Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Dude looks like he's singing Ave Maria but somehow made it super racist

(cool new page post, me.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Data Graham posted:

Man, when Trump is gone it will be like the political landscape has had two legs and an arm amputated.

Like, what will people even talk about?

Hopefully not politics. I think politics being boring is good and I hope someday in the future we can go back to boring politics where people actually look at complex issues and their solutions instead of the breathless red-face screeching we have now.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
As someone who has issues with unprompted body horror, ublock has been a lifesaver. I don’t know how old people can use the internet knowing they get to see stuff like this all the time.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Maybe that's how they got brainworms, some how shady advertisers found a way to cross the chud-brain barrier.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Double check the instruments, it seems we've made a wrong turn and crossed the bowel barrier

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Harald posted:

Someone equally reprehensible will come along to replace him, imho.

I think Trump is this weird amalgamation of all the worst things in America - racism, celebrity worship, pro-business bullshit, grifting/fraud, unbridled narcissism, baby boomer poo poo, and (only after getting elected in 2016) religious fundamentalism - that will be impossible to replicate. Like, the closest thing we have to another Trump is Elon, and thank god he was not born American.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I think Trump is this weird amalgamation of all the worst things in America - racism, celebrity worship, pro-business bullshit, grifting/fraud, unbridled narcissism, baby boomer poo poo, and (only after getting elected in 2016) religious fundamentalism - that will be impossible to replicate. Like, the closest thing we have to another Trump is Elon, and thank god he was not born American.

Elon would get elbow deep into a bin full of LSD and pontificate about how he thinks unicorns and white dwarf stars are actually the same thing somehow before he could put in a serious effort to become president. Trump feels way more dangerous because he will burn his money, those around him, his reputation, himself as long as it gets him as much attention as possible.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Like, the closest thing we have to another Trump is Elon, and thank god he was not born American.

I mean lets be honest, if Elon's eligibility to be president came before the current SCOTUS trash heap, there would absolutely be a hysterical dissenting opinion from Alito and Thomas.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Elon is such a lovely public speaker with negative charisma he would just flop hilariously trying to replicate el Trumpe's rallies

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon's name comes up a lot in these hypotheticals, but, like it or not, Trump has charisma. Elon is a charisma black hole.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Trump rose by just saying all the quiet parts out loud. Elon certainly believes all those things but he would just stand in front of a crowd and be like “We….uh…there’s a fundamental need to…..to increase our uh…space, to have the resources at magnitudes of order…uh, larger”.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

priznat posted:

Elon is such a lovely public speaker with negative charisma he would just flop hilariously trying to replicate el Trumpe's rallies

Whenever he tries to do a trump it fails so bad. When he was like "go gently caress yourself" to advertisers you could tell he thought he was going to get a standing ovation but it was just crickets in the audience.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

cr0y posted:

I'm good

jokes on yall im on ivermectin

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

I just realized the Actual Names account that looks up old funny name records nonstop posts names of likely Trump associates. Edgar Swell Blowers, Nathan Bare Weiner, Sis Whackoff, Private Moses Jackoff, Harry Klitt, Harry Pooplet, Katherine Crapps Greene, etc. Pretty sure every one of those people worked for Don alongside Tony Tortellini and Craig Calamari.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah, he is a perfect avatar of all that was both ubiquitous and wrong with Gen X and the Boomers. Looking to replace him with another version of him is a fool's errand because his direct analogs are all dying off, just like him. What you need to do is start looking for the person who's the most emblematic of all the worst qualities Millennials and Zoomers embody and that will be your Next Generation Trump.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Chocobo posted:

jokes on yall im on ivermectin

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

What you need to do is start looking for the person who's the most emblematic of all the worst qualities Millennials and Zoomers embody and that will be your Next Generation Trump.

someone who eats avocado tide pods

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Yeah, once Trump is gone there will be others that will try to take his place but none of them will stick. The election of Donald Trump was such a perfect storm that's impossible to replicate, and any attempts at replicating it artificially will be seen as fake by his supporters, or they'll splinter to such an extent no one will be able to get close to his popularity.

We might see another Trump decades from now, but who knows what that would even look like.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Catastrophe posted:

Look, he may not be absolutely perfect but the guy is pretty funny. Sporting shorts and a "tux" hoodie for a congressional dinner.

pages back but... nope.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, he is a perfect avatar of all that was both ubiquitous and wrong with Gen X and the Boomers. Looking to replace him with another version of him is a fool's errand because his direct analogs are all dying off, just like him. What you need to do is start looking for the person who's the most emblematic of all the worst qualities Millennials and Zoomers embody and that will be your Next Generation Trump.

As predicted in Revelations, it will be Mr. Beast.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
If Elon could run for president the main worry I’d have is that he’d be able to straight up buy his way to victory, and even then idk how likely that is. He doesn’t have the savvy business man mythos behind him like trump did and lord knows he can’t lay down instantly attention grabbing bullshit like Don can. The boomers would look at him and think he’s a dumb millennial with a stupid voice. Instant loser with the voting public.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i have it on good authority that fetterman is a "cuck"

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:haibrower:

I was going to post the same thing

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Oh yeah that dude is definitely the anti christ

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

dems need to start fielding their own batch of celebrity turned politicians to counter this inevitable outcome

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Eh, I would hope that Trump is an aberration but I'm not convinced. You look at where Trump came from and it's freaking Roy Cohn and McCarthyism. American politics has been a toxic mess previously and I'm not counting on that just going away.

Also yes, Elon is obviously the Antichrist. He has Mr. Beast and he also has the blue check marks i.e the mark of the beast.

Harald fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 3, 2024

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
no celebrity with any sense would trade their present life for being president. even trump didn't, he wanted to start a tv network

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Democrats love handsome, gray-haired men of a certain age with weird hobbies and troubled sons, and that's why our next President is going to be Thomas Hanks.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

emSparkly posted:

If Elon could run for president the main worry I’d have is that he’d be able to straight up buy his way to victory, and even then idk how likely that is. He doesn’t have the savvy business man mythos behind him like trump did and lord knows he can’t lay down instantly attention grabbing bullshit like Don can. The boomers would look at him and think he’s a dumb millennial with a stupid voice. Instant loser with the voting public.

Yeah, it worked so well for Bloomberg.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Democrats love handsome, gray-haired men of a certain age with weird hobbies and troubled sons, and that's why our next President is going to be Thomas Hanks.

No t.hanks

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

HKR posted:

dems need to start fielding their own batch of celebrity turned politicians to counter this inevitable outcome

We tried with Ashley Judd, it doesn't work.

Meanwhile, Republicans have Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Donald Trump.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

100% fine by me give me that Tom Hanks presidency.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

kazil posted:

someone who eats avocado tide pods

Someone who CAN even

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tom Hanks produced a propaganda video for the government covering up the imprisonment and attempted destruction of an entire US city, Springfield

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

We tried with Ashley Judd, it doesn't work.

Meanwhile, Republicans have Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Donald Trump.

Don't forget Al Franken and Fred Thompson respectively

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
it's almost like sane people don't want to go into politics

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

Don't forget Al Franken and Fred Thompson respectively

Al Franken… the most successful celebrity-turned-Democratic-politician :chloe:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mobby_6kl posted:

Well well well, if these aren't the consequences of our own actions

i am guessing some higherup money ghoul screamed at a bunch of people on a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
So we’ve gone from fake news to alternative facts to morons wearing shirts about facts not caring about your feelings.

Only those facts are still incredibly stupid.

It has to be so exhausting for these folks.