Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
I saw this and honestly thought it was anti-israel until I saw who posted it.

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1754143738228552070

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

oh, they're doing this all privately? where they can claim whatever they like? gently caress off

You are who you pretend to be.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

fizziester posted:

Source: Times of Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-moves-to-reassert-power-in-gaza-city-areas-from-which-israeli-forces-withdrew/

Hamas moves to reassert power in Gaza City areas from which Israeli forces withdrew
By AGENCIES and TOI STAFF
3 February 2024, 6:13 pm

Hamas has begun to resurface in areas where Israel withdrew the bulk of its forces a month ago,

drat it's almost as if we were right all along and that israel was going to lose military no matter what they did and all they would accomplish is committing nazi-level atrocities.

good job on the west for killing off all of their political, media and reputational credibility for nothing! lol!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

video of abandoned IDF outpost in northern gaza, after they ran away

https://x.com/AJArabic/status/1754354160051327449?s=20

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

TrekBek posted:

I saw this and honestly thought it was anti-israel until I saw who posted it.

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1754143738228552070

Trying to save the hostages is anti Israel. They should have the good grace to die as they are inconvenient. Looks like Michael Rapaport is an antisemite

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas says they're in the 'final stages' of discussing ceasefire proposals with the various resistance factions so they're probably going to give a response in a day or so

https://x.com/AJABreaking/status/1754215396310208742?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I'm gonna go after this one.

gently caress microsoft teams

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

drat, looks like I could work remote from mogadishu just fine

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

ansar allah didn’t cut those cables after a decade+ of depravation, aggression and attempted genocide at the hands of the West, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. Seems like bullshit fear mongering to start wringing your hands about the cables now. Especially since their current blockade is working

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nice piece by James Zogby on America's sordid history toward supporters of Palestine:

quote:

Today, people supporting Palestine are once again being defamed, threatened with loss of employment, and harassed for their views. Thirty-seven states have passed laws or executive orders penalizing individuals or groups who support boycotting or sanctioning Israel for its treatment of Palestinians. And the very same groups who violated our rights four decades ago are now using their clout to demand anti-Palestinian media coverage, silence debate on college campuses and redefine antisemitism to recreate a situation they fear is spinning out of control.

There is a direct connection between the challenges faced by my generation and those faced by supporters of Palestinian rights today. It cannot be ignored. Nor can it be conflated with anti-Muslim bias, as real a problem as that is. What we are experiencing today is not about religion and condemning “Islamophobia” will not address it. It’s about Palestinian rights. And it’s about whether or not we, as Americans, can have open and honest political discourse about our country’s role in the subjugation of Palestinian rights, an injustice that continues to threaten Israeli and Palestinian lives and the future of America in the Middle East.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

hmmm maybe pissing off one of the countries that controls a global strategic chokepoint was a bad idea

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I don't care if they cut the cables it's their right

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I don't know if there are any cables that specifically go to Israel. They can cut those if they want. Or do em all because it'd be funny.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I don't care if they cut the cables it's their right

it's their cables! they're supposed to be there!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
ansarallah cut the cable to prove they could cut other cables if they wanted to

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
did someone say that already

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Yemen has repeatedly stated unequivocally that they're not going to interfere with the internet cables. The suggestion that they will is baseless speculation, just like it was when they had to deny the same rumors back in December.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

HBar posted:

Yemen has repeatedly stated unequivocally that they're not going to interfere with the internet cables. The suggestion that they will is baseless speculation, just like it was when they had to deny the same rumors back in December.

:hmmyes:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im a weird little freak who loves running around snipping up cables so if it happens im taking credit for it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't believe ansar Allah was also behind the sabotage of that russian Baltic underwater gas pipeline. These guys must be stopped.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al-Saqr posted:

Hamas says they're in the 'final stages' of discussing ceasefire proposals with the various resistance factions so they're probably going to give a response in a day or so

https://x.com/AJABreaking/status/1754215396310208742?s=20

Very democratic

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Asproigerosis posted:

I can't believe ansar Allah was also behind the sabotage of that russian Baltic underwater gas pipeline. These guys must be stopped.

the tiiime houthis

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dads friend steve posted:

ansar allah didn’t cut those cables after a decade+ of depravation, aggression and attempted genocide at the hands of the West, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Well Joe Biden might

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FirstnameLastname posted:

the tiiime houthis

AnsarAnachronox

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

I remember hearing the story that after he wrote The Hunt For Red October or maybe it was The Cardinal and the Kremlin they dragged him in and were like "okay, give us your sources" and as a kid I thought that was super badass.

