Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Some of the post game sigils are really cool. I'm glad they got a little creative about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just beat Ice Island and really liking this game. It's a beginners action rpg but with a bit more teeth and a slight more going on mechanically than like similar games that are full musou style. Digging Rackam and Vane so far, pretty simple characters but they're hitting for me. Boss fights have been a real treat so far and hoping game can keep up the momentum.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://steamcommunity.com/games/881020/announcements/detail/4040360366589289687
Ver 1.0.4 Update Information
The ver. 1.0.4 update applies various changes listed below. Players who have purchased the disc version are strongly encouraged to download and install this latest update.

Changes from Ver. 1.0.3:
・[Battles] Fixed a bug where pressing the guard button in succession made it easier to trigger a perfect guard.
・[Quests] Fixed a rare bug where rewards weren't given when unlocking new quest difficulties.
・[Side Quests] Fixed a bug where rewards weren't given when playing on Ultimate difficulty.
・[Online] Fixed certain issues with matchmaking.
・[System] Introduced measures to mitigate bugs that are preventing the Steam version of the game from running properly. We are continuing to work diligently to address and fix the cause of these bugs.
・[Misc.] Various bug fixes.

About Missing Rewards:
As mentioned above in the changes from ver. 1.0.3, players who were unable to get their rewards for unlocking new quest difficulties or clearing certain side quests may now collect them from Siero's Knickknack Shack. The affected rewards are as follows:

・Crewmate Card from unlocking new quest difficulties
・Reward items (excludes EXP, MSP, and rupies) for completing the side quest Save the Crustaceans
・Reward items (excludes EXP, MSP, and rupies) for completing the side quest Save the Crustaceans Rises
・Reward items (excludes EXP, MSP, and rupies) for completing the side quest Save the Crustaceans Finale
・Reward items (excludes EXP, MSP, and rupies) for completing the side quest A Lingering Regret
・Reward items (excludes EXP, MSP, and rupies) for completing the side quest Out of Serpentine Spite

Thank you for playing Granblue Fantasy: Relink!

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
If you havent already i highly rec turning off the camera adjust for terrain. it feels extremely aggressive for no reason

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Well that was annoying. Went into the Chapter 4 boss fight at level 11. Got him down to the last 10% or so of health but couldn't finish the job before being defeated. Not sure if I was supposed to be doing the whole thing solo or if I missed my chance to form a party somewhere. It was restricted in town.

Done for the night, but I'll go back tomorrow and level up some I guess. Probably have to do the whole long mission again. Bleh. I ran the first couple of online missions that open up though and those were fun.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
It let's you form a party right after you talk to all of your crew in town after chapter 3 so you were just doing really well solo

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I think the game itself is fine and fun but I gotta say this is a lot shorter of a game than I anticipated.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a lot of the content is in the post-game

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The would definitely benefit from a story expansion like Iceborne / Sunbreak.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

ultrachrist posted:

Cool thanks. So it seems like it’s fine using whatever until you unlock them since hp vs weak spot or w/e isn’t going to make or break anything and these ascension ones are clearly better.
Because Collection masteries are applied to your character, and not only active when you have that specific weapon equipped, you're going to want to level all 6 weapons to 150 anyway. There's no real way to "waste" resource spending on whomever you want to level.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Finished unlocking all characters at just under 24 hours played, if anyone is curious. Skipped most of the story cutscenes and dialog, went through entire story on Hard difficulty. Have spent a lot of time dropping into Quick Quests post game. I think most of the Crew Cards were first time quest board rewards.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I’m having an issue on pc that I don’t really notice with other pc games and that’s the game looks like everything is too small, like it was designed to be viewed on a giant tv. I think that it might be because the UI is massive and there’s a lot of stuff on screen I wish I could turn off (the always on screen control tips for example) and it just kinda frames everything into a little area.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Got this coin/slime farming quest for the first time in Quick Quest. It sucked solo but was easy with four people. You run around the desert collecting coins, this spawns King Silverslimes at the middle of the map, and those mobs drop a lot of gold.

e: Just had a great fight against a level 90 dragon. When the team shield is good it's REALLY good. Who else gets this besides Vane? Charlotta?

https://i.imgur.com/uGJVRFM.mp4

Also I interrupted this dragon's attack with my charged punch and it felt incredible.

https://i.imgur.com/DNUElRU.mp4

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 3, 2024

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Katalina also has a group invulnerable, but only when Ares is up.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Postin a full burst clip since I love it

https://i.imgur.com/60x6xqz.mp4

Flashy is an understatement for this game. I should hate it but I love it. It's like if FFXIV had fun action combat.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Siegfried is a ton of fun and does good damage. His perfect timing gets easier once you understand that dodging and link attacks don't interrupt anything and the correct timing is basically on hitstun. In fact dodging and doing link attacks let you skip steps on his basic attack string to get to the finisher faster so learning the timing to perfect attack out of dodges lets you speed through his attack string faster too. Plus he has some of the farthest moving skills I have seen so far as long as there's an enemy around to a fairly crazy degree. Try Siegfried he's good

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Maniac is actually easier than very hard as it turns out, not having any issues with these quests so far.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Countblanc posted:

They should replace Vyrn with Muscle Vyrn.

Replace Vyrn with Vryn? from the April Fools universe.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Anyone have thoughts on using Katalina as a support focused DPS for cpu parties? I had her set up with the heal, invuln buff, stout heart, and enchanted lands to start with and she seemed to do well enough. I haven't been able to test her at the higher difficulties yet though, so I'm wondering if she's viable for those in this game.

