Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

PoptartsNinja posted:

They were only safe until one APC started unloading infantry, now everything's fair game.

This is why it is important to consider protection, before an armored vehicle can thrust into your dropshot and unload a small army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

Volmarias posted:

This is why it is important to consider protection, before an armored vehicle can thrust into your dropshot and unload a small army.

Geez, word choice!

"My rigid tank is bearing down on your unprotected cargo bay door, and it's full of little soldiers."

Ostsol

Submitting orders. I'm going after the Dragon, he's a danger to our troops.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

propatriamori posted:

Parents: are your dropships safe? You won't believe what this Star League lance does

Also props to the mercenary with their guns to the engine passing their morale loyalty test!
Turns out 'not pissing on the star league's cereal' is pretty good motivation!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

painedforever posted:

Geez, word choice!

Was trying to think of how best to phrase it without sounding too absurd. Also, I don't know if the drop ship class was mentioned, or I would have used that.

"A thick APC full of little men is breaching your airlock! This is why you should have bought QuikCell; for the same price as one of THEIR dropships, you could have another, decoy drop ship that may or may not need to be towed to position! After all, when you need to put the Trojan on a Trojan Horse, there's no comparison."

TheParadigm posted:

Also props to the mercenary with their guns to the engine passing their morale loyalty test!
Turns out 'not pissing on the star league's cereal' is pretty good motivation!

"This is the only way I don't end up dead" feels like a strong motivator. I don't think she expected the mercs to be able to win, better to join the winning side.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe

Volmarias posted:

Also, I don't know if the drop ship class was mentioned, or I would have used that.

It's a Union. It got mentioned during Downtime 3A at the very least.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Syntyche took a breath. The situation reminded her a bit of giving her senior tactical thesis back at West Point. Fortunately, Commander Jung would be easy enough to persuade. He was military; but he came up through the ranks of the quartermasters. He’d defer to Commander Ryoji, so Syntyche really only had one person to convince. How hard that would turn out to be, well—that was the question.

She didn’t beat around the bush. “I’d like to seize the enemy’s DropShip.”

“Not a chance,” Ryoji grimaced. “A single lance of damaged ‘Mechs is no match for a Union. Blast your way into one? Maybe. Shoot one down as it’s taking off? If you’re incredibly lucky. But secure one? There’s no way.”

“There is,” Syntyche replied. “Using the BattleMaster; and maybe the Falcon if we can get the leg back on. We borrow a few local snow crawlers, the marines from the Dimetrodon and Goddess Orinoco, as many locals as we can convince to help us come take revenge for Colonel Wendigo. They shouldn’t suspect the BattleMaster so we should be able to get close.”

“And there’s no way they haven’t tarped up to keep the outer hull and turret mechanisms from freezing up. So it’ll take them at least a minute to undog their guns, if not two.” She took a breath, and held up a finger. “One lance. We’ll have to deal with one lance. There’s no way they’ve got anything as heavy as the BattleMaster; and if we bring Ravager along, we’ll have them outnumbered.”

Turns out there WAS a way they have something as heavy as the Battlemaster, lol. They actually have a lot of neat poo poo. :D

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

I am playing around with digital art stuff on an iPad I got for no good reason. There isn't enough art of Royal Battlemasters falling through thin ice, so

not-thumbnail link

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

The poor pilot in the cockpit isn't quite sure what they're doing.

:sterv:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
My apologies for the lack of updates this week. I got a new project at work and had to spend a lot of extra time bringing myself up to speed... and in what little free time I had, I painted to de-stress.

Update will be done ASAP, I just can't guarantee it before Saturday.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoptartsNinja posted:

My apologies for the lack of updates this week. I got a new project at work and had to spend a lot of extra time bringing myself up to speed... and in what little free time I had, I painted to de-stress.

No worries!

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

yeah hopefully the work stuff goes well

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hey, we don't need the whole update. All you need to do is write, "The Ostsol won everything forever."

That'd be enough of an update for me.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

You could always do "and everyone fell through the ice and drowned, like that one Star Colonel".

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

PoptartsNinja posted:

I painted to de-stress.

You could appease us by showing off your recent work I bet!!

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

Never let this project become a chore for you. All is well, just shove the thread aside for however long feels best for you.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Combine the two! Do target painting to relax.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

vorebane posted:

You could appease us by showing off your recent work I bet!!

