Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
imagine Bude’s dad in here razzing him about his poor financial choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

trilobite terror posted:

imagine Bude’s dad in here razzing him about his poor financial choices

I get enough of that irl thank you. You should have seen his expression when he admired my studio display and I told him it cost more than his Mac.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

you should see mine

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

I get enough of that irl thank you. You should have seen his expression when he admired my studio display and I told him it cost more than his Mac.

Sounds like a perfect fit for this thread tbh.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The Lord Bude posted:

Just wait until you tell him you paid some jackass from Charlotte 10 dollars to post on his stupid website.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Warbird posted:

Just wait until you tell him you paid some jackass from Charlotte 10 dollars to post on his stupid website.

Nah, my friend bought me the account as a
present back in high school. I have far better ways to trigger him. He just doesn’t comprehend my mindset at all; to him life is some kind of video game where you have to try and grind out the highest possible score

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

This is entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvkgmyfMPks

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

And no point does he get the poo poo kicked out of him, so not really

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
god neistat sucks so much

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

And no point does he get the poo poo kicked out of him, so not really

https://x.com/ayeejuju/status/1754062178284679295?s=46&t=DvvqeOcggle6VW8Wu5D9WA

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
why is casey even still a thing in this day and age, it's not like he's done anything of note in the last decade, or the one before that either

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Yeah, we are in the worst timeline.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

Yeah, we are in the worst timeline.

Yeah and I am sure it won't surprise you when I tell you there are other videos of tesla drivers doing the same thing. At least one did get pulled over though.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah and I am sure it won't surprise you when I tell you there are other videos of tesla drivers doing the same thing. At least one did get pulled over though.

I really don't understand the mindset behind those type of people, but I also don't know why anyone would want a Cybertruck (besides believing it shows prestige or something). I continue to think that the idea of the Cybertruck was born from Musk being high and wondering to himself what a truck made by John DeLorean would have looked like.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Marques Brownlee pointed out on threads that the headset doesn't actually support multitouch, so those videos are almost certainly all fake. Also if you're in motion like that your apps are constantly flying away from you

e: oh it's just the keyboard that doesn't. So who knows.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
https://gizmodo.com/apple-vision-pro-tesla-driver-arrested-autopilot-1851224830

quote:

Tesla Driver ‘Arrested’ for Driving With Apple Vision Pro Says It Was Just a ‘Skit’

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well that’s a shame

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

trilobite terror posted:

god neistat sucks so much

YouTube was better when Casey was making fun daily videos while (illegally ) flying his drones everywhere to get cool shots and watching his wife hate him more and more while they both got richer and richer from it.

Everyone trying to be like Casey made for better YouTube content. Then Mr Beast rolled along and ate that kind of content like the black hole he is.

At least we still have cozy desk set up videos and fun and insane video essays on video games.

Vision Pro Wise, in 4 or 5 versions I plan on getting one for plane rides and working in coffee shops, because by then it will be sick.

That is, if they can beat the collapse of climate/rise of fascism.

I’m ready for Mac studios to hit M3 and hopefully justify a high end one for local machine learning that doesn’t cost 6 grand.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

LionArcher posted:

YouTube was better when Casey was making fun daily videos while (illegally ) flying his drones everywhere to get cool shots and watching his wife hate him more and more while they both got richer and richer from it.

Everyone trying to be like Casey made for better YouTube content. Then Mr Beast rolled along and ate that kind of content like the black hole he is.

:words:

Casey supports genocide in Gaza

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Mac Hardware - Vision Pro Sucks, I'd Rather Chat About Genocide

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
How can I insert middle eastern conflict into every thread challenge 2024

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

trilobite terror posted:

Casey supports genocide in Gaza

Wait what? Source? Also is this like he tweeted out something pro Israel or the way Taylor swift is pro gencocide because she dared to take a picture with Lana d Ray on the red carpet.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mac Hardware

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

LionArcher posted:

Wait what? Source? Also is this like he tweeted out something pro Israel or the way Taylor swift is pro gencocide because she dared to take a picture with Lana d Ray on the red carpet.

You can look it up yourself. Just one of many reasons why he sucks and why the internet wouldn’t be better if we “went back to the days when everybody wanted to be like Casey”

like others have said this is the Mac thread (so pls no more posting VR goggle bullshit unless it relates to interoperability with Macs and MacOS)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Apple Vision Pro literally the glasses from They Live, right down to everything saying Consume/Obey.

