Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Seriously, the HG Aerial is probably one of the best kits I've built

The new HGGTO GMs (Missile Pod, Sleggar, and Morocco) are all LEAGUES better than the other HG's I've built (G04, G05, Messer, Gustav Karl, Blue Destiny 3). Like, if I didn't know better I'd call it a different grade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Warmachine posted:

The new HGGTO GMs (Missile Pod, Sleggar, and Morocco) are all LEAGUES better than the other HG's I've built (G04, G05, Messer, Gustav Karl, Blue Destiny 3). Like, if I didn't know better I'd call it a different grade.

Origin HGs have always been a step above standard HGs in terms of detail, even dating back to Char's Zaku in 2015. They've advanced too, but comparing Origin HG to Origin HG feels much less dramatic.

I can't know how other people would react, but I feel like the Guntank from the line (a 2015 kit) is closer to the Sleggar GM than the GM is to the other kits you mention, despite them being from 2020.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Origin HGs are very good except for the baffling seam lines on the Gundam's legs and the Zaku forearms. They're so bad why would you make them like that everything else is so well designed.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Origin HGs have always been a step above standard HGs in terms of detail, even dating back to Char's Zaku in 2015. They've advanced too, but comparing Origin HG to Origin HG feels much less dramatic.

I can't know how other people would react, but I feel like the Guntank from the line (a 2015 kit) is closer to the Sleggar GM than the GM is to the other kits you mention, despite them being from 2020.

I'm not talking just about detail, but both color separation of that detail (the crotch V has full color separation, no stickers) and engineering gimmicks like the floating kneecaps with mechanical detail under them.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Warmachine posted:

I'm not talking just about detail, but both color separation of that detail (the crotch V has full color separation, no stickers) and engineering gimmicks like the floating kneecaps with mechanical detail under them.

Floating kneecaps, you say?

The Origin kits took longer to get to the crotch V without stickers (I think the EG in 2020 was one of the first cheap kits to pull that off), but they had a lot of neat engineering tricks (like the opening pilot hatch for the Guntank) well before most of the line even attempted it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I told you guys the movie was gonna be good.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

And I acknowledge that you seem to be right. I thought it was going to probably be the fun kind of trainwreck, which it also seems to be, so this looks like a win for everyone.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I was never in doubt.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

chiasaur11 posted:

And I acknowledge that you seem to be right. I thought it was going to probably be the fun kind of trainwreck, which it also seems to be, so this looks like a win for everyone.

Gundam stays winning.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I still want to know the story behind their absolutely bafflingly terrible promotional image stuff. Big Head Mode pictures being used in official promotional stuff did not spread a lot of confidence.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Seed has finally won over the west. Great to see.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

chrome line posted:

There's definitely some final boss suits that never accomplish anything because they only get used against the hero at the end. Like the Zeong is almost there, but it destroys the gundam so it's not quite

Even most of those get to chump through mooks to show just how dangerous they are.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1754600273123959016?t=pPpERPEwpWw5XYzjp3IWyA&s=19

I mean...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alex Dino, he is a Z'Gok.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

more important

https://x.com/zeonicscans/status/1751916366871826645?s=20

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I've always loved Z'Gok since realizing it's goated in Fed vs. Zeon, but now there is an ugly new SEED version and I'm forced to, for the first time in my life, dislike a Z'Gok

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'm mostly offended at what they did to the mighty freedom

Original freedom has a nice simple-but-looks-complicated wing spread for its himat thingy. You spread the wings out, essentially.

Strike freedom looked really weird with its wing proportions and the fact that the two wing segments are basically just 90 degrees off from each other. But the uncanny look of it grew on me with its symmetrical wings. I still think the 90 degree turn kind of ruins the look but whatevs, I'm okay with the wing spread.

Mighty freedom just sticks this additional piece between the wings. Unlike the freedom, it doesn't disguise itself as the smaller fin of the big wings. And it ruins the symmetry of the strike freedom's because it's neither symmetrical nor does it try to fit in with the other wings. For that matter, it's got the freedom's wingshape (big wing with a smaller fin) and that just doesn't work with the 90 degree turn and non-attempt at symmetry. It's got the worst of both worlds by combining the two previous suits.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/haskap1017/status/1754785132890956172?s=20

The Unicorn at Gundam Base Odaiba looking nice in last night's snow

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm watching through Turn A for the first time and just met this guy. Didn't expect to see a brain-damaged Austin Powers in this show, but I'm here for it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/dokata_s/status/1755196362927542416?t=8l3WJzzOhSxJxhsO-1VO9w&s=19

Dating profiles be like.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm watching through Turn A for the first time and just met this guy. Didn't expect to see a brain-damaged Austin Powers in this show, but I'm here for it

Corrin Nander is so good

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

chrome line posted:

Corrin Nander is so good

Of all the obsessed with "GUNDAM" folks across the various properties, he's the most right

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

he should have piloted a gundam in the finale

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Corrin Nander is the true Char of the show, look at his custom Kapool!

Honestly I do think he fits better than Harry. Corrin is super invested in the Gundam, he's got a mysterious past that motivates him, he disappears for a big chunk of the show and comes back with a new perspective on things.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

chrome line posted:

Corrin Nander is the true Char of the show, look at his custom Kapool!

Honestly I do think he fits better than Harry. Corrin is super invested in the Gundam, he's got a mysterious past that motivates him, he disappears for a big chunk of the show and comes back with a new perspective on things.

I'm not sure why you're making this comparison, Harry is not a Char. He's never even remotely hinted to be a Char.

He's very clearly a Quattro.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Appreciate the spoiler tag, I should probably not check this thread until I finish the show. But yeah, so far Harry is a super boring Char

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He's a cool dude but not much of a char if that's the kind of character you want him to be.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

He's a cool dude but not much of a char if that's the kind of character you want him to be.

He's the anti-Char. To a remarkable degree.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://x.com/MON0EYE/status/1755239037957279835?s=20

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

chiasaur11 posted:

He's the anti-Char. To a remarkable degree.

I can’t help but think he’s Tomino playing a joke on the audience. The archetype was a set in stone series tradition by that point. Everyone would know and be expecting the requisite Char to appear. So Tomino has a character walk into frame whose design checks all the boxes, and then just nonchalantly brushes them off. Why does he wear the space visor? He’s a space man why wouldn’t he? What’s the reason for his dashing ace pilot persona? Well you see it’s because he’s an ace pilot. What’s his secret agenda? To carry out his stated agenda.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Harry Ord is amazing and I love him. Every outfit he has is incredible, from his formal wear to his lovely disguise. He might be the pilot that I cheered for the most in the whole franchise, especially in the last ~15 episodes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Loran is the actual char

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In that he's an icon

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You can argue that there's 3 different takes on Char in Turn A, from Harry being Quattro or the idealized Char, Dianna/Kihel being a form of Chhar/Casval twin magic and Guin being CCA Char

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure why you're making this comparison, Harry is not a Char. He's never even remotely hinted to be a Char.

He's very clearly a Quattro.

Kai Shiden has entered the chat.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i like that the new Freedom gundam has a katana that absolutely clashes with the rest of the design for no obvious reason

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

muike posted:

i like that the new Freedom gundam has a katana that absolutely clashes with the rest of the design for no obvious reason

Because Japan

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a mecha never needs a reason to have a sweet rear end sword

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Props to the Mikazuki for using the Katana for a few episodes with the Barbatos before deciding "nah, I like this better" and going back to bludgeoning weapons and giant claws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike posted:

The new enemy units have Femtech Armor which is anti-beam.