Unfortunately, It's unfinished.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Even hivelords gotta start somewhere.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Looks great so far - chiming in with the others to say that taking care of yourself takes priority! Hope you're well.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
:rolldice: :psyduck:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
:laugh:

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Oh goodie. :allears:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Finding the way to write mutual headcaps with lasers is, in fact, a pain in the rear end.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Showdown at High Noon 4-8

A searing pain shot through Prodigal’s shoulder as an SRM fired by the Stalker struck her ‘Mech square in the head. Fortunately, Mikal’s up-armoring held—but that didn’t stop the shot from splintering the transplex canopy and showering her with razor-sharp shards. The burning sting that followed told her that her cooling suit had a punctured capillary line. Fortunately, coolant was non-toxic… at least in the short term.

Of more immediate concern was the razor-sharp dagger of transplex that had pierced straight through her Neurohelmet’s faceplate, damaging her HUD and blocking her vision. It had come perhaps a centimeter from blinding her—a little thinner or a little more force and she would’ve lost an eye. She grabbed the chunk with an armored glove and tore it free, tossing it away behind her even as she thumbed her joystick’s firing stud with her right hand.

She added her fire to that of the Hoplite and Thunderbolt, and was gratified to see the Stalker stagger after that hasty shot from her PPC caught it square in the chest. It wobbled drunkenly, its Mechwarrior taking an involuntary step backwards—and the Stalker’s big, hoof-like foot found nothing but empty air as it stepped over the lip of the DropShip’s landing crater. The Stalker’s tumble was almost comical as it landed hard with both feet pointing skyward. But rather than scramble, it merely—toppled, stiff and lifeless, onto its side and vanished below the rim of the crater.

“poo poo,” Rampart cursed as the transport carrying the Dimetrodon’s third infantry platoon detonated amidst a hail of light autocannon fire. Its crew popped the infantry hatches at the last moment, letting Charlie platoon scramble free with only a few bumps, bruises, and hopefully minor burns for their troubles. Momentarily stunned by the destruction of their transport, they were easy prey for the lighter of the original two Land-Air Mechs.

“It’s got pulse lasers!” Rampart howled—she’d clearly pegged the enemy Heavy ‘Mech as the greater threat to the transports. And while that was true, the light LAM was the greatest current threat to a transport’s occupants. Its pulse lasers filled the comms with the screams of dying men and women—and for the sake of morale, Prodigal was forced to mute the infantry comms.

“Rampart,” she ordered with an coldly angry tone that put Frigid’s ambient temperatures to shame. “Slaughter that LAM.”

“One of the new ones just pancaked. These ones don’t have arms, and it just couldn’t recover,” Ironhead’s analysis was equally cold. “Some sort of conversion system failure. They look a bit like someone tried to turn a Locust into an Airmech.”

Movement Phase
[n/a]

AeroSpace Movement Phase
Unknown Light LAM 2
- Initiates AirMech conversion, exits AeroSpace map.
- Flawed Conversion System: rolled 5, fails!
- Crashes into surface map in hex 1025!

Unknown Light LAM 3
- Initiates AirMech conversion, exits AeroSpace map.
- Flawed Conversion System: rolled 12, succeeds!
- Deploys onto surface map on hex 1621!

Shooting Phase
Hoplite (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1314!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Stalker (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (8/38 armor remaining)!
- Fires LB-10X [Cluster] at Stalker (2 Gunnery + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 2): automatically hit, with a cluster roll of 8: 6 submunitions hit Right Arm (9/25 armor remaining), Left Arm (14/25 armor remaining), Center Torso (7/38 armor remaining), Left Arm (13/25 armor remaining), Right Leg (11/32 armor remaining), Right Torso (11/26 armor remaining)!
- gains 9 heat, sinks 16!

Rifleman (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Stalker ([4 + 1 heat = 5] Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- gains 14 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Ostsol (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (0/18 armor, 13/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 3, no critical hits sustained!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (0/10 structure remaining)! Left arm blown off!
- - 3 damage transfers to Rear Left Torso (5/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Rear Center Torso (7/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 3, missed!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 32!

Thunderbolt (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2311!
- Fires Large Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires Machine Gun at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Machine Gun at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Machine Gun at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires LRM-15 at Stalker (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 Multi-Trac Targeting = 8): rolled 3, missed!
- gains 20 heat, sinks 16! Overheating!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires PPC at Stalker ([3 + 2 heat = 5] Gunnery + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (0/38 armor, 24/27 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Stalker suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Rolled 4, lower. Rolled 4: Gyro hit!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Stalker ([3 + 2 heat = 5] Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 4, missed!
- gains 20 heat, sinks 34! Overheating!

