Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

How the gently caress do none of you nerds know what change smells like? What kind of existence are you living where you've never held coins in your hand? This is honestly the wildest poo poo, I feel like you're all gaslighting me or something.

Most goons were raised in locked attic rooms, living off condensed milk spoon-fed to them by a woman they called Mother, who had stolen them from their stroller on a balmy June afternoon while their real mother was distracted throwing back a frisbee to some kids. While Mother did cruelly forbid ever leaving the attic, she at least had the kindness to buy them a dented Dell Latitude laptop from the secondhand store, and a forums account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Most goons were raised in locked attic rooms, living off condensed milk spoon-fed to them by a woman they called Mother, who had stolen them from their stroller on a balmy June afternoon while their real mother was distracted throwing back a frisbee to some kids. While Mother did cruelly forbid ever leaving the attic, she at least had the kindness to buy them a dented Dell Latitude laptop from the secondhand store, and a forums account.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's too long for a thread title

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Metal doesn't smell, dweebs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqLH-nTZEOc&t=5s

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave

:actually: for me, it was a basement

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

that's the point, if metal doesn't smell then think about where all the smells are coming from

:itwaspoo:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Philippe posted:

It's so beautiful, though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As well as being the most pointless coin with zero purpose for decades, the British 2p piece that’s been passed around a million times between grubby paws definitely honks. I’m adding that to my list of reasons to melt them all down and ban its use from polite society.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

People saying coins don't smell bad are straight up crazy pants. What the gently caress

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://x.com/Grimezsz/status/1420822651442921472?s=20

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Ror posted:

that's the point, if metal doesn't smell then think about where all the smells are coming from

I mean, she's saying Grimes smells like blood, right?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Any actor who goes to catering themselves instead of having a PA take food to their room is almost always a decent person.

Also "smelling like a roll of nickels" is a trait of amphetamine users.

hey man, a pa is gonna ask questions if you ask him to save food to take home. lots of meat left on those bones in the garbage, you take 'em home, add some broth, a potato. baby, you got a stew goin

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"I'm not mad. Please don't put in the newspaper that I got mad."

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Philippe posted:

GodDAMNIT

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/gally420/status/1753927685447803093

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ror posted:

huh, I didn't know my ex was back on Twitter

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Further evidence that Settlers is the worst game for the worst people.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tree Bucket posted:

Further evidence that Settlers is the worst game for the worst people.

When Biden signed sanctions against four settlers on Thursday, he thought that it was about Catan players.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Personally, if I were invited for board games and found out I had been deceived with the goal of having sex with me, I would be very upset.
Doubly so I find out the board game we're playing is Catan, of all things.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
If you hang out with steampunk people you have no one to blame but yourself

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I put on my goggles and screwdriver

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I put on my goggles and screwdriver

Ask driver for consent first!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Clerical Terrors posted:

Personally, if I were invited for board games and found out I had been deceived with the goal of having sex with me, I would be very upset.
Doubly so I find out the board game we're playing is Catan, of all things.

Catan is a game where an innocent mistake in the first ten seconds means you're going to spend the next hour being slowly drained of life & joy while everyone else has fun. This has grim implications for the general vibe of their orgies.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tree Bucket posted:

Catan is a game where an innocent mistake in the first ten seconds means you're going to spend the next hour being slowly drained of life & joy while everyone else has fun. This has grim implications for the general vibe of their orgies.

Skill issue.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

I think the most emotionally drained I've ever seen someone (outside of Real Life poo poo) was when a friend of a friend tried to teach Catan (with expansion) to a group of six people who had never played Catan before. The game took three goddamn hours, and no one enjoyed it.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Mauser posted:

Did Vespasian make Titus go around and pick up the bags of coins for the urine tax? They didn't really use soap, so I bet their coins were way stinkier (in a large quantity)

The urine was the soap. (Well, the laundry detergent.)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

When Biden signed sanctions against four settlers on Thursday, he thought that it was about Catan players.

Settlers of Canaan

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/1754102895425781979?s=20

https://twitter.com/Fred_Delicious/status/1753931296311525730?s=20

https://twitter.com/interesting_aIl/status/1753840967776448582?s=20

Skutter has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Feb 5, 2024

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Settlers of Canaan

I don’t if you said that as a joke, but that’s a real Catan retheme: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3655/settlers-canaan

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

well see ya in 10 pages after the food derail

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kazil posted:

well see ya in 10 pages after the food derail

2 out of 3 of those tweets was not really about food so maybe not?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

If you haven’t tried ketchup on watermelon or ketchup on pizza you’re missing out

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Nice try satan, you can’t trick me into playing sex-catan with you

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I know this isn't true because it implies Goons were ever wanted by anyone

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Describe what Catan actually is to me in simpleton language

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

freeedr posted:

pretentious board game for dweebs

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

freeedr posted:

It's a terrible game where, if you begin losing, every dice roll in the game that benefits you benefits the winning players more. And each turn is less consequential than the one before it, so if you mess up turn one, you've just signed up for an hour of very slowly losing horribly. The game is built around trading for Generic German Boardgame Resources, creating the cruel illusion that you could, if you just tried harder, dig your way out of the hole you dug for yourself on round one. In tone, vibe and general psychological damage it is identical to monopoly, only without the latter's few genuinely fun moments, or the excuse of having been made a hundred years ago as a tool for teaching the horrors of capitalism. Catan is terrible and you can only enjoy it if a) you're already winning and b) you like watching your friends mentally check out of an experience after 15 minutes and then sit there for another half hour discretely checking their phones.
Not that I'm bitter or anything

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

freeedr posted:

A board game where you collect resources and trade in order to build stuff. First person to build 10 points worth of stuff wins. You get resources from tiles adjacent to your towns when the number that's on them is rolled on the dice. The big flaw of this game is that each player gets two starting towns they can place before the actual game begins, and if you place those towns in a bad spot, the game is already lost, because you'll have to struggle to catch up to the players who got the good spots. The game is still way more fun than poo poo like Monopoly or Battleship or Chutes and Ladders, but board game geeks have long since moved past it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

How the gently caress do none of you nerds know what change smells like? What kind of existence are you living where you've never held coins in your hand? This is honestly the wildest poo poo, I feel like you're all gaslighting me or something.

I live in the 21st century. We use cards or phones to pay for everything here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

freeedr posted:

You can tell other players that you have wood for sheep and it doesn't sound totally weird in the context.