Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

Just completed Chapter 3 and yep, this part was made by Platinum all right. Was anyone else playing on Hard for the story campaign? It's not giving me much trouble but I think that is mostly by design.

I swapped to Hard story difficulty right after Furycane and I never got a game over, though I had plenty of critical status moments. Hard story isn't particularly hard, IMO. Once I unlock the Ultimate difficulty I'll start doing story stage reclears for crabs and chests and stuff and we'll see how insane that gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does anyone know which song plays when fighting the dragons in Extreme rank? i tried looking through the ingame song list and couldnt find it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

They're from the mobile game. I was looking for them in the in-game listing too, thought it was weird they weren't there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXn70_-jy3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVEprPIKwr8

You can also find them on streaming music platforms in the Granblue Fantasy OST "Awakening" album.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Discount greens! Buy one, get one free! Come on people, don't miss this!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Discount greens! Buy one, get one free! Come on people, don't miss this!

PUMPKINS AS BIG AS YOUR HEAD
MELONS AS BIG AS AN AIRSHIP

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Oh no, I was using Ghandagoza, but I recruited Vaseraga and now I can't choose between the beef boys.

Up to chapter 6, caught up on all the available Fate stories, going to attempt some online co-op before doing the next MSQ mission. Game good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How do you get the final crew member card? I seem to be out of post game story, unlocked proud difficulty, and have everyone but one member left.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

There's one sold by siero for seven gold dahlia badges.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vitamean posted:

There's one sold by siero for seven gold dahlia badges.

That must be it, thank you.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
PS5 multiplayer still pretty unusable even after the update. Sounds like PC is having a much better time.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
How is the performance on PC? Specifically 1440p performance with the GTX1080 Ti. I can only find 1080p performance.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
one thing i've noticed with online is the matchmaking seems to have a lot more trouble finding a group when i queue up with a friend than when I go solo. which seems weird unless theres just a bunch of people queueing in groups of 3

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rascyc posted:

PS5 multiplayer still pretty unusable even after the update. Sounds like PC is having a much better time.

I was hoping that it was just because Asian PS5 copies are only getting the patch today for some reason, but if PS5s in other regions are also having the issue that's disappointing to hear. I have like, 7 gold tickets I've been trying to spend for ages lol

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Beat the entry fight to Proud mode, that was a lot of fun discounting the multiple all Narmaya parties that failed out before even getting to 80% completion.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I wish there was a way to stay with a group from open matchmaking. Maybe there is and I'm missing it.

Make it like MonHun, where you can vote to stick together if you want. But also let you queue up another quest right there at the results screen. Like vote to redo or pick a random one, etc.

I also haven't been able to join any random online sessions, and no one has joined any of mine that I've left open either.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 5, 2024

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

PSA about thing that I just learnt: getting off a Full Burst aka 4x SBAs completely refills your link gauge to 100%, so you can do link time > full burst > link time for a mega burst phase.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ibblebibble posted:

I was hoping that it was just because Asian PS5 copies are only getting the patch today for some reason, but if PS5s in other regions are also having the issue that's disappointing to hear. I have like, 7 gold tickets I've been trying to spend for ages lol
Quick match with all region works most of the time for ticket dumping at least

Trying to do specific stuff though, it just network errors all the time while match making.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Quick match with all region works most of the time for ticket dumping at least

Trying to do specific stuff though, it just network errors all the time while match making.

Oh, my issues were with Quick Quest, so maybe they're not related.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
e: wrong thread

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Oh I'm dumb, there is a Vote to Repeat option in the bottom left corner of the last results screen. Hitting square on PS votes, but all 4 have to do it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay now I have all crew members. :hellyeah:

jason3232
Apr 11, 2022

abraham linksys posted:

someone really needs to skim through the literal 15 minutes of credits this game has to see if platinum is in there, because just about every other company in the world who has ever thought of the word "granblue" seems to be (spoilers ofc in the art that's alongside the credits) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNAaut_6bhs

The director of the game, Yasuyuki Kaji, is an ex-PlatinumGames member who worked on Nier Automata and MGR as artist. I am pretty sure there are more names that are ex-Platinum in the credits but that's first one I remembered.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Is there quick way to say "yeah just spend mastery points and unlock everything above this point on the skill tree" when bringing up old crew members to a new level? You can use auto-unlock on something lower down but it'll only pick one branch at each fork in the tree.

