Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Ngl if Paimon is in it I will probably not watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'll watch it twice as hard, gotta defend the flying lavender melon!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why wouldnt paimon be in it? shes one of the main characters

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
So many people would be mad but it would be funny if even in an anime the Traveller still didnt talk.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm personally hoping it's set during the Cataclysm so we get both Aether and Lumine, and you know the important lore of what the gently caress actually happened there. It loses like 90% of the characters people would watch the anime for though, so I'm absolutely not expecting it. If they just make it differ from the game and have both twins be together that'd be nice. I dunno, if it's just marketing boy that loses any desire I have to watch it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The Chenyu Vale story is more a continuation of the Liyue story and discussion of the Archon War than anything else.

Also it's probably my favorite questline this expansion.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Since Aether seems to be the canon main character in Genshin Impact the game, it would be interesting for the anime to focus more on Lumine's side of the story, Kaenriah, etc.

Mainly because I want to hear more Aoi Yuuki, but it would be nice to get more lore too.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Getting allJapanese VAs into one show would be one hell of a cast.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
There's ensemble casting and then there's trying to adapt a gacha game. At least there's tons of material and lore to draw on for set pieces and storylines. I'm most interested in how different the cities look in the anime.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

mycot posted:

So many people would be mad but it would be funny if even in an anime the Traveller still didnt talk.

I think I'd be more mad if they let Traveler have a personality.

Eimi posted:

I dunno, if it's just marketing boy that loses any desire I have to watch it.

It's still funny to me that Hoyo keeps claiming that there's no canon version of Traveler, yet Aether gets used in like 99% of the promotion work and in all the tutorial images after 1.0, and the only time Lumine ever shows up in official artwork is to pose with Aether.

I wish they'd at least give players artwork that corresponds with their Traveler in-game

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 4, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

I think I'd be more mad if they let Traveler had a personality.

It's still funny to me that Hoyo keeps claiming that there's no canon version of Traveler, yet Aether gets used in like 99% of the promotion work and in all the tutorial images after 1.0, and the only time Lumine ever shows up in official artwork is to pose with Aether.

I wish they'd at least give players artwork that corresponds with their Traveler in-game

And they do a much better job with the trailblazer, trading off in big pvs or trailers which one is there. I think Stelle appears more often, but Caelus isn't just related to Stelle AND Caelus like Lumine is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

with the penacony trailer caelus has actually appeared in more major trailers than stelle so its really funny when people complain about stelle favoritism

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

And they do a much better job with the trailblazer, trading off in big pvs or trailers which one is there. I think Stelle appears more often, but Caelus isn't just related to Stelle AND Caelus like Lumine is.

Yeah, Caelus appears in the Penacony trailer and Stelle is in her element the Great Tatrov(sp) trailer pretty prominently, it's nice that both get time.

Endorph posted:

with the penacony trailer caelus has actually appeared in more major trailers than stelle so its really funny when people complain about stelle favoritism

Caelus might be the intended canon version, but Stelle is the more memeable version

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think either is the 'intended canon' version, and if anything stelle is since there's been glitches where they accidentally showed stelle in game for caelus players. but they dont really favor one over the other in marketing

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Hot take but I think they should kill off Paimon in the story and start voicing the Traveller.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rio posted:

Hot take but I think they should kill off Paimon in the story and start voicing the Traveller.

How dare you.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

We should keep Paimon but also actually voice the Traveler. Seriously listen to the Traveler's voicelines, them actually playing off and responding to Paimon is legitimately great. Paimon is only grating because she is the only one talking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hBAPPDVmfc

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
If the multiple Honkai Impact 3rd Anime are any indication, which they might not be, expect full blown AU slice of life.

Which, tbf, I only watched the one about ELFs going to school because I hoped it would explain what the gently caress an ELF even is and would have Klein, the best side character, and neither of those things happened but it was still a fun show. So, I mean, I'd still totally watch a Genshin slice of life AU anime.

Probably.

I mean I still haven't watched Cooking With Valkyries and I do not even vaguely intend to watch Golden Courtyard, but still.

--Edit
Also in light of needing her Liyue item radar again, I would like to take a moment to remind everyone that Yanfei is great. What she lacks in damage she makes up for in ease of use, and honestly with Furina, Yelan, and Cloud Retainer she doesn't feel lacking in damage. Also her plunge attack is good.

Actually have people done the math on if Furina with her healing requirement closed the gap some between Hu Tao and the other pyro carries? Since Furina sorta keeps Hu Tao from using her low hp gimmick.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 4, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

i dont think either is the 'intended canon' version, and if anything stelle is since there's been glitches where they accidentally showed stelle in game for caelus players. but they dont really favor one over the other in marketing

i like the stelle x march official pic where stelle looks so bored

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I think I'm nearly done with the new zone. Really recommend it to anyone who might be a ways behind current stuff since it's all self-contained and lighter-hearted. It's also funny that the Traveler decides really early on to LARP the entire time just to irritate paimon and also decides to just dunk on a kid for absolutely no reason

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

I think I'm nearly done with the new zone. Really recommend it to anyone who might be a ways behind current stuff since it's all self-contained and lighter-hearted. It's also funny that the Traveler decides really early on to LARP the entire time just to irritate paimon and also decides to just dunk on a kid for absolutely no reason

Specifically to LARP as Xingqui.