It wasn't until he went over the high side with Dennis Miller after 9/11 that I stopped to think "hey maybe he was dogshit this whole time and I just didn't pay enough attention."

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

Well Joe Biden might

laying the groundwork for either sabotage or a readymade scapegoat when our piss poor navy fucks up and drags an anchor across the seabed

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

laying the groundwork for either sabotage or a readymade scapegoat when our piss poor navy fucks up and drags an anchor across the seabed

the anchor catches the cable, the ship keeps on steaming, and then all the data centers on the west coast are dragged into the ocean while everyone yells whoa whoa whoa and tries to get the captain's attention

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

HBar posted:

Yeah but they should because it would be loving funny as hell

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the cables are going to be cut
there's going to be a Hebrew-language tweet from a Knesset MP saying "thank you Joe Biden!"
media is going to say the Houthis did it
there's going to be an American boot found at the bottom of the Bab El Mandeb, and a boat that can be traced back to Diego Garcia that was there at the time the connection was cut
Sy Hersh is going to come out with an article confirming the Americans did it, but you'll be called a conspiracy theorist for bringing it up

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

those cables are critical for the efficient delivery of One Piece episodes and for that reason alone ansar allah would never gently caress with them

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Owned

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

those cables are critical for the efficient delivery of One Piece episodes and for that reason alone ansar allah would never gently caress with them

This stupid loving idiot hasn’t heard of bootlegged blurays

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its not because the IDF sucks at rations. (They might but this is not a good faith effort at an actual MRE.)

Its because, and steve does mention this in the video, that they have no use case for field rations considering theyre almost never more than 24 hours away from a canteen that is well stocked, and takeout pizza, all thanks to the country being tiny. They dont need to haul these anywhere because they have ample transport.

So you get this extremely cost cut box full of cans to tick off a box and thats it.

it's funny because i remember a lot of eastern european rations being a box full of cans but actually being palatable

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Pretty sure all Israeli stuff is an even worst neoliberal grift carnival than America.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

kazmeyer posted:

In Tom Clancy's first post-9/11 book he had Jack Ryan's kid mortally wound a terrorist in a shopping mall and then grab a football out of the sports store and stick it in the dude's hands so he'd be touching pigskin when he died.

Funny that the guy whose PR said he kept writing poo poo so accurate the CIA kept debriefing him couldn't be arsed to look into what modern footballs are made of.

Of course the CIA debriefed him, how else would they be able to touch base about how effective their propaganda was, or hand him his next docket?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

gradenko_2000 posted:

AnsarAnachronox

Why didn't they ever make an Anachronox two :(

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm gonna go after this one.

gently caress microsoft teams

office work should be done on discord.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://www.reuters.com/business/japans-itochu-end-cooperation-with-israels-elbit-over-gaza-war-2024-02-05/

ICJ verdict already having an impact, let's hope more follow suit.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"Emissaries sent by the Minister Benny Gantz recently contacted ministers and MKs in Likud in an attempt to promote the replacement of Prime Minister Netanyahu in the current Knesset. Likud members were told that if they succeed in completing a constructive motion of no-confidence that would replace the government's composition and its leader, The State Camp will ensure their future"

Second tweet:

"Gantz's people proposed various candidates from Likud for the position of Prime Minister, and did not demand Gantz's appointment to the position. The main idea is the appointment of an agreed-upon candidate for a specified period of time who'll promise to not run for Likud leadership in the future.

Gantz chose not to comment on these details"

https://twitter.com/Segev_Yuval/status/1754375505925546206?t=zOm-X7IKRBChFqI_wx3diQ&s=19

Lapid says he'll give full support for such a move.

https://twitter.com/yairlapid/status/1754432105793179653?t=dQHI-yOaObk28j_5_jd9Hw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

https://fxtwitter.com/israel/status/1754415701312389496?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA