Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Leukemia will finish the story before Cody

:goofy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

when that cspam rapist guy said liking the rock was the same as liking ISIS, i didn't understand... but now that he's politicked into the mania main event, i'm starting to come around

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
666 ... the number of the beast

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
this is all tonys fault

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

all cody had to do was turn heel in aew

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

all cody had to do was turn heel in aew

turning heel would have hurt his character

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Miching Mallecho posted:

:lol:

It's still hilarious that photoshops made a year ago are still relevant to Cody :lmao:

It's fun reading page one of this massive thread and it's pretty much all interchangeable with posts we were making yesterday.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somehow this is all going to end with Mutoh wandering down the ramp and pinning Kiyomiya again

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol if they didn't expect any backlash from this

Cody is their biggest face and they didn't learn the lesson from last year that your biggest face should go over at Mania

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Codependent Poster posted:

Cody is their biggest face and they didn't learn the lesson from last year that your biggest face should go over at Mania

the rock wants his wrestlemania moment

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they did. nobody cares about vince for at least a couple days

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wwe fans are spineless sex trafficking enjoying worms. they’ll be fine

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Actually they obviously learned the lesson because Cody was the biggest face until The Rock became available a few weeks ago and now he's the biggest face. It makes prefect sense

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

unfortunate

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A triple threat would be in everyone’s best interests tbh. Cody wins the belt. Rock eats the pin to prevent Reigns from doing a job. A third guy keeps Rock from spending the entire match being blown up. He can pop in for spots and otherwise just take it easy.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
But Roman can break hogan's 1400+ day record in September...so...you now, I think the big dawg goes over in any scenario.

Brother.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I can't imagine how much a giant stadium in Philadelphia is going to boo the hell out of both Roman and the Rock. Especially since it's the exact same city that Royal Rumble 2015 took place.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

yea ok posted:

they did. nobody cares about vince for at least a couple days

Yeah, people who are thinking this isn't exactly what WWE wanted to happen (i.e., some distraction from Vince's crimes for a while) are wildly missing the point

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seth has a "world title" and is somehow a bigger geek than ever

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

now that’s paper

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given I think most of the crowd that turned on Rumble 2015 have probably left WWE for AEW or other Feds I don't think we get the Mania crowd turning on the match even if it ends up awful/Rock ends up hurt

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If you absolutely have to have Rock vs Roman as the Mania main event do an injury angle for Cody. Have Solo and Jimmy fake break his ankle with a chair, so it's uncertain if he can compete. He can miraculously heal in time for some other match. Anything other than "hello I'm the biggest chump in history, here mr. johnson please have my match that my entire character is based around."

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

its philly, theyre not rowdy because theyre principled, theyre rowdy because theyre drunk and its fun. and theyre right

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

"The Rock gave me one million dollars of his own money to defer my match till Summerslam" I don't know ANYTHING other than this it's so bad lmao.

loose goose
Oct 29, 2012

once i possess what i desire the millenium rod will mean absolutely nothing to me

Havoc904 posted:

I can't imagine how much a giant stadium in Philadelphia is going to boo the hell out of both Roman and the Rock. Especially since it's the exact same city that Royal Rumble 2015 took place.

It may be in Philly but it won't be a Philly crowd.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

“I got paid off.” That’s their storyline justification?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

chanting lets go cena rn

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/CodyRhodes/status/977349057113919489?s=20

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

he's right

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

“I got paid off.” That’s their storyline justification?

No, Hellblazer's saying that would suck but be better that what they did do which is try and make it into some power move from Cody choosing not to fight Roman after Roman said all the quiet parts out loud about Seth's belt being the runner up prize.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
what everyone in wrestling wants... a younger man losing to a geriatric old man who cant walk

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Never seen any of the Tana v. Okada or Omega v. Okada matches, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
cody’s story is just in the third inning.