Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So this entire latest PC "arc" was literally just Stantis discovering the pun of "Carmen Sense" and patting himself on the back for it all week.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's better than any of the words that Sinfest has discovered over the past few years. That's the highest praise that I can give it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

the_steve posted:

So this entire latest PC "arc" was literally just Stantis discovering the pun of "Carmen Sense" and patting himself on the back for it all week.

This honestly makes it one of the better PC story arcs.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I'm not sure what the auntie shrinking in the last panel is supposed to mean? Is she trying to hide herself quick?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
So is Biden too bellicose in the middle east but also not bellicose enough against Iran? I'm starting to get confused.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nenonen posted:

I'm not sure what the auntie shrinking in the last panel is supposed to mean? Is she trying to hide herself quick?

Considering how much of the art is sloppy c/p, I just assumed they didn't bother resizing Carmen

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah. I like the Adam Zyglis one, though. Pretty good art, visceral imagery.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

logger posted:

This cartoonist has no idea how bail works.

They wouldn’t have been arrested if they weren’t guilty of something!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Clerical Terrors posted:

So is Biden too bellicose in the middle east but also not bellicose enough against Iran? I'm starting to get confused.

Biden just bombed a bunch of Iranian militias in the Middle East, which be too little and too late, clearly a weak response meaning nothing, but also a dangerous escalation that will unthinkingly get us mired in World War III.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

What comes next? by Zhao Guopin

Troublemaker by Cai Meng

Warship repair ill-intentioned by Ma Xuejing

Sticking hand into the beehive by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Piet from France
Angouleme Comics Festival
"And you have another job on the side?"
"I'm a farmer."
"And you have another job on the side?"

by Chappatte from Switzerland
Road sign reads: Ecological transition
Signs read: "Had it up to here!" and "Enough!"

by Stellina from Taiwan

Gaza : tractations autour d’un cessez-le-feu/Gaza: Cease-fire negotiations by Adene from France

by Urbs from France
"Higher wages! Less bureaucracy! Open more doors!"
"This feels like a reshuffle."
It's a play on words beginning with 'de' but I'm not making that effort.

Birmanie : trois ans après le coup d’Etat, la junte vacille/Myanmar: Three years after coup, the junta is struggling by Heng from Singapore

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Burma/Myanmar is wild. Since gaining independence in 1948, it has experienced some sort of insurgency or civil war all the way up until the present day, usually multiple at the same time. Closing in on a full century now. Remarkably stable in its instability.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sticking hand into the beehive by Luo Jie

The dangers of drawing your cartoon before knowing the caption.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I've been sleeping for literally 30 years. But I need to go somewhere specific right this instant*, so I can accomplish nothing, and never be mentioned in the cartoon again.

gently caress you, Stantis.

*Carmen Sense died on the way back to her home planet.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 3, 2024

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Andersen

Jen Sorenson

Keith Knight

Mike Lukovich

Brian McFadden

Tom Tomorrow

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/BillBramhall/status/1753482273423593666?t=FOSCubZTYb6PF0NtddE5pg&s=19
Kellies Nomination: Worst Label

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Labour’s business conference and a binned green investment plan – City executives have flocked to Keir Starmer and Rachel Reeves’s Oval charm offensive" Also Missing monkey trapped by yorkshire pudding in Scotland

Telegraph:

Matt:

Lewis Hamilton issues warning to doubters ahead of Ferrari switch

Independent:

After Ferdinand Hodler.

The i paper:

Times:

Michelle O’Neill becomes Northern Ireland’s first minister

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

I like to think that "Cartoon" is the name of this cartoon, and that's what you've nominated it for

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Microplastics posted:

I like to think that "Cartoon" is the name of this cartoon, and that's what you've nominated it for

Tempting, but no, I was looking squarely at the big white MSPaint box that was supposed to pass for a newspaper.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/deAdder/status/1753760110168391834?t=IbkfeHrdo-WgDjzBBHvb3g&s=19

the_steve fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 4, 2024

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
So on tumblr a follow a blog that posts pages from Disney Adventures magazine, which I used to read when I was a kid, and at one point this comes up:

and I'm like "oh yeah I remember those funky looking Mickey Mouse strips when I was a kid, I wonder what else the guy behind them has do-:yikes:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bob Englehart

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

Jimmy Margulies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Pedro X. Molina

Walt Handelsman

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
In that first one there is way too much overlap between them circles on the venn diagram

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Carlos Latuff

Now that's interesting...this is for a brand new outlet targeting Kuwait, it went live in just the last couple months. That flag's associated with the Houthis. The articles are about what you'd expect; there's an notable emphasis on the Houthis in the material I skimmed, but I can't tell who's running it. The format lets you know they're running that weird expensive propaganda report book format that's popular in the region.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 4, 2024

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

ah poo poo, I dropped the lower section of my cartoon in a puddle

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I thought I might have somehow done that, but it looks like that on comicskingdom as well.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
Ladies, Gentlemen, and the technicolor rainbow in-between...

From this day forth, I will post the weekly ramblings of a racist rear end in a top hat whose racist rear end in a top hat father was president decades ago and should have served time in prison for high treason...Michael Reagan!

Michael Reagan posted:

It’s a good thing Donald Trump doesn’t own one of the Super Bowl teams.

If he did, people would already be rioting in the streets of Las Vegas, demanding that the NFL call off next weekend’s big game.

The liberal media would be cheering on the rioters, as usual.

CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, the Washington Post – they and their fellow Trump Haters in the media would be calling for the game not to be televised or at least moved to Moscow.

The Kansas City Trumpers? No way.

In 2024 America, Donald Trump would never be allowed to get his hands or name on a NFL franchise.

