Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Hazo posted:

Who the hell is Alex Baldwin

One of the Baldwin twins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Silly Trump question:

I know he owned/tried to own a league to try and rival the NFL.

But did he ever own a team in said league? Which one?

And I also know that the whole thing kicked off because he wanted to buy a NFL team but they wouldn't let him. Do we know which team he wanted?

Also given the Saudis own Premier League/La Liga/League 1 teams, and Trump is just about as evil as them, has he ever made any noises about buying a top flight football/soccer team?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

redshirt posted:

lol at the Chuds checkmating themselves into rooting for super gay San Francisco. You know, the gay city!

Covered in human feces. Ted Cruz was looking for it!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

BrigadierSensible posted:

Silly Trump question:

And I also know that the whole thing kicked off because he wanted to buy a NFL team but they wouldn't let him. Do we know which team he wanted?

Also given the Saudis own Premier League/La Liga/League 1 teams, and Trump is just about as evil as them, has he ever made any noises about buying a top flight football/soccer team?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_and_American_football

:smugdon: has tried to buy a couple different football teams now. I believe the USFL was because he tried to buy the Baltimore Colts and was blocked. He was trying to buy the Buffalo Bills as recently as 2014.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Silly Trump question:

He bought the New Jersey Generals in the USFL in 1984. The team was notable for "signing" a still-in-college Herschel Walker through a weird contract (before Trump's purchase of the team). And Donald Trump insisting they draft Doug Flutie to an insanely overvalued contract that he insisted other teams partially pay for when Flutie was a bust.

The USFL went bankrupt as a direct result of Trump strongly encouraging the league to set their season up head-to-head with the NFL when the originally better idea was to run the season during NFL offseason to get viewers. The USFL, after getting frozen out from broadcast and stadium deals after going directly against the NFL, sued the NFL. They won a whopping $1, which was tripled to $3 as the courts rightly saw it was a self inflicted wound.

In short, LOL

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Vampire Panties posted:

:smugdon: has tried to buy a couple different football teams now. I believe the USFL was because he tried to buy the Baltimore Colts and was blocked. He was trying to buy the Buffalo Bills as recently as 2014.

Is it because it's an old boys club, or do they think he would do harm to the league as a whole?

rideANDxORdie posted:

The USFL went bankrupt as a direct result of Trump strongly encouraging the league to set their season up head-to-head with the NFL

well there's my answer.

WaywardWoodwose fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 5, 2024

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

WaywardWoodwose posted:

Is it because it's an old boys club, or do they think he would do harm to the league as a whole?

They're not comfortable putting Donald Trump in close proximity to young Black men doing things outdoors.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile Taylor does this

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/1754332182401691704?s=20

Countdown to MAGA clutching pearls over the cover

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I sleep more naked than this, fuckin chuds will still find issue with it I'm sure.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

WaywardWoodwose posted:

Is it because it's an old boys club

its 1000000% this. NFL owners pick their own. Bezos got banned from bidding on the Washington Commanders because he owns WaPo and the existing owner didn't like their writing.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Toxic Mental posted:

Covered in human feces. Ted Cruz was looking for it!

I just pictured ted cruz on all fours, licking the sludge from the bottom of a septic tank

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

Here, watch something so stupid you will not believe it
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754310658806436302

I like James Austin Johnson’s version of Trump better than Alec Baldwin’s. Baldwin’s was a stupid, obnoxious bully and chuds think that’s tough and “alpha.” Johnson portrays him more as a sundowning, rambling grandpa, and that’s more true-to-life.

Alec Baldwin’s Trump was too masculine. :colbert:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This is not a Trump specific question, but it is related to my last question:

Have the Saudis ever tried to purchase an NFL/MLB/NBA team to sportswash the way they have done with soccer? Hell lets throw MLS in there as well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Selling sex to our children!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grey Cat posted:

I sleep more naked than this, fuckin chuds will still find issue with it I'm sure.

Where's your CD then? :colbert:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

BERDER

It's DOA in the house

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Senate Border bill will absolutely have a vote in the House is what I'm taking away here.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
The centerpiece of Trump's reelection is immigration bullshit. The list of GOP representatives willing to publicly cross him after he called for it to be blocked is pretty drat small.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

i take sexier, more poetic shits than this

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

That border bill sounds great for what the GOP wants so is it because Biden is the one suggesting it or what.