I mean all characters are probably viable. I'm just curious if Katalina has to work harder than other characters, like she has to in the fighting game ( :negative: )

A neat thing about her is her JP VA is also Cammy and a bunch of others, so if she sounds familiar that's why. :buddy:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

eggrolled posted:

Anyone have thoughts on using Katalina as a support focused DPS for cpu parties? I had her set up with the heal, invuln buff, stout heart, and enchanted lands to start with and she seemed to do well enough. I haven't been able to test her at the higher difficulties yet though, so I'm wondering if she's viable for those in this game.

I mean all characters are probably viable. I'm just curious if Katalina has to work harder than other characters, like she has to in the fighting game ( :negative: )

A neat thing about her is her JP VA is also Cammy and a bunch of others, so if she sounds familiar that's why. :buddy:

Haven't played with her myself. I reckon it depends on whether or not the AI actually uses her Ares mechanic properly. When I did the story on hard mode I had Rosetta, Captain, and Io all set up for support/heal spam as much as I could. Captain in particular is really flexible and can be built to do whatever you outside of pure ranged.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

guts and bolts posted:

Because Collection masteries are applied to your character, and not only active when you have that specific weapon equipped, you're going to want to level all 6 weapons to 150 anyway. There's no real way to "waste" resource spending on whomever you want to level.

Oh, I didn’t realize that. I figure it was just when the weapons equipped. That’s huge.

Feels like money more than materials is what holds you back from just upgrading everything.

Also, confirming ascension weapons become forgeable when you do the first trial and unlock Very Hard.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ultrachrist posted:

Oh, I didn’t realize that. I figure it was just when the weapons equipped. That’s huge.

it's very funny because like, this is obviously how it should work in any sane system. but the intention is to give you another meter to fill up so it doesnt.

its fine either way but extremely funny that unlocking aspects of a weapon doesnt actually buff that weapon, it just makes all your numbers bigger

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
this is the power of the Weapon Grid

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Chapter 6 owned, goddamn

I was trying to figure out from the character list who the gayest man I could unlock next would be and picked Vane on a guess and, fellas, we all love to have a pet name for our best friend that no one else uses, right

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a friend was watching me stream and said vane was "husband-coded", and not 5 minutes later we saw that one of his unlockable titles was "I'll do the dishes!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How do you get more crew member cards? will you be able to unlock all of them just by playing the story?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Story and sidequests, yeah.

My Vaseraga fit is looking fine.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you get three(?) from playing through the main story, one from the Knicknack Shack, and the rest are quest rewards from the Quest Board at various points. you do eventually unlock all of them

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Siero sells one for gold medals, which you can only get from doing Quick Quest. So I'm not sure if you can get a ticket elsewhere, or if you are forced to play online a little bit to get that one last character unlock.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
You can get tickets from single player but as far as I can tell you can use them (for gold currency) in multi. I only need one more but I keep getting connection errors today.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's 5 from the story and at least 5 from quests before any requirement for MP.

E: Crew cards that is.

Orv fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 3, 2024

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

VERY impressed that chapter 8 is not the end. Like, how are they going to ramp up even further from there?! Even if Platinum left this project, it is still reminding me of some of my favorite of their games.

Rackam and Eugen are my favorite characters in the default playable roster, I really enjoy the feel of both of their gun styles. Hopefully Tweyen in the DLC will do something similar, she was probably my favorite character in the eternals. Not sure about Rosetta, the visuals for her turret gimmick are a little confusing and it is hard to keep track of what she is doing as an AI character. I'm sticking with Captain+Rackam as my played characters until I finish story, but once I am finished with that I am going to cash in my cards and start looking at the other options

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

I said come in! posted:

How do you get more crew member cards? will you be able to unlock all of them just by playing the story?

I unlocked all but one through story and later sidequests. There may be another one sitting past maniac for all I know but I just bought the golden ticket one to snag the last guy I didn't have.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
chapters 6 and 7 ruled, been a long time since i've played a game that manages to really ramp up linearly through the campaign instead of showing everything it can do in the first two hours

is part of the endgame new game+/repeating chapters? curious since i've definitely been leaving some of the side treasures/glowy stones that spawn high-level enemies behind, and also it'd be neat to hear some of the other characters' dialog in missions (tho that's probably easier on youtube)

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

chapters 6 and 7 ruled, been a long time since i've played a game that manages to really ramp up linearly through the campaign instead of showing everything it can do in the first two hours

is part of the endgame new game+/repeating chapters? curious since i've definitely been leaving some of the side treasures/glowy stones that spawn high-level enemies behind, and also it'd be neat to hear some of the other characters' dialog in missions (tho that's probably easier on youtube)

You unlock chapter select and an ultimate difficulty mode after the story, so you can replay whatever you want.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I assume this woman in Seedhallow that's constantly asking for pieces of elemental creatures is up to some poo poo but I guess it's not my problem for now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc posted:

a friend was watching me stream and said vane was "husband-coded", and not 5 minutes later we saw that one of his unlockable titles was "I'll do the dishes!"

I love him

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orv posted:

I assume this woman in Seedhallow that's constantly asking for pieces of elemental creatures is up to some poo poo but I guess it's not my problem for now.

yeah mind your own business

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

in one of Vane's fate episodes he says "hiding a secret from your best friend is like hiding an onion in a muffin" lmao
he rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
are unlocked character's starting levels based on your level, or is it just the highest difficulty you've unlocked? i've heard both.