Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

nine-gear crow posted:

the guy with the tiny face whatever his name is

Charlie Kirk, who thinks it's time the right started being gay while doing crimes

I swear the left can't have anything without the right trying to co-opt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Why do people think the Baldwin brothers look alike? They all look like Baldwins but they don't look alike at all :confused:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
My friend if they all look like Baldwin's then they all look alike.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TremorX posted:

Charlie Kirk, who thinks it's time the right started being gay while doing crimes

I swear the left can't have anything without the right trying to co-opt it

Who?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

My friend if they all look like Baldwin's then they all look alike.

That's racist.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

wheatpuppy posted:

That's racist.

you can't be racist against the irish

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Strong Sauce posted:

oh god taylor swift won album of the year it'll never end now.

As much as I dont care about boring whiter than white girl singing mediocre pop, the chuds and MAGA's never shutting up about her just makes them look even more stupid, repellant and stops them from targeting LGBTQI+ as much at least for a while and it's glorious just how spectacularly they are losing a fight they started where their target is just ignoring them.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Mr. Fix It posted:

you can't be racist against the irish

-the english

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
In the 1950’s, racist landlords used to put up signs saying “No blacks, no Irish, no Baldwins”.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dial A For Awesome posted:

In the 1950’s, racist landlords used to put up signs saying “No blacks, no Irish, no Baldwins”.

Yeah, it was wrong back then, and it's wrong today too.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You can't judge people from then by today's standards. You've got to understand the Baldwin's were everywhere. Back them my mother had to rent our spare room to get by and Stephen Baldwin stayed with us for 3 months.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Strong Sauce posted:

oh god taylor swift won album of the year it'll never end now.

Taylor Swift Album of the year, Travis Kelce 3rd Super Bowl ring proposal. Chuds full on meltdown.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
why are they attacking Taylor Swift anyway? because sometime in the future she will supposedly endorse Biden?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Every time you feel doomed, go do 30 minutes of exercise. If nothing happens, then you just got in some good exercise. If Trump does come back, you can be the swole and fit leader that the proletariat will need to help protect them against jackboot Trumptroopers.

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Almost Smart posted:

Chuds already have a “heads I win, tails you lose” type situation going on for the Super Bowl. Either the 49ers win and Biden’s machinations for Taylor Swift are defeated, or the Chiefs win and… what’s this? Taylor Swift and her beau aren’t publicly announcing support for Joe Biden right on the loving field this very moment amidst the celebration? She snubbed him! Taylor’s gone MAGA!

Not only do I hope she announces her support of him during that time, I hope that she also encourages her fanbase to get more politically active (even to local levels!) to fight against conservatives and the MAGAheads. I want to see apopletic heart attacks from them.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

This is false. I dislike plenty of people who are considered funny and they can go rot in Hell.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I mean, he is occasionally funny in the same way that a 12 year old on a bike can land incredible drive-by insults sometimes, and can be surprisingly camp and catty, but I wouldn't want to associate with either of them.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Dwesa posted:

why are they attacking Taylor Swift anyway? because sometime in the future she will supposedly endorse Biden?

She's something that lots of people like - this brings them misery

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

boring whiter than white girl singing mediocre pop

:eyepop:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

this forum needs an auto-ban for insulting her holiness.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

The h8rs gone h8 h8 h8 h8 h8

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Dwesa posted:

She already endorsed Biden in 2020

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Dwesa posted:

She's more popular than the bloated god king and doesn't agree with him.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Dwesa posted:

I think, think a lot of them are continuing to do that childish pissbaby thing where they go "someone I don't agree with on everything likes something?? well then I hate it."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I will say Biden does have issues in Michigan, and that's not because I've read polls. It's because local officials are saying this based on what they're hearing on the ground.

Does that mean it's over for him in the state? Not at all, but he's gonna have to put in a lot of work, especially with the Arab community which makes up not a small portion of the electorate

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Here is my thoughts on Biden and Gaza

1) He's been pro-Israel his whole political career, and it's pretty hard cognitively to change that on a dime (even though he should)

2) Realpolitik is a real thing, and going out against Israel in the early days of the war would probably not be a good look in much of the political world

3) He has internal pressure within his administration - and he has slowly started to criticize Israel

4) Trump will be a lot worse

Conclusion: Biden has supports an ongoing genocide, but even if he wanted to denounce it, it would seem like a risky strategy to ensure reelection (I'm not agreeing with this, but its a rationale) - Due to the internal and public pressure, Biden is the best hope the Palestinians have for US support, and that's pretty sad

Hashtag FreePalestine

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pro life

quote:

Florida is suing the Biden administration over a new policy limiting when states can remove children from public health insurance programs.

The lawsuit challenges the implementation of a law requiring states to let kids remain eligible for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program for 12 straight months before reviewing their status, regardless of life changes that mean they may no longer qualify.

Florida is among the states requiring CHIP enrollees to pay monthly premiums, and it wants the ability to remove kids from the program if their families don’t pay.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Vampire Panties posted:

its 1000000% this. NFL owners pick their own. Bezos got banned from bidding on the Washington Commanders because he owns WaPo and the existing owner didn't like their writing.

