Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
bye rossy. i will never forget arriving at stardom at wrestlemania nyc weekend, in an area of jamaica queens that is entirely hosed up warehouses and decaying buildings, and seeing you lead a line of wrestlers out of a deluxe uber and into the venue, one of the most surreal sights of my life

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
WWE is the only financial baker that makes any sense given the state of the industry in japan and the weak yen

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

time to go all in on awg

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

connect the dots. rossy was trying to get wrestlers and staff to leave stardom with him, yet he's wwe bound. wwe is creating a joshi wrestling brand. announcement forthcoming

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ganpro just split off from cyberfight, have rossy run ganjo and lead it to being the #1 joshi promotion

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I wonder if he was trying to get some of the stardom wrestlers to talk to WWE as he's trying to go there and then the bushiroad higher ups found out and that's why this is happening like this

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

abraham linksys posted:

ganpro just split off from cyberfight, have rossy run ganjo and lead it to being the #1 joshi promotion

Yuna Manase is now the Wonder of GanJo champion

real talk though, holy poo poo lol

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I have so many questions

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

forkboy84 posted:

It's Google translate so obviously it renders the statement clear as mud.

"Since 2019 , our company has entered into a contract with Rossy Ogawa, the founder of Stardom, and has appointed him as an executive producer and outsourced work related to Stardom. However, we would like to inform you that we have come to know that he has poached many Stardom players and staff, and we have decided to cancel this contract."

Either Bushiroad haven't noticed that Rossy has poached wrestlers from TJPW, Actwres girlZ, Ice Ribbon etc in the last 5 years, in which case how are they paying that little attention? Or else I dunno, he's like Tod Gordon was in ECW, acting as a conduit to get people to sign with WCW? That one doesn't really make sense, it's not like Stardom has suffered from raids. So I'm assuming the former in which case...?

I'm assuming something was lost in translation?

EDIT: Or I guess the bit about starting his own group. But I don't really know why he'd want to do that? Stardom is on the up & up, he doesn't have to worry about financing, seems like starting from scratch, he'd have to have serious seller's remorse for whatever reason because it just seems like it'd be a huge pain in the arse. It's not like the joshi scene is particularly healthy outside of Stardom & TJPW

Just to settle this ambiguity, the Japanese says they terminated his contract after they caught wind of multiple attempts on his part to poach current Stardom talent and staff for some other unspecified endeavor.

e: Like I guess it miiight be the former, but given what I've seen of statements like this one in the past, I doubt they would refer to the talent/staff in question as "Stardom talent/staff" without some qualifier like "current" in that case, even if they are Stardom staff now. It reads like his offers were made to people who worked for Stardom at the time. Also yeah, like you say, I am pretty sure they would have noticed all the big talent acquisitions Stardom has been making over the last few years.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 5, 2024

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Tony didn't like him.
I don't know what this means but it means something.

https://x.com/tonykhan/status/1754347589456019715?s=46

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1754347589456019715

tony....

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WOW

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

such a messy bitch

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Tony didn't like him.
I don't know what this means but it means something.

https://x.com/tonykhan/status/1754347589456019715?s=46

He's wanted to use STARDOM wrestlers on Forbidden Door but kept getting rejected by The Hat Man.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1754347727771857223

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

He's wanted to use STARDOM wrestlers on Forbidden Door but kept getting rejected by The Hat Man.

Then I'm with Tony.

Bye Rossy :wave:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

quote:

I wanted Rossy to go because I felt his poaching wasn't strong enough. Toni Storm vs. Red Velvet this Wednesday on Dynamite!

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Stall_19 posted:

I have so many questions

So he tried to poach talent, for what?
If for WWE, then what are they trying to do? If for something else, what is that?

Who's booking Stardom now?

Will any of the wrestlers follow him out? Mayu is very close with him and I imagine she's not the only one.

Is Sonny going with him? If so, who's gonna be the English guy for them.

This is terrible for the promotion.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Reminder that Stardom was bought by Bushiroad because WWE was sniffing around

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yep stardom is probably dead soon. i guess if its true that BR has been doing most of the booking the last year then who knows. but hatman is an icon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fez_machine posted:

Reminder that Stardom was bought by Bushiroad because WWE was sniffing around

And Rossy was very tempted by a WWE Hall of Fame induction. He's a very weird guy. Love the hats though.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1754347589456019715?t=Ql6WgJ-OniBWnPoJDhXURA&s=19

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

yea ok posted:

yep stardom is probably dead soon. i guess if its true that BR has been doing most of the booking the last year then who knows. but hatman is an icon

I think the promotion survives, too many good years lately for Bushiroad to scuttle even with various levels of dissatisfaction.

We'll see who follows Rossy though. Japanese women's talent in WWE have absolutely proven popular although Asuka hates hates hates Rossy's guts.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

abraham linksys posted:

Aw hell it did? I am so out of the loop. Will it still be on the Wrestle Universe app?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

TDE in VoW discord says the rumor is that AEW tried to sign Mayu in 2019 which led to animosity that seems to have not been smoothed over lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1754352320031096890

Tony gently caress off lmfao

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Aw hell it did? I am so out of the loop. Will it still be on the Wrestle Universe app?

unknown: https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2024/01/31/ganbare%e2%98%86pro-is-going-independent/

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

quote:

Takagi would like GanPro content to remain on Wrestle Universe but we will have to wait on an announcement in the future for more details.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

The poacher becomes the poached

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Okay good. It's really become a favorite of mine, especially GanJo shows. Sounds like there are a lot of big changes afoot all around, sheesh.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Hope it's not nxt Japan. Definitely not excited to watch Mayu have to stop taking neck bumps.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mooseinfants posted:

Hope it's not nxt Japan. Definitely not excited to watch Mayu have to stop taking neck bumps.

its ok, they take neck bumps all the time in nxt (dont know how to wrestle)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

Bryan Alvarez mentioned on Twitter that Rossy is not WWE bound.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

yea ok posted:

Stardom is about the most profitable thing bushiroad owns and they still can advertise with the industry leader in Japan.

Its more worrying if he plans to just rip the guts out and run off to the wwe.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

DarkstarIV posted:

well that's good at least

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

yeah now that he doesnt have the stardom talent with him they dont need his rear end

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

👀

https://x.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1754355032387195236?s=46
drat

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

yeah now that he doesnt have the stardom talent with him they dont need his rear end

I mean I honestly wouldn't be shocked if there ends up being a mass exodus of STARDOM talent over this (likely go freelance). Rossy was very much well liked by both current and former STARDOM women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1754355873239982341?t=Jj9YhFCXY7A0JkBaJN_u3Q&s=19

Wtf???