Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the only other weird thing i heard about foley was asking another wrestler to hold his hand while he was banging a fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mulaney Power Move posted:

didn't a goon say he was an autograph signing foley was doing and he saw mick ignore a kid in a wheelchair or something because he was too busy trying to pick up on a milf. i think that's probably the worst thing i heard about foley and it's not really that bad, pretty understandable actually.

Yeah, it's funny when you watch The Wrestler and he's like damaged but trying a little bit to be better, the worst thing about him is he is an inattentive father, occasionally does drugs and has a tendency towards self-destruction. Right there he's pretty much the best big-name professional wrestler to ever live.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the most unbelieveable thing about the wrestler is that someone who was as big as randy wasnt finding ways to run companies into the ground by making himself the star

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stone cold is a wifebeater

well gently caress :smith:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The young guys tend to be pretty good dudes so at least the culture backstage seems to have changed for the better.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

MrQwerty posted:

There ain't no heroes in wrestling, except maybe Foley

Molly Holly and Terry Funk are pretty much universally adored.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I. M. Gei posted:

well gently caress :smith:

if it helps he's said before that he was on a bunch of crank for that entire run and afaik is not currently beating his wife

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

OP is now fully updated with all the stories from this thread to date, get readin'

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

FullLeatherJacket posted:

if it helps he's said before that he was on a bunch of crank for that entire run and afaik is not currently beating his wife

afaik he has apologized and not been caught doing it since which puts him above 95% of other wrestlers

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the rock's daughter is the gm of nxt and i lol'd when i found out

if people want to know how bad her wrestling career is going, she has no sports background and has had 3 different knee surgeries before the age 19 and a total of 3 tv matches since being with wwe for the 4 years she's been under contract (she's been training in wwe without a contract since 2017 too)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stone cold is a wifebeater

Stone Cold Steve Lowtax.

Goes out to the ring, chugs a mangosteen bans a few posters.
Both had hosed up necks.

I'm glad I got to see all three (at the time) major promotions at what was probably the height of two of them within the span of 2-3 years or so in the late 90s.

WCW Monday Nitro, Some sort of ECW show I think it was a televised one, and a WWF house show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lowtax's bad neck was a work

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Defiance Industries posted:

The young guys tend to be pretty good dudes so at least the culture backstage seems to have changed for the better.

love it when some old guy complains about how all the young wrestlers just play video games in the locker room instead of holding wrestling court or whatever

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

KungFu Grip posted:

lowtax's bad neck was a work

He worked his head into a shoot

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

:chanpop:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

John Wick of Dogs posted:

whoa

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

, brother.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

:vince:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Close the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gev_Phjl764

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

:holymoley:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

More damaging than every diving headbutt Benoit ever did.

Also, Hefty, I forgot one of my entries, the last one.

Christmas Special Post: OH HO NO (Or, Xanta Klaus Is...Already Gone)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3991949&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=169#post536748862

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmfao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ahahahhaha

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

there's some wild poo poo going on in Japan, bushiroad, owners of stardom, just fired Rossy Ogawa, the founder of the promotion

according to insiders he was poaching talent and is going to the wwe

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

:drat:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

AlmightyBob posted:

there's some wild poo poo going on in Japan, bushiroad, owners of stardom, just fired Rossy Ogawa, the founder of the promotion

Does this have to do with Guila going to WWE as well?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
loving lmao at the thread title. Well played whichever goon that was.

Vince remains a poo poo. Company remains a poo poo. Watching this and the PSP thread with great interest to see how this develops. Really puts Vince yelling "Come on out, you RAPIST!" In the Attitude era in a new light. He could've been talking about any number of people!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

AlmightyBob posted:

That's not what's happening. Here's what we know as of right now:

About 9 or 10 months ago, Rossy lost booking control over Stardom. The previous president was a lovely greedy executive who started overriding Rossy's decisions and booking a ton more shows so that BushiRoad profits would increase. The house show and PPV schedule increased to an insane pace that resulted in a large number of injuries late last year. This included the 3 most popular wrestlers, Tam Nakano, Natsupoi, and Starlight Kid, among others (Koguma, Utami, Saya Kamitani, Momo Kohgo to name a few). People had been complaining about this behind the scenes for a long time and finally Giulia spoke up about it. The results was that BushiRoad did an investigation where they interviewed the top talent about what was going on. The result was that the president of Stardom got fired and the new guy who replaced him claims to be a wrestling fan. He basically cancelled the trios tournament and changed it to a one day thing to keep fans sort of happy, but this year's schedule is supposed to be easier and hopefully we see less injuries and burnout

However, last year while all this was going on, Rossy apparently decided that if he can't have full booking control and influence over the schedule, he wanted to start his own promotion and take a bunch of people with him. When he re-signed his contract 5 years ago he was told he would maintain full booking control but as mentioned that changed last year and that apparently really pissed him off. So now that a bunch of Stardom contracts end in March he was going to leave and start a new promotion. He was offered a contract renewal and turned it down. Everyone agreed that Feb 18th was going to be his last day with the company but I guess right before the 13th anniversary show someone ratted him out to BushiRoad and they fired him the day after the show

Rossy is not going to WWE and right now it doesn't look like Giulia is either. We've had some hints about this recently. Someone had asked Giulia if she was going to hire an agent to negotiate potential offers after her contract ran out in March and she said no, which confused a lot of people. It would make sense to hire an agent if you're going to be dealing with the WWE. But it looks like her plan all along was to follow Rossy to a new promotion. Additionally, Mai Sakurai, who was a member of Giulia's unit Donna del Mondo (which was disbanded by Giulia late last year), said that she was going to follow Giulia wherever she went. This made a lot of fans react with "I'm sorry Mai but WWE isn't going to hire you too" but now her statement makes perfect sense because if Giulia is going to follow Rossy to a new promotion then Mai is going there too