I haven’t read it but just sounds like a neoliberal agreement at the cost of immigrants

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The fact that democrats backed one of the strictest immigration bills possible and republicans won’t pass it which would piss off dem voters if it got passed is insane

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I think the House did pass funding for Israel. I hope no such package is approved without at least adequate support for Ukraine.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Strong Sauce posted:

That border bill sounds great for what the GOP wants so is it because Biden is the one suggesting it or what.

I haven’t read it but just sounds like a neoliberal agreement at the cost of immigrants
Biden knows that the GOP is doing the Mitch McConnell play of saying no to literally any of his policy proposals, so he's giving them everything they could conceivably want knowing that they'll vote it down out of spite so he can look like the only adult in the room

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Johnson is going to fold and bring it to a vote. The man has no backbone. Biden's going to hammer him on the issue and lay the manufactured border crisis at their feet.

It's not a bipartisan border agreement it is a Republican border agreement.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Froghammer posted:

Biden knows that the GOP is doing the Mitch McConnell play of saying no to literally any of his policy proposals, so he's giving them everything they could conceivably want knowing that they'll vote it down out of spite so he can look like the only adult in the room

I would also say that every whingy tantrummy "NO!" that the republicans do to whatever Biden proposes, pisses off Democrat voters, as well as the mythical "moderate sensible" Republicans that exist.

Encouraging them to get out and vote against Trump. Again.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Vampire Panties posted:

My cousin loves the Bills almost as much as he loves Trump. Which I find funny because Trump would have absolutely moved them out of the city if he'd managed to buy them.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Froghammer posted:

Yeah pretty much this. He knows they can't do anything otherwise it looks like their cooperating. It just makes them look bad.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Republicans torching their own deal so they can prove fealty to Trump. :lol:

Craven bootlicks.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Republicans torch the best deal they can get, lose seats in 2024, and then something they like even less gets passed next year. :pray:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
a poop-a poop-a donald trump

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
important questions on fox news: can bud light come back from woke controversy?

*edited to verbatim

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Froghammer posted:

Eh, I don't think it's Biden playing 5D chess, I think Dems are just falling into the age old trap of letting Republicans set the narrative. Republicans crying that there's a border crisis so Joe goes out of his way to fix the made up crisis.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

the modern republican party is the "no take, only throw" meme except in a position to set policy for the largest western economy.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Hollismason posted:

Yeah pretty much this. He knows they can't do anything otherwise it looks like their cooperating. It just makes them look bad.
This is also, and I cannot stress this enough, an absolutely ghoulish move on the part of both political parties. Playing chicken with the lives of migrants (who, to be clear are likely to die regardless of which party's border policies are in place) is unbelievably callous and shows a deep indifference to migrant suffering and / or the death of children.

EDIT:

kazil posted:

Eh, I don't think it's Biden playing 5D chess, I think Dems are just falling into the age old trap of letting Republicans set the narrative. Republicans crying that there's a border crisis so Joe goes out of his way to fix the made up crisis.
:hmmyes:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

kazil posted:

Here, watch something so stupid you will not believe it
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754310658806436302

Guess he moonlights writing articles for the New York Times

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

kazil posted:

There is a border "crisis" in the sense that migration is up significantly since covid restrictions wound down and the US economy spun up, and it's creating real policy questions in places that are seeing an influx of people. It's just that one party is basically saying to shoot them at the border in response to a multi-faceted issue (that's mostly a downwind effect of US policy in the first place, which no one wants to acknowledge) that will require a bunch of resources to deal with in a mature way. And while the democrats are caving to the narrative, based on polling americans have broadly bought into the la migra narrative.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I just pictured ted cruz

Ew, disgusting

Amazing Zimmo posted:

on all fours, licking the sludge from the bottom of a septic tank

Still not as bad as the first part

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

I would also say that every whingy tantrummy "NO!" that the republicans do to whatever Biden proposes, pisses off Democrat voters, as well as the mythical "moderate sensible" Republicans that exist.

Encouraging them to get out and vote against Trump. Again.

That NBC poll from this morning suggests otherwise. I’m trying to steel myself for what feels like the inevitable return of Trump, but I’ve been having a really hard time as of late. Nothing good seems to stick to Biden and nothing bad seems to stick to Trump.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Almost Smart posted:

That NBC poll from this morning suggests otherwise. I’m trying to steel myself for what feels like the inevitable return of Trump, but I’ve been having a really hard time as of late. Nothing good seems to stick to Biden and nothing bad seems to stick to Trump.

The poll from this morning is laughably bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kntfkr posted:

i take sexier, more poetic shits than this

Prove it