Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Does anyone else find Narmaya a bit awkward to play? I can't figure out the proper timing for the dawnfly stance combo to swap back.

Easiest way to figure it out is go to the dummy and when you are doing the combo finishers that lead to the stance swap, the triangle move in the hud display will change names so when it does that, that's when you know to hit the button. In free stance it's at the end of the buzzsaw attack and in dawn stance it's during the second hit while she's sheathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh ok that helps, thank you.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I should also note that the stance swaps can chain like any other combo move so if you dodge or link attack or anything you can usually follow it up with the stance swap, even if you do weird poo poo like barely start the buzz saw attack and trigger a link attack right at the start of the animation. You should still be able to do the swap finisher into dawnfly. The only time this is tricky is following a SB.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Working my way through Maniac difficulty. Multi boss quests are hosed up! e: Maniac Gallanza is also hosed up, jesus.

Been trying a stun/link focused build for Ghandagoza and it feels good to play imo. He gets 50% more damage cap for his charge attack from his specific sigil so I don't feel bad about not stacking a ton of damage cap sigils.

I should start making more of an effort to clear adds and use their throwables.

https://i.imgur.com/iJSmKQY.mp4

e: That feeling when you hit Raging Fist alongside the Full Burst finisher :sickos:

https://i.imgur.com/UZSo946.mp4

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 4, 2024

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Does anyone else find Narmaya a bit awkward to play? I can't figure out the proper timing for the dawnfly stance combo to swap back.

Watch her animations, there'll be a kira-kira anime-rear end starburst animation whenever her combo finishes and is ready to do the stance swap, just press the stance swap button whenever you see it.

My Vas is currently stuck at 350k damage cap but it turns out that elemental weakness lets you bypass the damage cap and it also turns out that Magielle is weak to dark, so Vas was just chunking Extreme Magielle and her weapons for 425k a pop.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
How do you even know if you're hitting the damage cap?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/squidsplosion/status/1753996747263668355

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mechafunkzilla posted:

How do you even know if you're hitting the damage cap?

If you see a specific number pop up a lot, that's your current damage cap.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

When I first heard Percy call Vane mongrel outside of the SBA I didn't know whether to be offended for him, but then Vane did *that* and now I'm here for it

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Countblanc posted:

End of msq: I haven't played the mobile game so maybe "Astrals can fuse with Primals" was a known thing and all the mobage players were hooting and hollering,

End of MSQ and mobile game: It is a known thing and that has proven important before. However I do agree that the game suffers from ending fatigue, it's as if Cygames came up with 3 different endings to the story and instead of picking one, they decided to go with all 3 back to back.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For the Quest Counter, what would be the best Quest to do for weapon level uncap materials?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

For the Quest Counter, what would be the best Quest to do for weapon level uncap materials?

Different materials by weapon so it’s not a straight answer.

I have the same question though… like I needed 2 brown dragon scales to uncap a weapon and I had no idea where to get them. I ended up getting them from an appraisal curio and still don’t know.

I checked the journal to see if it tells you where to find stuff, since the shop does tell you what quests items are tied to, but couldn’t find it. Maybe you need to add them to the wishlist and that highlights them somewhere? Unsure.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

ultrachrist posted:

Different materials by weapon so it’s not a straight answer.

I have the same question though… like I needed 2 brown dragon scales to uncap a weapon and I had no idea where to get them. I ended up getting them from an appraisal curio and still don’t know.

I checked the journal to see if it tells you where to find stuff, since the shop does tell you what quests items are tied to, but couldn’t find it. Maybe you need to add them to the wishlist and that highlights them somewhere? Unsure.

Yeah. Add them to your wishlist, then go to the quest counter. Enter the screen where you can pick quests and hit square and it will bring up your wishlist. You can then select an item and it will load up the quests that you can get that item from.

Currently mad at the game. Working on upgrading ascension weapons to 150 and the mats that I am currently missing from all of them are dropped by assorted elemental dragons. The drop isn't guaranteed and it requires specific parts to be broken and the game really sucks at telling you what can be broken and when something is broken. It's kinda easy to guess; presumably I get the horn from breaking the horns, but the only way to catch that they're broken is if you see a mat drop show up on the lefthand side of the screen. Or blessedly, these quests have "break all breakable parts" as a quest objective so you can know.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Ghandagoza is real cool but his gimmick of really needing to keep his combo string going uninterrupted and charging up for one huge attack feels pretty bad for a lot of the main story quests where you're fighting waves of little dudes instead of big bosses.
Maybe I'll pick him back up after playing through the main story and reaching the "now it's just monster hunter go grind bosses a lot" mode.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jesus, some of the enemies get up to level 125 that I have seen so far. But your character level cap is 100? :prepop:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I said come in! posted:

jesus, some of the enemies get up to level 125 that I have seen so far. But your character level cap is 100? :prepop:

character level really doesn't matter, it's all about your stats/power level. like I can hit damage cap and have 60k health on my lvl 60 chars if I give them endgame sigils and weapons

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
any idea what this red icon means?

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Hit credits, I think the ending lost a little momentum but it was still a lovely time. And I'm glad to see we still have some story for those 8 postgame quests. I'm really hoping for a rematch version of some of those unwinnable pseudo-fights, and I will be VERY surprised if Lilith isn't down to fight some more after merely getting pushed off a ledge.

Now that the Captain isn't a mandatory part of party, I grabbed Ferry, and she's quite fun to play! I was hoping for something a little less button mashy, and those press and hold whip attacks feel very nice. Seems like a less technical Rosetta with more appealing aesthetics that I find easier to understand. Probably going to main her for this next chunk, though the spoiler character also feels very fun.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Failboattootoot posted:

Currently mad at the game. Working on upgrading ascension weapons to 150 and the mats that I am currently missing from all of them are dropped by assorted elemental dragons. The drop isn't guaranteed and it requires specific parts to be broken and the game really sucks at telling you what can be broken and when something is broken. It's kinda easy to guess; presumably I get the horn from breaking the horns, but the only way to catch that they're broken is if you see a mat drop show up on the lefthand side of the screen. Or blessedly, these quests have "break all breakable parts" as a quest objective so you can know.

I swear it seems the whole genre suffers from this complaint. I'm sure someone will write up drop tables eventually but it is annoying.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah. Add them to your wishlist, then go to the quest counter. Enter the screen where you can pick quests and hit square and it will bring up your wishlist. You can then select an item and it will load up the quests that you can get that item from.

Cool thanks, that worked. But if you haven’t had an item drop yet can you still add it to the wishlist? Didn’t seem able to from the weapon uncap screen.

Edit: answering my own question: you can do it from the uncap screen, need to hit square to open details then triangle to wishlist

ultrachrist fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 4, 2024

Orv
May 4, 2011

Countblanc posted:

any idea what this red icon means?

That person is in a menu or otherwise unable to respond, though I think the only thing that causes it other than menus is traveling between Folca and Seedhallow.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Also while I am complaining, damage cap is the dumbest stat!!!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Concepts like damage cap and supplemental damage should've been left behind in the gacha game. Agreed.

Now I'm left wondering if crit works like the gacha game where it's kinda like bonus damage or what

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Got into Proud. The quest to rank up out of Maniac is hosed up, prepare to tweak your build for even more damage and be willing to retry the quest if you get a group that makes it even halfway through.

Guessing most people's builds will look like this going into Proud. Waiting til you get Damage Cap V sigils and full upgrades to free up slots for the things you actually want to use. Obviously I'll be able to swtich off of Potion Hoarder at some point once the end game community and myself are more experienced with the game, but until then I am chugging pots like nobody's business.

Had to swap out my super armor skill to get the damage aura. Self buffed I'm getting close to a million charged hit damage on the dummy though!

e: after 30 minutes crafting, shopping, and regearing

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 5, 2024

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Diephoon posted:

Got into Proud. The quest to rank up out of Maniac is hosed up, prepare to tweak your build for even more damage and be willing to retry the quest if you get a group that makes it even halfway through.

It's such a piece of poo poo!!!

Edit: Got him! I'd been doing it solo, tried it online and got him with the 2nd group.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 5, 2024

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Ghandagoza is real cool but his gimmick of really needing to keep his combo string going uninterrupted and charging up for one huge attack feels pretty bad for a lot of the main story quests where you're fighting waves of little dudes instead of big bosses.
Maybe I'll pick him back up after playing through the main story and reaching the "now it's just monster hunter go grind bosses a lot" mode.

I also had a terrible time playing him in the story. I feel like I have been greatly rewarded by sticking it out with him. He is absolutely better to play once you start getting into the post game gearing systems.

Knowing what I do now, I wish I had just played through the story as Siegfried. Practicing timed attacks on him will get you used to maintaining combo attack rhythm, and he's a great character in his own right while not having his damage all in one charge attack basket like Ghand. If you like Ghand though it feels incredible when you pull off his attacks. Whenever I play other characters I keep thinking "I could be a badass Fist of the North Star grandpa right now."

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Here are your defensive options in Proud (especially multi-mon arenas):
- Guts
- Autorevive (doesn't count towards the objective critical/faint number)
- Invincible buff from either Vane or Katalina
- Pot Hoarder on your controlled character
- gosu iframing

The endurance fights have MMO/Dragalia Lost style DPS checks so make sure you're damage cap capped

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Gyoru posted:

- Guts
- gosu iframing

The endurance fights have MMO/Dragalia Lost style DPS checks so make sure you're damage cap capped

You can also stack damage cuts in this game, unlike the Gacha where they have to come from different types of sources, so Charlotta's cut + Phalanx II or higher is a 100% cut.

EDIT: Also, Enmity attackers should stock up on Garrison (Def up as HP down) for survivability. There's not an equivilent Stamina def up, though, so Stamina attackers should look for cuts and def up.

Neito fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 5, 2024

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Gyoru posted:

- Guts
- gosu iframing

Blocking worked reasonably well on the pride entrance quest. Like when the stupid dragon does his dashes that cover half the arena, I could block 3 out of 4 of them to no ill effect. Also always just blocked his lazer sweep for safety.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
going to be honest i have not used the block button in a fight once in the last twenty hours but i suspect maybe i should start to

with the crewmate cards, i see that the level that you get characters goes up as you level up. what's that max out at, and should i just wait until i'm at that max level to get all the characters? i guess they'll level up as i go if i just get a bunch of characters now (i'm sitting on 5 cards lol), but they also start with more masteries unlocked and higher level weapons if i wait, i assume

i do wish this game had slightly more guidance about where i should be trying to get characters to in terms of masteries/weapon upgrades beyond the PWR number

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 5, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

At the start of maniac it goes up to them joining at 60 and I think that's the highest it gets?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

abraham linksys posted:

going to be honest i have not used the block button in a fight once in the last twenty hours but i suspect maybe i should start to

You can dodge out of a block so a lot of times it's a good option I think.

I've gotten a couple double unique sigils, Charlotta's in particular seems crazy good.

5 seconds of invincibility sounds like an eternity. On top of that she has a personal invincibility skill and a 50% team damage cut skill. She can also distribue her SBA gauge with a skills so I'm wondering how much you can even build for SBA generation. Assuming her skill cooldown trait stacks with Cascade and there's no internal cooldown on those.

I'm not particularly interested in playing Yoda, the ones i've seen in MP have either been untouchable gods or on the floor every time there's something you're supposed to avoid. His sigil traits don't seem particuarly interesting imo, they'll just make him pump even harder. I guess if you could stack team Mirror Image that might be cool?

I also got a Yoda unique trait and ranged attack damage on the same sigil, interesting that things can roll that way if you're only interested in one specific unique trait and not the other.

Improved Dodge has been a gamechanger and I haven't even maxed it out yet. I was reading the Charlotta channel in the reddit discord and someone in there said they have a sigil that turns every dodge into a perfect dodge.

e: My game got soft locked during matchmaking so I alt f4'd, not realizing I hadn't saved recently, so I lost the Charlotta sigil. Save before you start matchmaking I guess!

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 5, 2024

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

The DPS checks really shouldn't be much of an issue, as long as your group is saving chain burst for those phases. You shouldn't have to respec to maximize damage or anything.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Diephoon posted:

e: My game got soft locked during matchmaking so I alt f4'd, not realizing I hadn't saved recently, so I lost the Charlotta sigil. Save before you start matchmaking I guess!

as much as i commend this game for not being "always online," i suppose this is the bummer downside of it :(

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

as much as i commend this game for not being "always online," i suppose this is the bummer downside of it :(

Does mean you can cheat the sigil/curio set though.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just completed Chapter 3 and yep, this part was made by Platinum all right. Was anyone else playing on Hard for the story campaign? It's not giving me much trouble but I think that is mostly by design.

Also, I want to verify what happened with the development of this game, at least as far as we know and will probably ever know. From what I heard:

1. Cygames goes to Platinum for this game. They work out the initial scope and time frame and agree to it, and they get to work.
2.The timeframe comes and goes but Cygames decide that they want to expand the scope of the game beyond what was initially agreed.
3. For whatever reason, Cygames does not extend the contract with Platinum.
4. Platinum hands over development of the game to Cygames to develop internally. I also hear that the director for the game during the time with Platinum was also poached over.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

someone really needs to skim through the literal 15 minutes of credits this game has to see if platinum is in there, because just about every other company in the world who has ever thought of the word "granblue" seems to be (spoilers ofc in the art that's alongside the credits) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNAaut_6bhs

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Unlucky7 posted:

Just completed Chapter 3 and yep, this part was made by Platinum all right. Was anyone else playing on Hard for the story campaign? It's not giving me much trouble but I think that is mostly by design.

Also, I want to verify what happened with the development of this game, at least as far as we know and will probably ever know. From what I heard:

1. Cygames goes to Platinum for this game. They work out the initial scope and time frame and agree to it, and they get to work.
2.The timeframe comes and goes but Cygames decide that they want to expand the scope of the game beyond what was initially agreed.
3. For whatever reason, Cygames does not extend the contract with Platinum.
4. Platinum hands over development of the game to Cygames to develop internally. I also hear that the director for the game during the time with Platinum was also poached over.

It's not clear how much of the delay was from Platinum spinning their wheels and how much was scope creep from Cygames, but yeah, that's about the size of it.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Unlucky7 posted:

The game ramps up the spectacle and the difficulty from Chapter 6 onward imo. I spent a lot of time on the floor but I never failed any fights. I did end up speccing the rest of my party for support while I struggled through as Ghand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/miyukitoka/status/1753438419261563203