And all BR has to do to prevent all this from happening is just give Rossy the book back. Just let the guy who was instrumental in making Stardom the #2 promotion in Japan do his thing. And what's hilarious is that the 2 guys who are going to be booking Stardom now are the new president, who has never been a booker before, and a guy who was in charge of merch sales. Yeah

Anyway, I'm not sure what WWE would even do with Rossy if he went there. I don't think he's bilingual so he couldn't even really be a road agent and they're sure as hell not going to add him to the creative team

We're not sure if Rossy still has some kind of no compete clause that he has to honor, and if he does then he may have to wait until October to start his new promotion. And we also don't know how many people will leave with him. Joshi don't make a lot of money and Stardom pays the most. However if BushiRoad management sucks as bad as everyone says they do then maybe the money isn't worth it. Most of the locker room likes Rossy a lot, especially since he gave a lot of them their big break in Stardom. But there's no way they're going to make the same money in a new startup promotion, at least not right away

As for Stardom's relationship with AEW, it seems a bit rockier than we may have thought. A lot of AEW fans, including myself, have been wondering why we haven't seen any Stardom talent in AEW, especially at the Forbidden Door PPVs since that's the AEW/NJPW crossover show and BushiRoad owns both NJPW and Stardom. I don't know if this rumor is true but apparently when Tony Khan started AEW 5 years ago he tried to sign Mayu Iwatani, who is basically like the Jon Moxley of Stardom. She's been there since Day 1 and is the reliable ace who has won every title multiple times. This apparently caused a beef between TK and Rossy that lingered, and the best guess is that Rossy prevented Stardom talent from appearing in AEW. When the news broke that Rossy had been fired, TK was tweeting some cryptic gifs on twitter that many people think were celebrating Rossy's firing. Additionally, this gives insight into how AEW signed Mariah May after her Stardom contract expired. According to Mariah, TK reached out to her personally to see if she was interested in AEW and Mariah didn't tell anyone until after she had left because apparently she didn't trust Rossy to keep it secret. To further add to the confusion, Megan Bayne showed up in Stardom last year as a monster heel foreigner and we found out that she had already signed with AEW and asked to go to Stardom for a while to improve, and obviously TK said OK to that. So we really have no idea what's going on between Rossy and AEW but fans like me are currently hopeful that maybe at this year's Forbidden Door we'll see Mayu Iwatani defending her IWGP Women's Championship against someone in AEW. I'd love to see the NJPW Strong Women's title defended as well but it definitely won't be Giulia holding it. That also means at least 3 women's matches on a single PPV because the AEW Women's Championship should also be defended but we know TK will never put that many women's matches on a big PPV so we'll see what happens

So now we wait and see

If new management decides to have Tam Nakano beat Maika for the World of Stardom Championship next month then I'm honestly probably done with Stardom aside from checking in occasionally. Tam is a really good wrestler and yeah she's popular and sells tickets and merch but her time is over. There were many rumors that she was going to retire at the end of last year after dropping the red belt but I don't think Maika was the one who was supposed to beat her if none of the major injuries had happened. I also get that Tam was never pinned or submitted for the title so she deserves a shot at it, but I'll be pretty upset if Maika only gets to hold the belt for a couple months the same way Giulia did before she lost it to, you guessed it, Tam Nakano. Tam definitely deserved a red belt run before she retired but it really sucks that they screwed over Giulia like that and Maika is in her prime and can carry the company just fine. I really don't want the cutesy but mean girls from high school ruling the place again, and yes I know that's a very American way to look at it and Japanese fans see it differently. Maika rules and deserves a nice long run and Tam needs to pass the torch

Anyway I probably missed some details but I can post them later

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 5, 2024

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Elephant Ambush posted:

When the news broke that Rossy had been fired, TK was tweeting some cryptic gifs on twitter that many people think were celebrating Rossy's firing.

Nothing cryptic about it when one is him saying "Bye, Rossy!"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lol that booking control in the hands of talent will always be the loving One Ring of pro-wrestling, and I'm glad that it's happening to WWE.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the belt is mine, cody

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

Lol that booking control in the hands of talent will always be the loving One Ring of pro-wrestling, and I'm glad that it's happening to WWE.

HHH: One does not simply walk in to WWE and get the book!

The Rock: :smuggo:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

SirPhoebos posted:

Who else has had the book in promotions over the years?

I know Hogan had CC in TNA during his tenure. Flair had the book in the 90s for a bit in WCW

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Okuteru posted:

I know Hogan had CC in TNA during his tenure. Flair had the book in the 90s for a bit in WCW

Dusty Rhodes in JCP during the 1980s is probably the most well-known example of this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Okuteru posted:

Kevin Nash had a few runs in WCW.

Edit: Kevin Sullivan, top (this is what led to Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Saturn and Malenko asking for their releases and immediately jumping to WWE).

Timby fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 5, 2024

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Okuteru posted:

Kevin Nash got the book in WCW and immediately booked himself to lose a retirement match is the gold standard

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Okuteru posted:

Jeff Jarrett in TNA. Cody Rhodes in AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
HHH may be a shithead but it seems (and correct me if I'm wrong on this) that he genuinely does care about the storylines, creating actual cool matches, developing talent and things like that, which makes it all the more lol that the Rock of all people comes back out of nowhere