Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My Costco just started carrying Just Bare spicy chicken strips and I'm not at all surprised that they're amazing. It's the best new item they've gotten in in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
huh, i looked at the leaf branding and just assumed they were some vegan specialty meat substitute thing

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Just Bare breaded chicken filets for chicken and waffles are a Good Thing.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Smugworth posted:

Heres a good way to lose weight: eat more kimchi

I could do that by eating only mcdonalds, it passes through so fast I hardly absorb any calories.

What does kimchi go well with? It seems like an acquired taste.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SpeedFreek posted:

What does kimchi go well with?

Egg McMuffins.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Thirding the Just Bare chicken, I didn't know spicy was available :eyepop:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fatrick posted:

Red wine beef pie sounds loving awesome

loving the beef Wellington style pastry webbing

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

SpeedFreek posted:

I could do that by eating only mcdonalds, it passes through so fast I hardly absorb any calories.

You can eat it by itself, on rice, make a delicious simple soup, fried rice, put it in grilled cheeses and quesadillas. Use it instead of sauerkraut on hot dogs and sandwiches

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
You can make a nice kimchi tuna salad!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
There's a Kirkland brand of the Just Bare chicken (Kirkland lightly breaded chicken breast chunks) which are just as good if not better and even less expensive. They go well with chick fil a sauce.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Kirkland Brand paper towels are no longer individually wrapped!

I fear change and surely this is a change worth fearing.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I also like kimchi pancakes

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Last time I made my month grocery run and noticed that the kirkland black forest ham slice packs weren't there. They'd managed to keep the price at like $5.80 a pound for a long time and it looks like the only branded deli meat they have at my location are three packs with turkey and roast beef.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
My church only has hot dogs, chicken strips, fries, Poutine, and ice cream. We used to get chicken sandwiches and salads and other stuff, but not since COVID. It's all good stuff, but it's kinda boring that there are no options anymore.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I’d give it all up for combo to come back

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

SpeedFreek posted:

On the peninsula the answer would be :confused:"everything?!"

I also like it with eggs. Pairs really nicely with Hawaiian style breakfast of white rice, eggs and Portuguese sausage.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

SpeedFreek posted:

eat it straight from the danged jar

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
every single piece of savory korean food is designed to go w/ kimchi and rice

up to and including the sugared corn dogs, of which there is a kimchi flavor

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I’d give it all up for combo to come back

this

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

up to and including the sugared corn dogs, of which there is a kimchi flavor

these are good, but are they actually corn? tasted kind of like a rice flour or something

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
sometimes rice flour batter, sometimes yeasted risen wheat dough, sometimes quick dough (baking powder risen wheat dough)

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
bought the big cookie at 10am. It's 10pm and i'm still eating it.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Sloppy posted:

What's the star of death, a notice of discontinuing? I love Aussie Bites!

False alarm, my Costco had moved things around and it's the Energy Bars by the same company that won't be carried anymore.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

SpeedFreek posted:

If you haven't acquired the taste of kimchi it's going to pass through you even faster than McDonalds the first couple times.

Goes well on a Costco Hotdog, any dish involving rice where you want it to soak up some flavor, anything fatty or fishy where you want kimchi's acidic/spicy to cut through, or on its own is really good kinda like pickles from the jar.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

SpeedFreek posted:

The absolute b best thing I've found is hot dogs, brats, and other sausage meats

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Zero VGS posted:

If you haven't acquired the taste of kimchi it's going to pass through you even faster than McDonalds the first couple times.

Goes well on a Costco Hotdog, any dish involving rice where you want it to soak up some flavor, anything fatty or fishy where you want kimchi's acidic/spicy to cut through, or on its own is really good kinda like pickles from the jar.

Also grilled cheese.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Don't sleep on frying it like in stir fry or even as a base for a pancake kinda thing

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I can handle my kraut, I'll just see how different it is I guess.

I've never gone just for a grocery shopping trip since the two closest ones are both 40 minutes away plus I don't have a chest freezer anymore, I'm afraid of getting home and not having space for all the food.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

SpeedFreek posted:

I just like it with baked tofu and rice. Easy, simple, healthy lunch.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Just went to church, got the winix air filter for my office and some pacific gold beef jerky

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what are some frozen section gems, for someone with an air fryer who isn't afraid to use it?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

smoobles posted:

what are some frozen section gems, for someone with an air fryer who isn't afraid to use it?

anything from korea that appears fryable

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

The Kirkland croissant bacon & egg breakfast sandwiches are exactly the same as the far more expensive ones you get from Starbucks so if you have an air fryer/convection oven and happen to be extremely addicted to them like I am it’ll save you a lot of money

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
For air fryer I'd say get their "Ultimate Fish Stick (tm)" brand that they carry, they're solid cuts of fish and good fish-to-breading ratio. Find some prepared horseradish, don't be basic and only use ketchup.

The Kirkland croissant bacon & egg breakfast sandwiches are exactly the same as the far more expensive ones you get from Starbucks so if you have an air fryer/convection oven and happen to be extremely addicted to them like I am it’ll save you a lot of money

Getting the Kirkland bagels/bacon/eggs and a block of Government Cheese is gonna get you many breakfast sandwiches for not much effort. You can fry the bacon, then cook the egg in the bacon fat and shred some cheese on top, while you're waiting for the bagel to toast. But you gotta freeze bagels you're not using since they go moldy in 2 days.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Deathlove posted:

Just Bare breaded chicken filets for chicken and waffles are a Good Thing.

I found those chicken filets so poo poo quality that I had to throw away the bag after one try. Stringy and frozen fried chicken is gross.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Getting the Kirkland bagels/bacon/eggs and a block of Government Cheese is gonna get you many breakfast sandwiches for not much effort. You can fry the bacon, then cook the egg in the bacon fat and shred some cheese on top, while you're waiting for the bagel to toast. But you gotta freeze bagels you're not using since they go moldy in 2 days.

Well yes you can definitely make your own cheaper but if you specifically like the Starbucks ones that’s mostly what I’m referring to.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Me and the wife copped the belkin 3 in 1 chargers for a song as well as some double bread. The kicker? the bread expiures inm 5 days. Costoco spreading the mess not the message. nearly half a loaf per day clip to use in time. Is this what they want?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

smoobles posted:

The spanakopita is good value. Mandu dumplings are really good. Skip the crab rangoons, things of that nature, that they have right now.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

smoobles posted:

Cheese curds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Well yes you can definitely make your own cheaper but if you specifically like the Starbucks ones that’s mostly what I’m referring to.

I can't believe anyone would buy food at a Starbucks, I can hardly believe people can put up with their "coffee" :smugdog: