Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

SiLk SoNg?!!?!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat a couple more comedy geniuses wanna quote that regard’s post?? New page might be a good idea

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

pooch516 posted:

SiLk SoNg?!!?!!

Switch 2: Elecswitch Boogaloo!!!!!!!!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

Princess Peach owns.

Even though Daisy is better.

i rewatched the OG Mario Bros movie recently and it whipped as usual and yah Daisy rocks.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I guess we could get a direct next week though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

American McGay posted:

drat a couple more comedy geniuses wanna quote that regard’s post?? New page might be a good idea

Sure I'll do it

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

:imunfunny:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Iirc someone pulled the same prank last year and an actual direct was announced like 2 days later

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's not really a prank it's just low effort. There have been ones that didn't explicitly have the date in the tweet unless you liked at the day it was posted which were a lot funnier, and there's never been a direct on Saturday, and you should at least post it on the same calendar date of the original tweet

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Spacebump posted:

Tragic, especially considering that was a step down from DK 94.

Nintendo just needs to remake DK 94 in HD or make an actual sequel to the game.

Eh, they're different genres. MvsDK is a puzzle game in the end, and I remember having to be very efficient in the GBA version to get 3 stars on the levels.

Still willing to hear opinions on Eastward since I saw the bundle with DLC is at 20€ but I heard love it or hate it opinions about it.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Eastward would be a good game if it let you play it.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

BigDumper posted:

Iirc someone pulled the same prank last year and an actual direct was announced like 2 days later

Yeah, that actually did happen. I remember it too.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I remember Nintendo

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

hatty posted:

I remember Nintendo

thank you

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Does the Switch FFIX include options for turning off / trivializing combat and maybe fast forward?

That was one of my wife's favorites and she may want to revisit it but not if forced to fully engage mechanically. Expectations around player free time have come a long way since then.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hammer Bro. posted:

Does the Switch FFIX include options for turning off / trivializing combat and maybe fast forward?

That was one of my wife's favorites and she may want to revisit it but not if forced to fully engage mechanically. Expectations around player free time have come a long way since then.
I believe so. I played through FF7 on Switch and it had those options. I think 7, 8 and 9 all do on Switch.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

poo poo I couldn't figure out why everyone was mad because I forgot what year it is

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

wasn't square remaking ffix per that leaked document that's been pretty accurate from around a year ago?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
wait so am I supposed to mindlessly emptyquote the tweet or the emoticon

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hammer Bro. posted:

Yes it does and I highly recommend it. Even with x3 battle speed the fights are loving slow. 7 and 8 move at a nice clip but 9 just drags. You can never turn off combat, from what I recall, but you sure as hell can speed through it. It's a real problem given how it attaches skill acquisition to equipment usage in fights, but whatever.

It's well worth it though, the game is genuinely very interesting and has some great writing and music.

I think 7 has the best gameplay and plot, 8 has the best music and ambition, but 9 is the best overall product with what I'd consider the best character writing. I'm only talking about PS1 FF's btw. I otherwise am a sucker for 6 due to having the best cast and villain and frankly 10 is without a doubt the best gameplay I've played in the series, given I've only gotten up to 10.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

anyone seen a physical cart for 9 in the wild hmu

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Speaking of final fantasy, the pixel remaster is on sale for 20% off

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

kecske posted:

i got mine off ebay. i think the physical version only came out in japan?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Speaking of final fantasy, the pixel remaster is on sale for 20% off

Ooh that's tempting. Just to have them. Still if it's on sale now it'll go on sale again, maybe deeper in the future and I've got things to do in the meantime, but I really want to have as many of them as I can on this one console. That'd be brilliant.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

kecske posted:

This should help

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

choose wisely

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Nintendo

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yes it does and I highly recommend it. Even with x3 battle speed the fights are loving slow. 7 and 8 move at a nice clip but 9 just drags. You can never turn off combat, from what I recall, but you sure as hell can speed through it. It's a real problem given how it attaches skill acquisition to equipment usage in fights, but whatever.

It's well worth it though, the game is genuinely very interesting and has some great writing and music.

I think 7 has the best gameplay and plot, 8 has the best music and ambition, but 9 is the best overall product with what I'd consider the best character writing. I'm only talking about PS1 FF's btw. I otherwise am a sucker for 6 due to having the best cast and villain and frankly 10 is without a doubt the best gameplay I've played in the series, given I've only gotten up to 10.

you should play the next game in the series, X-2, which is both excellent and available on the Nintendo Switch!

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Popoto posted:

Eastward would be a good game if it let you play it.

100%

I want to play the cool looking Not-Mother 3.
Let me plaaaayyyyyy ittttttttttt.

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 3, 2024

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
no, you're gonna watch this 15 mins pixel cinematic and click through speech bubbles for another 15 mins and you're gonna like it

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Hammer Bro. posted:

There is a superspeed toggle which helps a lot with combat. You can enable combat assist which keeps HP/MP topped up, but it also enables Trance Mode for all characters so you have to watch them all do a powerup animation at the start of every fight (which gets old fast). You can avoid using this cheat and instead opt for 9999 mode, which makes all attacks do 9999 damage so you'll one-hit everything except mandatory loss fights, of which there are a couple. There is also a Safe Travel cheat, which disables random encounters.

There are also one-time cheats that alter your save, and you can use these to instamax level your characters and obtain maximum gil immediately, but there's no reversing the effect once you turn them on.

So you can trivialize most of the game, but unfortunately there is no cheat for being just loving lost with no direction, which is an unavoidable part of the game design. You'll likely want to consult a walkthrough at times, even with the above cheats.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fun Times! posted:

So you can trivialize most of the game, but unfortunately there is no cheat for being just loving lost with no direction, which is an unavoidable part of the game design. You'll likely want to consult a walkthrough at times, even with the above cheats.

Yeah, some of the optional poo poo is ludicrous to find. Back in the day, without any strategy guide available and the internet still being a toddler, I made my way the normal way through the game and nowadays I'm well aware I missed like 69% of everything outside the main story. :v:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Libluini posted:

Yeah, some of the optional poo poo is ludicrous to find. Back in the day, without any strategy guide available and the internet still being a toddler, I made my way the normal way through the game and nowadays I'm well aware I missed like 69% of everything outside the main story. :v:

FFXII is the loving worst about that. open a random chest in the first 3 hours of the game? NO YOU DIPSHIT, now you'll miss out on one of the endgame items

e; fixed cause i'm dumb

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 3, 2024

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Fun Times! posted:

I had that stupid guide that told you to just look stuff up online so I never finished the game when it came out, and every time I revisit it the first 2-3 hours are such a slog that I get impatient and do something else. I would really like to complete it some day maybe.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

you should play the next game in the series, X-2, which is both excellent and available on the Nintendo Switch!

I know! I have it and will play it. I started it and got through the intro area. It looks good. I need to break my desire to100% it before trying it. Will likely do it late this year but more likely next year.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Large Testicles posted:

FFXI is the loving worst about that. open a random chest in the first 3 hours of the game? NO YOU DIPSHIT, now you'll miss out on one of the endgame items

Do you mean XII instead of XI?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Popoto posted:

Do you mean XII instead of XI?

yeah, brain fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Got blasphemous 2 on the current sale, it rules