Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

fly molo got busted because he couldn't stop talking about unfair moderation lol

Truely the only real crime on this website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Today I'm having fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

speng31b
May 8, 2010

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

selec
Sep 6, 2003

me too https://youtu.be/LvjmD6u7S8c?si=8vuA2mAsqNmWiHvN

selec
Sep 6, 2003

srsly though i love this song like my favorite intrusive thoughts.

1. ladysmith black mambazo flip lol u crazy
2. JEEPERS CREEPERS
3. "Me and My Mama Son Mookie Carry Four Fives And We Don't Take No Dookie"
4. cannoooooooon
5. lookin' like i done paid my tithe for the year

selec has issued a correction as of 16:25 on Feb 3, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

lumpentroll posted:

hamas ftw posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Starting a sad thread to have this probe rescinded. They were just trying to identify themselves. Nothing unpeaceful about that.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

yeah i knew exactly who they were after they posted that

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

yeah i knew exactly who they were after they posted that

you reported him to fluffdaddy

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

speng31b posted:

you reported him to fluffdaddy

pmed croup about it so he could earn some time off his sentence

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

pmed croup about it so he could earn some time off his sentence

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I do not use ChatGPT to write posts. That’s as obscene an accusation as antisemitism.

My workflow is fairly simple,

I keep notes open, so I can dictate or type into a running doccument

and I use references from pdfs on my icloud

Because I’m on my phone, I can’t see if the formatting is weird when using block quotations because some pdfs do not account for different column widths, and indeed the column widths as I see them on an iPhone are far more condensed than what PC users see. Other pdfs do not merge broken words that the editor of the book, either scanned or deliberately published as a pdf, has employed hyphenation for. This is frustrating as you should never do hyphenation manually, obviously, but you have to undo hyphenation manually on iPhone.

So, for smaller quotes I’ll go through myself but for very long ones, or pdfs that are particularly hosed up when highlighted and copied from iPhone into notes, say there’s no spacing between words for pages and pages, I will occasionally use ChatGPT to correct the formatting before double checking it myself. The same goes for other really weird text encoding issues, mostly with text written in foreign languages where the characters - I’m thinking of ß - aren’t recognized correctly. Scans of very old books where ſ is used take forever to clean up. There is also one academic publisher that encodes pdfs in a Caesar cypher, you can imagine what that’s like.

My posts on ChatGPT specifically said it was unusable for what I write, that I’ve tinkered with it and never gotten the results I wanted, other than amusing myself with pastiche, that its academic writing was poor, and that the best result I have gotten out of it was outlines of provided text - which I might skim, but as you can see in my use of long form quotes and paraphrase written in my own voice (or rather spoken when dictated), make no mistake about authorship.

Finally,

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Feb 3, 2024

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
thanks ff

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i always appreciate a peak into someone's process

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Al! posted:

i always appreciate a peak into someone's process

same, would love a big heist-planning style process film about almost anything. one about posting would be funny.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Frosted Flake posted:

I do not use ChatGPT to write posts. That’s as obscene an accusation as antisemitism.

My workflow is fairly simple,

I keep notes open, so I can dictate or type into a running doccument

and I use references from pdfs on my icloud

Because I’m on my phone, I can’t see if the formatting is weird when using block quotations because some pdfs do not account for different column widths, and indeed the column widths as I see them on an iPhone are far more condensed than what PC users see. Other pdfs do not merge broken words that the editor of the book, either scanned or deliberately published as a pdf, has employed hyphenation for. This is frustrating as you should never do hyphenation manually, obviously, but you have to undo hyphenation manually on iPhone.

So, for smaller quotes I’ll go through myself but for very long ones, or pdfs that are particularly hosed up when highlighted and copied from iPhone into notes, say there’s no spacing between words for pages and pages, I will occasionally use ChatGPT to correct the formatting before double checking it myself. The same goes for other really weird text encoding issues, mostly with text written in foreign languages where the characters - I’m thinking of ß - aren’t recognized correctly. Scans of very old books where ſ is used take forever to clean up. There is also one academic publisher that encodes pdfs in a Caesar cypher, you can imagine what that’s like.

My posts on ChatGPT specifically said it was unusable for what I write, that I’ve tinkered with it and never gotten the results I wanted, other than amusing myself with pastiche, that its academic writing was poor, and that the best result I have gotten out of it was outlines of provided text - which I might skim, but as you can see in my use of long form quotes and paraphrase written in my own voice (or rather spoken when dictated), make no mistake about authorship.

Finally,

i think all people remember is that post you made saying chatgpt is perfect for writings stupid application copy or something? dummies

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

selec posted:

same, would love a big heist-planning style process film about almost anything. one about posting would be funny.

no it wouldn’t

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

lumpentroll posted:

no it wouldn’t

It would be funny to sit in on the worst movie pitch ever, just so long as it isn't from anyone who needs to be humored

selec
Sep 6, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

no it wouldn’t

no i gotta disagree, i think if you did it right it would be very funny.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

no it wouldn’t

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cuttlefush posted:

i think all people remember is that post you made saying chatgpt is perfect for writings stupid application copy or something? dummies

That must be it.

Anyway, glad a regional war could be averted by the probe only lasting 3 days. I'm really not thrilled that "Keep your antisemitic thought experiments out of here. User loses posting privileges for 3 days." has still not been corrected. That's the much bigger problem imo.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

That must be it.

Anyway, glad a regional war could be averted by the probe only lasting 3 days. I'm really not thrilled that "Keep your antisemitic thought experiments out of here. User loses posting privileges for 3 days." has still not been corrected. That's the much bigger problem imo.

Destroy them with your posts

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

That must be it.

We put in a request with the admins to change the probe reason.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

give the probe reason to me. it shouldn't be erased.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Vox Nihili posted:

We put in a request with the admins to change the probe reason.

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
dumb bitch

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
🖕

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
theyre waiting for the results of his 23 and me to come back

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Al! posted:

theyre waiting for the results of his 23 and me to come back

I can understand why someone wouldn't want that poo poo on their rapsheet but IMHO its kinda irrelevant if the probe reason is removed or not. He'll still have the "guy from politics forum I probed once" debuff

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
thread smells like bitch

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

thread smells like bitch

Because you're posting in it!!!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ohtori Akio posted:

thread smells like bitch

Baby Powder
Incense
Top shelf zaza
Coffee
Hella big whiff of fresh lilacs

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

selec posted:

Baby Powder
Incense
Top shelf zaza
Coffee
Hella big whiff of fresh lilacs

lol for some reason

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
wb ff

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

goop

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Ohtori Akio posted:

thread smells like bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lpzie posted:

give the probe reason to me. it shouldn't be erased.

Request granted.