Here's an effortpost about NFL ownership weirdness that I swear gets to Trump, skip over if you don't care about the dominant form of entertainment in the US:

It was insane that Dan Snyder wasn't forced to sell the team ten years ago when the original reports in the Washington Post started coming out over the team's treatment of its cheerleaders and other stories about the disgusting behavior of the organization's management. Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the Panthers almost as soon as the stories about his behavior came out, but Snyder got to keep the Washington Football Team through multiple controversies and every year the question was "hey, is THIS the scandal that will force an ownership change" and Jerry Jones of all people was usually the reasonable one saying that it should be a consideration. JERRY JONES! The like third scummiest owner in the league! The first two are Packers shareholders.

When Snyder was forced to sell it was for loving with the money. Stan Kroenke had cost the NFL more by moving the Rams out of St. Louis, but the league wanted someone in LA forever and were more than fine with taking that hit because they got a new stadium AND fixed the problem the Chargers had with Spanos not having the capital either politically or monetarily, to get San Deigo to build him a new stadium. Snyder, by comparison, had lied to the league about ticket sales and had seen several stadium proposals turned down in the last few years because he was Dan Snyder and everyone in the larger DC area hates his guts and expects he'll gently caress them over if they give him a deal, and the team needs a new stadium, the 2022 sewage water and collapsing railing/fans falling videos showed the place is coming apart at the seams. Very telling that the league went with an ownership group fronted by a guy who already owns a basketball team and bizarrely, Magic Johnson (Magic is part of the group, not owned by the other guy). It's really clear the plan is to leverage the new ownership to get a stadium built in probably Virginia to take advantage of Younkin being stupid enough to agree to a billion dollars of stadium that will go unused for 3/4th of the year. It's why the Bills started negotiating with Hochul and the Erie County executives after the 2022 election because Kathy is a loving mark who will agree to anything. They would have dealt with Highmark for a few more years if Zeldin won because he would have just complained about the Woke Buffalo Bills wanting state money.

That's how this all gets back to Trump. He had wanted to buy the Bills in 2014 and the league went with someone who 1) has actual money and 2) already owned a team in the area (the Buffalo Sabers in the NHL). Where they can, the league likes to keep ownership local and Trump has no ties to upstate NY despite most of his voters being here. The Bills had threatened to move to various cities over the years, back when OJ gashed defenses instead of ex-wives it was a constant threat. It's been commented by a number of people that Trump's bid for the team was more publicity than offer; that's likely true, but the league looked at this guy just one year from launching a vanity presidential bid and said he was unfit to own an NFL team. The owner of the Jets would be an ambassador in Trump's administration. The owner of the Texans would comment that the "inmates are running the asylum" while Trump was complaining that NFL players kneeled at the anthem. Michael Bidwell regularly sexually assaults women with his now-former-GM that he says is a random defensive coach to avoid attention (allegedly). The McClaskys committed multiple war crimes in every draft from 2017 onward. The owners of NFL teams are Trump people all the way down (Jeff Lurie and whichever Rooney is in charge now probably not so much), they didn't reject him because he's an insane narcissist or his politics. They love that poo poo, they are him but with cash on hand. Trump was going to gently caress with the money, that's it, that is the entire reason they rejected his bid and moved on to serious contenders. We would be talking about the Bedford Bills if Trump had bought the team and he'd bury an ex-wife on the 50 yard line.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Here's a less effort post about dumb poo poo Trump posted last night

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

busalover posted:

this forum needs an auto-ban for insulting her holiness.

Nah, we can just shake it off.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I will say Biden does have issues in Michigan, and that's not because I've read polls. It's because local officials are saying this based on what they're hearing on the ground.

Does that mean it's over for him in the state? Not at all, but he's gonna have to put in a lot of work, especially with the Arab community which makes up not a small portion of the electorate

I'm very curious what effect the total collapse of the MI GOP is going to have.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 5, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

As much as I dont care about boring whiter than white girl singing mediocre pop

Hate her 'cause ya ain’t her.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

kazil posted:

Someone needs to tell grampa that the Bud Light controversy is so last year and now we're on to... uhh... well it looks like people's skin color again. Weird how that keeps coming back.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Dell_Zincht posted:

She already endorsed Biden in 2020

yeah, her endorsement of Biden is likely not a real reason, just an excuse to hate someone who is more liked than their idol

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Have MAGAts started burning Tay-Tay’s albums in performative bonfires yet?

Remember when they were performatively destroying k-cups, Yeti coolers, Bud Light cans and drinking bleach and chugging Ivermectin?

This is who we’re up against, the ones who are still alive, anyway.

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 5, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

kazil posted:

Just lol at anyone buying into this. It's already recovered to where it was before the "boycott" and is back to usual ups and downs.
The "controversial" ad was in april 2023.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Have MAGAts started burning Tay-Tay’s albums in performative bonfires yet?

Remember when they were performatively destroying k-cups, Yeti coolers, Bud Light cans and drinking bleach and chugging Ivermectin?

This is who we’re up against, the ones who are still alive, anyway.

How do we convince them that their homes are woke?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

kazil posted:

Here, watch something so stupid you will not believe it
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754310658806436302

Ah, yes, funny people, notoriously good leaders.

(Actually, Zelenskyy seems like a pretty good leader and by all accounts, that guy was hilarious, but whatever.)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Total Party Kill posted:

How do we convince them that their homes are woke?

Locks are woke. What kind of coward sleeps with the windows and doors locked? Keep them wide open and establish your dominance over would-be robbers, stray dogs, and badgers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

I wonder what shockingly violent outrage would happen if someone removed the caps lock key from Don's keyboard. There would be 157 Truth posts about how unfair.