Orv
May 4, 2011
‘Fastest’ I’ve found is to go down each branch’s bottom node on auto, doesn’t seem to be a quicker way.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jeffreyw posted:

How is the performance on PC? Specifically 1440p performance with the GTX1080 Ti. I can only find 1080p performance.
i have a much weaker, if more recent card (GTX 1650) and im able to run the game at 60 fps with the model/texture quality at high instead of ultra. there's occasional dips during big bosses/when everyones spamming supers but nothing substantial. you should be fine, the game seems fairly well optimized. being in development for seven years probably helps.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also Yodarha's insanely fun to play, but I hate how he doesn't seem to get a triple shroud stack if the enemy dies before his combo finisher ends. Really annoying on mob stages or fights with adds.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Matchmaking is still hosed for me annoyingly. Really hope the patch drops for the Asian version soon.

At least the AI is still pretty competant in Extreme.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

only time I've ever seen the teammate AI collapse into itself is when vulkan bolla does its little platform elimination technique in bloodthirst.

been getting deep into proud and upgrading my ascension weapon over the weekend. it's hilarious how much of a clusterfuck some of these fights are.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Managed to get to a max hit of 430k or so with Vas while still in Extreme. Still got a lot of numbers to pump.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The AI probably survives better anyway, they just do way less damage. A lot of people online are running like the most glass build possible, the MVP brain worm is real!!!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah the AI will perfectly avoid anything it can actually dodgeroll though, it only gets hit by boss mechanics that require walking out of a big AOE or to a safe zone in advance.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Rascyc posted:

The AI probably survives better anyway, they just do way less damage. A lot of people online are running like the most glass build possible, the MVP brain worm is real!!!

“You can save your hide or you can save your pride.”

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

incidentally if you are running with ai party i really recommend full support build protag as an ai buddy. they can heal, they can buff, they can debuff, they can even rez. with all their skill slots dedicated to it theyll keep decent uptime on their support stuff.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Stormgale posted:

Does mean you can cheat the sigil/curio set though.
Caught up with some friends this morning about save scumming and it sounds like you can scum sigils but not curios

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I've seen some people say that you can spend a crewmate voucher to test a character against Sir Barrold and load a save prior to using it so that you can try a bunch before deciding. Unfortunately this didn't work for me on the very first voucher I got because it autosaved after spending the card, so now I have Percival and didn't get to try out any of the other characters. At least I'm liking the very simple gameplay with him because you never really need to use light attack at all, it seems like (skill>schlacht>skill>schlacht).

VVVV:
Thanks, I didn't realize I had it turned on!

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 5, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You can turn off autosave, so probably you have to do that first to abuse it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The final weapons that drop from Proto Bahamut, seem like a super rare drop that might not be worth the grind? Or are they powerful enough that its worth going through the effort?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

I said come in! posted:

The final weapons that drop from Proto Bahamut, seem like a super rare drop that might not be worth the grind? Or are they powerful enough that its worth going through the effort?

the thing is, right now (and probably forever), The Grind is The Content. saying it isn't worth the grind doesn't really matter unless your only objective is to beat every quest once, in which case no it probably isn't.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Rascyc posted:

A lot of people don't know they are damage capped and wasting slots on general damage increases instead of utility. Run training dummy tests on your characters folks especially once you're in Proud difficulty.

AI can do damage with similar sigils, but won't combo/utilize character mechanics as well as a player. AI Siegfried and Zeta can surprisingly do their loops.

Endorph posted:

incidentally if you are running with ai party i really recommend full support build protag as an ai buddy. they can heal, they can buff, they can debuff, they can even rez. with all their skill slots dedicated to it theyll keep decent uptime on their support stuff.
ATK/DEF buffs start mattering less at higher difficulties because everyone's already damage capped without them so you either slot in more attacks or debuffs instead. Skills that can Slow, Glaciate, Petrify (situational on Percy), or Paralyze should be slotted in. DEF downs aren't going to push past the damage cap though. Supplemental Damage are extra damage instances so they go past the cap

Rascyc posted:

Caught up with some friends this morning about save scumming and it sounds like you can scum sigils but not curios
You can save scum transmutes/transmarvels, but the RNG seed is set until the next quest completion. Abandoning a quest does not change the RNG. Curios are also determined the moment they're looted.

I said come in! posted:

They are far stronger than any other weapon with significant innate damage cap increases.

(unawakened stats)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Countblanc posted:

the thing is, right now (and probably forever), The Grind is The Content. saying it isn't worth the grind doesn't really matter unless your only objective is to beat every quest once, in which case no it probably isn't.

Ooh right, that makes sense. I was looking at it the wrong way.