Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

embarrassingly small offer

you're gonna need to give up your first as well, there's no way you're moving up and keeping the #2 pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Declan MacManus posted:

embarrassingly small offer

you're gonna need to give up your first as well, there's no way you're moving up and keeping the #2 pick

The "offer" is 2nd overall, 36th overall, Mclaurin, and next year's third to move up to #1 overall. Even if it were next year's first (so basically what the Panthers did to move up from 9) I don't see it happening, especially after Stroud's immediate success and Houston's future first for Anderson being so low.

If fields had cemented his spot, sure, but he didn't and the Bears can't skip QB with the first overall two years in a row

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Docjowles posted:

Agree “ground and pound featuring Justin Herbert” sounds bad but hopefully Harbs is savvy enough to not do that (too much)

If you’ve got a good run game you can do a lot of sick downfield stuff off of play action to take advantage of Herbies arm.

Also it would just generally help to keep him alive behind that line.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

misread it and that's my fault

anyways idk fields is probably fine enough to roll with and the reason they have the first overall isn't because of their record, it's because they fleeced the panthers

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Sataere posted:

If the Bears trade Fields to the Raiders with Getsy as OC, that would be the cherry on top of the worst quarterback development plan I've ever seen. We completely ruined you in Chicago. Now we are gonna send you to the one guy we know won't build an offense around your skillset.

I mean when the Bears make the trade they aren't doing it for the sake of the rest of Fields' career, they're doing it for whatever gets them the best return. If the team acquiring him continues to gently caress up his development that's no skin off their nose at this point.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Bears better slam the button on this offer.
Getting McLaurin, drafting MHJ, and an extra 2nd? They’d be dumb not to do that.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Declan MacManus posted:

misread it and that's my fault

anyways idk fields is probably fine enough to roll with and the reason they have the first overall isn't because of their record, it's because they fleeced the panthers

If it was a terrible qb class then yes there would be cause to stick with Fields.

But it’s not a terrible qb class.

The bears have access to one of the best qb prospects in recent memory.

Bears should trade Fields before the draft if possible, stick at 1, take Caleb, profit.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Just lmao off if the Bears fleece some other team with the #1/2 pick for the third time in five or six years.

Also lmao Bears.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

They’d be dumb not to do that.

🐻

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1754523847989276875?t=Eq4h2ADv4S41d09TKmCdRw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1754520734486188293?t=n9CzClIhyUVLd9bUI41pLg&s=19

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 5, 2024

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Grozz Nuy posted:

I mean when the Bears make the trade they aren't doing it for the sake of the rest of Fields' career, they're doing it for whatever gets them the best return. If the team acquiring him continues to gently caress up his development that's no skin off their nose at this point.

My point wasn't that they should still care. It was about th systematic destruction of Fields NFL career.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the commanders are not going to trade up one pick when there are 3 great QBs in this draft. it's just patently absurd.

Yeah I don't know about that.

Considering Caleb is from the DC area and strong rumors that he has told the Bears he has no interest in being there.

Don't be surprised if the Commanders move up and give Chicago a first for the honor and frankly I think it would be smart to take it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol if Rivera and Quinn end up trading places

Wonder if the fact that Washington was literally the worst defense in a number of metrics and bottom 5 in several more will come up during the meeting

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

Yeah I don't know about that.

Considering Caleb is from the DC area and strong rumors that he has told the Bears he has no interest in being there.

Don't be surprised if the Commanders move up and give Chicago a first for the honor and frankly I think it would be smart to take it.

Caleb is a substantively better qb prospect than any other qb in this class.

The Bears would be idiots to trade with the commanders “for the honor” of a single future first.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

kiimo posted:

He did not do this lol. The guy who said this rumor, walked it back judiciously.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

kiimo posted:

The extent of this rumor is that Colin Cowherd asserted it offhand in the middle of some speculation on his radio show, and the next day he said he was immediately contacted by Caleb's camp to say that's not true and that he would play for Chicago if they drafted him

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Docjowles posted:

lol if Rivera and Quinn end up trading places

Wonder if the fact that Washington was literally the worst defense in a number of metrics and bottom 5 in several more will come up during the meeting

How were they before the sweat and young trades?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

feller posted:

How were they before the sweat and young trades?

They gave up 33 or more points, including 40 to the Bears, in 4 of the first 5 weeks of the season. So I am gonna go with “still real bad”

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Docjowles posted:

They gave up 33 or more points, including 40 to the Bears, in 4 of the first 5 weeks of the season. So I am gonna go with “still real bad”

Playing man against the Bears, and playing man and not bracketing DJ Moore should instantly get your DC/Defensive Head Coach fired lol.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Docjowles posted:

lol drat

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1754524202177331623

Goddamn the Commies are mad.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
THAT'S NOT HOW WE DO THINGS IN THE NBA

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You made us sham interview a black guy FOR NOTHING

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What was he supposed to do, wait till they landed? He made his decision and he let them know.

Kalli posted:

lol okay yeah thats it, dont know why I asked

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I do appreciate the Commanders ownership for continuing the tradition of being petty shitheads

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kalli posted:

Like yeah basically just saying the quiet part out loud with Aaron Glenn, what the gently caress.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Incredible "it was a mutual break-up" energy coming from the commies.
I'm amazed their new HC isn't someone called John Benson

Edit: Holy poo poo that article is special!

Definitely Not Josh Harris posted:

The Commanders were never in sole control of their destiny despite the competence, vision and sanity emanating from the ownership group led by managing partner Josh Harris. They inhabit a world where other masters-of-the-universe types have agendas. The Commanders already conquered competitors in the general manager market by landing Peters. Like it or not, those other organizations would have their day.

DickEmery fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 5, 2024

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
*quietly tucks 2024 offseason champs shirt into the drawer*

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
:lmao: It's a good thing Dan Quinn is getting paid a lot of money, otherwise he might feel bad about his bosses openly pining for the one who got away!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

"We can fire you at any time for any reason, but may god have mercy on your soul if you cancel a second interview, that's gone way too far!!!!!!"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Imagine the look on their faces when they had to turn their private jet around from Detroit and be home in an hour

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Definitely Not Josh Harris posted:

The Commanders were never in sole control of their destiny despite the competence, vision and sanity emanating from the ownership group led by managing partner Josh Harris. They inhabit a world where other masters-of-the-universe types have agendas. The Commanders already conquered competitors in the general manager market by landing Peters. Like it or not, those other organizations would have their day.

I don't subscribe to the Athletic, but please tell me this is an anonymous quote and not obsequious fawning by the writers on behalf of billionaire rich dicks.

The worst sort of access journalism either way.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

When I look at the Sixers over the last decade I definitely see competence, vision and sanity

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1754511085498151103?t=3RHCi-e22BlfGD4gP3x2Dw&s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
But mcmagic said Johnson wasn't a serious candidate for Washington!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shyduck posted:

Imagine the look on their faces when they had to turn their private jet around from Detroit and be home in an hour

Thats the thing though, they were flying there to interview Johnson AND Glenn! They still had a reason for the flight after Johnson turned them down!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

MJeff posted:

Thats the thing though, they were flying there to interview Johnson AND Glenn! They still had a reason for the flight after Johnson turned them down!
Lol okay I didn't put that together until now, yeesh

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Definitely not Josh Harris posted:

this is some North Korea poo poo lmao

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Russini has been pumping out hit pieces on
messy teams lately like the Jets and Panthers so I’m a little surprised to see her byline on this Baghdad Bob poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Russini is basically Schefter with better PR.