot left of that command post.

That may also have been an important air defense radar site. Ukraine has opened a lot of holes in that network recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9yhh5uoJ6g

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
Abandoonments mooning

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

Abandoonments mooning

Why does it go down at one point?

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

poor waif posted:

Why does it go down at one point?

duplicates revised out

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Where's Gerasimov

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

named for because of the sound a cold refreshing can or bottle of coca cola makes

Ikasuhito posted:

Another chestnut from an old friend.

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1753091076636733943

"I'm not mad, bro. Please don't tell everyone that I'm mad."

he's right about zero impact on the war

sailor on sinking russian ship: "am I joke to you?"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

shadow puppet of a posted:

Notably the Mig-34 ambulance and T-72 ambulance models.

are they not full of casualties?
Bob Hoskins nooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

There were over four hundred Ukrainian POWs in that Russian command post.