Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Locking FNLN and Frosted Flake in a cave for a year to let them craft the ultimate post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Locking FNLN and Frosted Flake in a cave for a year to let them craft the ultimate post

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

i wouldnt read it

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i wouldnt read it

you cant read

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Joining forces to defeatr their ultimate opponent, Majin Discendo Vox

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i wouldnt read it

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i wouldnt read it

you would and you'd empty quote it. bitch

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

you would and you'd empty quote it. bitch

i would empty quote it but i would not read

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Frosted Flake posted:

I do not use ChatGPT to write posts. That’s as obscene an accusation as antisemitism.

My workflow is fairly simple,

I keep notes open, so I can dictate or type into a running doccument

and I use references from pdfs on my icloud

Because I’m on my phone, I can’t see if the formatting is weird when using block quotations because some pdfs do not account for different column widths, and indeed the column widths as I see them on an iPhone are far more condensed than what PC users see. Other pdfs do not merge broken words that the editor of the book, either scanned or deliberately published as a pdf, has employed hyphenation for. This is frustrating as you should never do hyphenation manually, obviously, but you have to undo hyphenation manually on iPhone.

So, for smaller quotes I’ll go through myself but for very long ones, or pdfs that are particularly hosed up when highlighted and copied from iPhone into notes, say there’s no spacing between words for pages and pages, I will occasionally use ChatGPT to correct the formatting before double checking it myself. The same goes for other really weird text encoding issues, mostly with text written in foreign languages where the characters - I’m thinking of ß - aren’t recognized correctly. Scans of very old books where ſ is used take forever to clean up. There is also one academic publisher that encodes pdfs in a Caesar cypher, you can imagine what that’s like.

My posts on ChatGPT specifically said it was unusable for what I write, that I’ve tinkered with it and never gotten the results I wanted, other than amusing myself with pastiche, that its academic writing was poor, and that the best result I have gotten out of it was outlines of provided text - which I might skim, but as you can see in my use of long form quotes and paraphrase written in my own voice (or rather spoken when dictated), make no mistake about authorship.

Finally,

wb

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dokapon Findom posted:

I find Japanese whiskey to be very uneven particularly at the higher price points but this is my favorite: https://www.blackwellswines.com/products/iwai-japanese-whiskey-80-proof-750-ml

thx I'll keep it in mind

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
i hired some movers and i have some doubts about if they can do it. they're 2 skinny guys and I think one is like 15. arrived 3 hours late. let's see how this goes.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

i hired some movers and i have some doubts about if they can do it. they're 2 skinny guys and I think one is like 15. arrived 3 hours late. let's see how this goes.

lol you hired the moving twinks

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
i asked where they're from and they said turkey, then when I responded in Turkish said they didn't know Turkish and are actually Kyrgyz but Turkic. hope I didn't make it weird for them.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

i asked where they're from and they said turkey, then when I responded in Turkish said they didn't know Turkish and are actually Kyrgyz but Turkic. hope I didn't make it weird for them.

lmao for some reason

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

btfo by the Turkish tester

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

lmao for some reason

you think thats funny? what are you some kind of turk

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you think thats funny? what are you some kind of turk

what if i was uzbek

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol you hired the moving twinks

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

No true Turkman

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the Kyrgyz hat is freakin sick

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

lmfao

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

lobster shirt posted:

what if i was uzbek

Guess uzbek

Bek again

Guess uzbek, guess uzbek, guess uzbek...

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

lol

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i would empty quote it but i would not read

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

lmao for some reason

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

mawarannahr posted:

Last movers I had were old and pregnant.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

FF writes this poo poo on a phone?? What the hell

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
update: so far so good. one guy left a mark on the old apartments toilet bowl. outside the new place, outside the new place. some guy just drove up in a mercedes and was clearly familiar with the boys, maybe an uncle. they were laughing it up, about me no doubt.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lmfao

Smythe posted:

they do

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Honky Mao posted:

FF writes this poo poo on a phone?? What the hell

do. not. gently caress. with. him

speng31b
May 8, 2010

hmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mawarannahr posted:

You are in America aren't you? Can you imagine telling most Americans you are Kyrgyz?

my bony fealty posted:

sounds like its time to reread The Once and Future King

Make sure you do the book of merlyn too