Democrats in Congress, the FBI, the United Nations, an assistant district attorney in Buffalo, Taylor Swift – somebody in power would make sure of that.

But believe it or not, Trump is not just the madman from New York who his political enemies say tried to destroy democracy in America and has plans to install himself as a dictator this fall.

According to leftist Democrats and the liberal media, Trump is to blame for everything that’s gone wrong in the world since he left office in January of 2021.

Apparently, it was Trump’s fault we screwed up the war on COVID.

Apparently, it was Trump’s fault we totally botched our withdrawal from Afghanistan.

And apparently, it was Trump’s fault our economy was wrecked by high inflation, our election results became untrustworthy and our greatest cities have become centers of lawlessness and disorder.

None of that was the fault of Joe Biden, right?

Biden and the progressive Democrats have had nothing to do with any of our other current problems at home and in the Middle East or the national news media would have told us about it, right?

Wrong.

Everything everywhere all the time apparently has been Trump’s fault, and now that includes the hottest issue in the coming election -- the border.

If you only watch CNN, MSNBC or the major TV networks, where they say everything on the border is going fine, you’ve probably never heard the phrase “Every state is a border state now.”

But you’d realize what that means real fast if you took a stroll in downtown Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, New York City or Philadelphia and saw the thousands of “asylum seekers” fresh from the Southern border.

The left tries to tell us illegal immigrants have suddenly arrived here by the millions because Donald Trump has refused to allow MAGA Republicans in Congress to pass a bill that Joe Biden could sign that gives him the power to pass a law to fix the border.

Even our confused pretend president believes that myth.

The other day he claimed he’s been asking Congress for a border bill to sign since his first day in office, but that’s pure bull.

If we had an honest media, they would point out that in his first week Biden signed executive orders that blew the doors to our Southern border wide open.

He spent money to tear down the new parts of the wall that had already been built. He reinstated "catch and release" rules at the border and he took away the “stay in Mexico” policy.

He did that in the first week….

By executive fiat, Biden cancelled everything to do with immigration that President Trump had put in place. He did it out of political spite.

He could undo all of his harmful executive orders tomorrow and put the border back to where it was when he found it, but he never will.

I’m not a favorite of Donald Trump.

Am I happy with all the crazy things he says? No. Do I like everything he does – or has done? No.

Do I like how he’s taken over the Republican Party? No. Do I have a problem with his MAGA Republicans? Yes. Do I think some of them are completely nuts? Yes.

But if in November my choice is between Joe Biden or Donald Trump, I’ll vote for nuts. In a heartbeat.

TL;DR: Yeah Trump is a stupid rear end in a top hat that will all but certainly turn our country into a fascist dictatorship...but at least he'll keep out all the scary brown people!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Does he make cartoons to go with those rants?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Emigration. The word you were looking for was emigration.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

JamesBont posted:

Ladies, Gentlemen, and the technicolor rainbow in-between...

From this day forth, I will post the weekly ramblings of a racist rear end in a top hat whose racist rear end in a top hat father was president decades ago and should have served time in prison for high treason...Michael Reagan!

TL;DR: Yeah Trump is a stupid rear end in a top hat that will all but certainly turn our country into a fascist dictatorship...but at least he'll keep out all the scary brown people!

This is the wrong thread. Maybe try right wing media.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

So on tumblr a follow a blog that posts pages from Disney Adventures magazine, which I used to read when I was a kid, and at one point this comes up:

and I'm like "oh yeah I remember those funky looking Mickey Mouse strips when I was a kid, I wonder what else the guy behind them has do-:yikes:
Are the McCoys genetically incapable of drawing anyone without a beer belly? Like it’s one thing on Goofy, but on Minnie it’s like he learned one body time and refused to lean more.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

This is the wrong thread. Maybe try right wing media.

Can you link me to that, please? Sorry

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

Are the McCoys genetically incapable of drawing

Yes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

JamesBont posted:

Can you link me to that, please? Sorry
thisaway:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3512233

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Glenn McCoy makes a newpaper comic strip called The Duplex. It's a regular guy-and-dog strip, with jokes and punchlines. It's not great or anything, but Glenn McC know the craft, and it's lurching along with the other zombie newpaper comic strips.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Nice copy-pasted heads in both strips.

Glenn also did storyboards for several Illumination films including the Despicable Me's.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

wizzardstaff posted:

Does he make cartoons to go with those rants?
He writes for Cagle, so someone does but I don't think it's ever him. This is the cartoon that ran alongside that rant:

Rivers

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Herbert:

In 2023 the Australian Tax Office collected $4.9 billion from HECS/HELP student loan repayments, compared to collecting only $2.2 billion from the Petroleum Resource Rent Tax.

Broelman:

Lethbridge:

Knight:

It was hot in Melbourne.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Climate Change and Energy Minister Chris Bowen. New vehicle efficiency standard set to be introduced next year (ABC). Since it's Bowen I'm sure we'll see Spooner's take later in the week.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

And now, more cartoons from the 1952 Chicago Tribune, featuring political convention season!

Uh, what?

Okay, a good point for once.

Anyway, the Trib despised Eisenhower; their favored candidate was Ohio senator Robert Taft, who unlike Eisenhower was a committed isolationist. Eisenhower was portrayed as the tool of suspicious, non-Republican forces:

Despite what this cartoon might suggest, the Democratic convention was a pretty sedate affair without serious opposition to Truman's handpicked successor, Adlai Stevenson.

Anyway, birds!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Great dump. Were these guys basically the more explicitly anti-labor MAGAs of their time? 'One worlders' is basically 'globalists'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Phlegmish posted:

'One worlders' is basically 'globalists'.

The spider hanging from the UN flag's "web" is not very subtle