Stalker
- Fires ER Large Laser at BattleMaster (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 4): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (32/40 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at BattleMaster (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (3/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 at BattleMaster (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 9, with a cluster roll of 10: 5 missiles hit Left Torso (21/28 armor remaining), Left Leg (damage blocked by terrain!), Right Leg (damage blocked by terrain!), Center Torso (30/40 armor remaining), Left Arm (17/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 at BattleMaster (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 8, with a cluster roll of 12: 6 missiles hit Right Torso (26/28 armor remaining), Right Torso (24/28 armor remaining), Center Torso (28/40 armor remaining), Right Leg (damage blocked by terrain!), Head (5/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!), Right Arm (1/24 armor remaining)!
- gains 32 heat, sinks 32! Overheating!

Catapult
- Fires ER PPC at BattleMaster (3 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (0/24 armor, 5/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!
- gains 16 heat, sinks 32!

Unknown Heavy ‘Mech #2
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0810!
- Fires AC/5 [Burst] at Heavy APC 2 (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, with a cluster roll of 7: 1 shell hit Left Side (0/13 armor, 0/2 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- - Marine Platoon Charlie rolls for survival: rolled 1, survives!
- - - Charlie Platoon forcibly disembarked in hex 1209!
- Fires Medium Laser at Heavy APC 2 (3 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, missed!
- gains 7 heat, sinks 10!

Unknown Medium LAM
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Unknown Light LAM 1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser against Marine Platoon Charlie (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit! Deals [((1 + 2 pulse laser) * 2 exposed infantry) / 2 armor divisor = 3] damage! 3 troopers killed!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser against Marine Platoon Charlie (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit! Deals [((2d6 burst = 9) * 2 exposed infantry) / 2 armor divisor = 9) damage! 9 troopers killed!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser against Marine Platoon Charlie (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 small targets - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 10, hit! Deals [((2d6 burst = 6) * 2 exposed infantry) / 2 armor divisor = 6) damage! 6 troopers killed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Unknown Light LAM 2
- Holds fire!

Unknown Light LAM 3
- Fires Medium Laser at Rifleman (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Rear Center Torso (1/6 armor remaining)!

Marsden CWT #1 (Ally)
- Fires Medium Rifle at Unknown heavy Mech 2 (4 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 8, missed!

Marsden CWT #2 (Ally)
- Fires Medium Rifle at Catapult (4 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (14/28 armor remaining)!

Heavy Tracked APC #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Heavy Tracked APC #2 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #2 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #3 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Shooting End Phase
BattleMaster (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 8, succeeds!

Stalker
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage + 3 gyro hit = 8): rolled 4, fails!
- Attempts to avoid pilot damage (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage + 3 gyro hit = 8): rolled 12, fails! Pilot hit!
- - Falls (rolled 6, backwards) in hex 1410, facing hex 1511!
- - Suffers 8 damage in the fall to Head (0/9 armor, 2/3 structure remaining) TAC!, Head (0/3 structure remaining)! Head destroyed! `Mech destroyed!
- - Displaced into hex 1409 to make this fall make sense!

Melee Phase
[n/a]

Melee End Phase
[n/a]

Heat Phase
Heat applied!

End Phase
[n/a]

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Unknown Medium LAM
- Activates conversion gear, converts to ‘Mech mode!

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Capture the Enemy DropShip (0/1)
- - Overwhelm DropShip Troop Strength (42/46)
- - Turns until the Turncoat is Overwhelmed (7/12)

Secondary Objective
- Defeat Enemy BattleMech Lance (2/4)
- Keep All Enemy Mechs Engaged for 3 Turns (Complete):
- - Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 Engaged (Failed)

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Glacial Exposure: Ejecting pilots suffer 1 automatic pilot damage.

Light Autocannon Tweaks
- Autocannon/5s can fire singly or burst fire two shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Autocannon/2s can fire singly or burst fire three shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Ultra Autocannons don't jam, and receive a +2 bonus on cluster table rolls at short range, +1 at medium range, and +0 at long range.

Small Weapon Tweaks
- Weapons with a range of 3 or less only have a short range bracket.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So with the APC destroyed is trying to swarm the dropship still possible or not?

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Goddammit to hell!

I guess I'm going after the LAM to the North. Can I get some support in getting that Dragon away from our transports?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The APCs aren't a necessary part of that, but the Infantry has to hoof it and they're in serious danger in the open.