That's important.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I definitely skipped / missed a few puzzles in the mad rush but did most of everything. Pretty good zone. Good puzzle mechanics. Good story. Good map design & quest flow. Uh, pretty good overall.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I usually blitz new areas, doing all the content in the first week, but this time I'm deliberately slow-rolling the new zone, starting sidequests but not continuing them, exploring and solving puzzles but marking the chests on the map instead of opening them. This area is going to be my "I dont feel like doing the commissions today" area for the next month or so I reckon. I have finished the main quest for the area and unlocked the... whatever the thing you turn in the spirit carp to is called. And established that the rewards for turning in spirit carp dont count towards commission completion.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shinji2015 posted:

I think I'd be more mad if they let Traveler have a personality.

Aether puts his arm around you. Leans in too close.

"There's no canon version" he says in a low voice.

Whispering "If you mention Lumine I'll loving kill you." Chills go down your spine. You freeze up, your throat won't move.

Suddenly Paimoin bursts into the room, all cheery "You're awake!".

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Eimi posted:

I'm personally hoping it's set during the Cataclysm so we get both Aether and Lumine, and you know the important lore of what the gently caress actually happened there.

Wh-why would they use the anime as an opportunity to spoil the finale of the game?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the anime will be a fairly bland but pretty adaptation of the monstadt and liyue archon quests with aether. nothing substantial will be changed. why would you expect anything else

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The upcoming Genshin anime is going to be a stalker anime where Ayaka constantly tracks down Aether and eliminates her romantic rivals like some kind of anime yandere steam dating game. Only Ayaka.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

the anime is shaping up to like the switch version, ie they announced it way too loving early and its not coming out any time soon

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Captain France posted:

Specifically to LARP as Xingqui.

That's important.
It was decently funny in the main World Quest. Then they let you keep doing it in every quest thereafter, and Paimon only gets madder.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Anytime they let Traveler have personality it's irritated or goofy as hell, I like it.

Anyway how about some rumors of 4.5 banners? Right now it's Itto/Chiori and Neuvillette/Kazuha and a third banner with Albedo & "Mondstat characters"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Xiao's team is kind of unbelievably good now, even with R1 Deathmatch and 2/2. Hard to imagine it ever improving from here.

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: were like a few days into the beta and Chiori went from probably pretty good but not Navia good to worse than Dehya in the average assessment virtually overnight it seems........okay :|

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Izzhov posted:

Wh-why would they use the anime as an opportunity to spoil the finale of the game?

The finale is Khaenri'ah and killing god to take their place though.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Right, so it only makes sense that they'd save the reveal of Khaenri'ah's most important secrets for the final chapter. Not to mention that in the first Dain quest the Abyss Twin (aka the current prince/princess of Khaenri'ah) explicitly tells you 'you'll only understand the reason for my actions at the end of your journey.'

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kale posted:

:lol: were like a few days into the beta and Chiori went from probably pretty good but not Navia good to worse than Dehya in the average assessment virtually overnight it seems........okay :|

wow a whole few days

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

I have to assume it's purely a reaction against the c1 tax. Navia was a geo who broke free of the mono-geo curse and is widely usable. She also doesn't have any single geo who's amazing for her. Chiori as a new geo was assumed to be that. And she is. However, you gotta pay the tax. I don't know where people are saying she's bad, at c0 without another construct, she's already much better than Albedo. With a construct or c1 she obliterates him from orbit. It's hard to compare because split scaling, but she's at least as good as Yae Miko, if not better. Trying to calc mv's of something like Xingqiu's burst is a pain and beyond what I care to do, ditto for comparing dual scaling to hp, however with a construct/c1 her skill's MV alone add up to equal Ayaka's burst. Long story short, that's a lot of damage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My ideal formula for the show is exaggerated slice of life focusing on character interactions because Teyvat is a weird world full of magic, bizarre powers and weird probably unique unrepeatable incidents and occasionally a fight with a boss or something. I wanna see a Fischl, Oz and Lisa conversation. Show everyone's favorite character; Klee being lovable enough that even a cynic like Rosaria and Eula can't maintain that attitude with her.

Also just randomly swap back and forth between Aether and Lumine either mid or every other episode and don't even comment on it.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

RareAcumen posted:

Also just randomly swap back and forth between Aether and Lumine either mid or every other episode and don't even comment on it.

The GranBlue anime kinda did this with Djeeta, so it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary...

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

First person pov silent protagonist and everyone else just calls them Traveler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Eimi posted:

I have to assume it's purely a reaction against the c1 tax.
I think a lot of it is people are seeing the preliminary state of the puppets and concluding that they don't function the way people assumed (I guess like Furina's crew?) and instead appear to be mostly stationary. And sure, if the puppets are stationary and have poor range (though again for the C1 tax, I believe it increases their range) that may limit the damage they do, but we don't know right now if the puppets are even supposed to be stationary.

It's probably an overcorrection from the initial numbers showing she just stomps Albedo in damage even at C0. It may be that such is true, but Albedo is much more consistently able to get his damage onto targets, in which case it's probably more balanced than the numbers suggest. But a lot of this is dependent on the assumption that the very jank puppet animations and movement (when pushed by enemies especially) are the final state and not subject to change or just broken on the private test servers, neither of which seems like a wise assumption to be making.