Mofabio
May 15, 2003
(y - mx)*(1/(inf))*(PV/RT)*(2.718)*(V/I)

Mister Facetious posted:

Apple Vision Pro literally the glasses from They Live, right down to everything saying Consume/Obey.

I feel like maybe you haven't seen that movie in a while.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Mofabio posted:

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
casey looks like a literal troll

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

he looks like he let The One Ring slip through his hands

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mofabio posted:

Your problem is you think that's bad, whereas for Apple, it's a feature.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Your problem is you think that's bad, whereas for Apple, it's a feature.

roddy piper didn't pay 3500usd for his glasses to be one of the lizard aliens

e. i haven't seen that movie in awhile either though

Jeff Fatwood fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 8, 2024

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jeff Fatwood posted:

roddy piper didn't pay 3500usd for his glasses to be one of the lizard aliens

Apple customers totally would. They want to be part of the ecosystem

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
No, ffs. The point of the glasses in the movie is that they expose the subliminal messaging underneath normal advertising and media, and show the people who are aliens (usually in positions of influence and power) for what they are.

Roddy puts on the glasses and he looks at a Coke billboard and it says “CONSUME” or the cover of a fashion magazine and it says “MARRY AND REPRODUCE” because those are the hidden actual messages printed on them, covered up and manipulated to look benign by movie alien technology. He looks at a TV, at newscasters and politicians and celebrities and business leaders, and they’re all aliens because of course they would be.

It’s not like the glasses are projecting or superimposing poo poo onto the real world. They’re like polarized in a special way where they neutralize the alien scifi rays. And yeah, duh, it’s all an allegory about class interest and capitalism.

VR/AR goggles are like literally and conceptually the opposite of how the They Live glasses work.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

trilobite terror posted:

No, ffs. The point of the glasses in the movie is that they expose the subliminal messaging underneath normal advertising and media, and show the people who are aliens (usually in positions of influence and power) for what they are.

Roddy puts on the glasses and he looks at a Coke billboard and it says “CONSUME” or the cover of a fashion magazine and it says “MARRY AND REPRODUCE” because those are the hidden actual messages printed on them, covered up and manipulated to look benign by movie alien technology. He looks at a TV, at newscasters and politicians and celebrities and business leaders, and they’re all aliens because of course they would be.

It’s not like the glasses are projecting or superimposing poo poo onto the real world. They’re like polarized in a special way where they neutralize the alien scifi rays. And yeah, duh, it’s all an allegory about class interest and capitalism.

VR/AR goggles are like literally and conceptually the opposite of how the They Live glasses work.

So it’s exactly like the AVP then.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I finally picked up a Belkin thunderbolt express dock to add FireWire capabilities to my Mac, I haven’t had chance to hook it up to the DV deck yet but the USB performance has me a little bit concerned. Trying to copy stuff from an SD card reader to the internal SSD is an ok speed, but will consistently drop connection and not finish the 4gb fileset. Moving it to my Anker USB hub and it goes faster and has zero issue. Something that is a known issue with these things, or have I picked up one that’s showing its age. I have a midi keyboard hooked up to it too that I haven’t seen freak out, it simply seems to be when it’s maxing out on data.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

trilobite terror posted:

What I'm saying is that Apple doesn't want to hide it; they want you to see it, because they consider those good things.
See the AR ads, see the whatever Facebook calls the metaverse. Buy Product on Amazon presented by your favorite vr celebrity.
Please view this flatpck furniture in real time 3d in your home.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 9, 2024

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

see the whatever Facebook calls the metaverse

I think this one doesn't fit. Facebook wants "the metaverse" as this separate world it controls and makes everyone do everything through, or basically, Ready Player One's dystopia; Apple instead wants to overlay all this stuff on the world you already live in (and skim 15-30% off the top, of course), which could still be labeled a dystopia but isn't even close to the same kind of experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

What I'm saying is that Apple doesn't want to hide it; they want you to see it, because they consider those good things.
See the AR ads, see the whatever Facebook calls the metaverse. Buy Product on Amazon presented by your favorite vr celebrity.
Please view this flatpck furniture in real time 3d in your home.

This still sounds like a freshman-level twisting of They Live to make your point about how VR sucks and a lot is designed to further enable consumerism, and also not "exactly like ... They Live"