Fortunately, you voted to ask for locals to help. Their snowcats are also transporting infantry.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quote:

Stalker
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage + 3 gyro hit = 8): rolled 4, fails!
- Attempts to avoid pilot damage (4 gunnery + 1 massive damage + 3 gyro hit = 8): rolled 12, fails! Pilot hit!
- - Falls (rolled 6, backwards) in hex 1410, facing hex 1511!
- - Suffers 8 damage in the fall to Head (0/9 armor, 2/3 structure remaining) TAC!, Head (0/3 structure remaining)! Head destroyed! `Mech destroyed!
- - Displaced into hex 1409 to make this fall make sense!

ahahahhahaa

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Looks like putting a Pilot called "Crasher" in their experimental LAM wasn't the best idea!

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 4, 2024

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

She added her fire to that of the Hoplite and Thunderbolt, and was gratified to see the Stalker stagger after that hasty shot from her PPC caught it square in the chest. It wobbled drunkenly, its Mechwarrior taking an involuntary step backwards—and the Stalker’s big, hoof-like foot found nothing but empty air as it stepped over the lip of the DropShip’s landing crater. The Stalker’s tumble was almost comical as it landed hard with both feet pointing skyward. But rather than scramble, it merely—toppled, stiff and lifeless, onto its side and vanished below the rim of the crater.

AHAHAHAHA YES :yeshaha:

PoptartsNinja posted:

A searing pain shot through Prodigal’s shoulder as an SRM fired by the Stalker struck her ‘Mech square in the head. Fortunately, Mikal’s up-armoring held—but that didn’t stop the shot from splintering the transplex canopy and showering her with razor-sharp shards. The burning sting that followed told her that her cooling suit had a punctured capillary line. Fortunately, coolant was non-toxic… at least in the short term.

Of more immediate concern was the razor-sharp dagger of transplex that had pierced straight through her Neurohelmet’s faceplate, damaging her HUD and blocking her vision. It had come perhaps a centimeter from blinding her—a little thinner or a little more force and she would’ve lost an eye. She grabbed the chunk with an armored glove and tore it free, tossing it away behind her even as she thumbed her joystick’s firing stud with her right hand.

Worth it!

UNFORTUNATELY, we've now got two mechs with pulse lasers by our forcibly-disembarked infantry. That's going to suck for them I think, and at this point there's probably nothing we can do.

In part because of the LAM behind me, I'm thinking of putting myself into 1113, which I think is 5 MP. Then it's a question of who to shoot at. Unknown Light LAM 1 (which I think is a Stinger LAM) sounds like it's already getting engaged by our Ostsol, so I think I'm after the Catapult. I guess I've got real close shots into the Dragon, too, at its damaged left side, but it still seems like it isn't the biggest threat over here. Even if the Hoplite also shoots at the Catapult, focusing it down seems important now that it can cover the entry ramp hex.

Gosh, with 6 MP I also think those Snowcats all end up at 1208 next turn (if that's where they're going, and I think it is). Crap crap crap. I think we need these pulse lasers off the board.

Going to wait a little bit to think on it and also see what the rest of Obligation Lance is doing.

This is a super great turn though, even if it's tragic for our infantry. Stalker falling in the hole, LAM crashing because of flawed conversion, absolutely delicious.

...hm. I'm a little surprised that Unknown Light LAM 1 got a go at our infantry that turn too. Shouldn't all the shooting be simultaneous? How'd it get the infantry as possible targets? Or is shooting infantry a separate phase?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Ardlen posted:

Looks like putting a Pilot called "Crasher" in their experimental LAM wasn't the best idea!

They had basically a 50/50 chance of dying when converting to AirMech thanks to a small cockpit penalty. I figured one of them would eat poo poo, but which one was still up to the dice.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Rifleman

Moving to 1619 and shooting Light LAM 3

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

PTN, how does the "Overwhelm DropShip Troop Strength" work?

I hadn't been paying much attention to the troop cards until they got savaged just now by pulse lasers, so I figured 42 meant 42 people were aboard, but Alpha and Bravo seem to have 56 marines combined (7x4x2), right? Have they been taking casualties inside?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's based on their damage potential (troops x damage modifier) compared to the 5 squads of enemy marines onboard the DropShip.

Star League Marines have better equipment, but they will get overwhelmed over time.

The local troops aren't worth much, but they're still enough to turn the tide.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

how it started:

how it's going:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
absolute perfection. simply peak battletech

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

biosterous posted:

how it started:

how it's going:

:squawk:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Well that's convenient, a lightly charred Stalker just waiting to be hauled into our new Dropship for repairs :laugh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Not sure I would want to pilot that Stalker though. An ending like that surely means it's cursed to get its pilots killed

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Ostsol

Orders are in, I'm going for the LAM at 1205.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

biosterous posted:

how it started:

how it's going:

I was hoping that someone would do a picture. :patriot: