Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

TremorX posted:

Charlie Kirk, who thinks it's time the right started being gay while doing crimes

I swear the left can't have anything without the right trying to co-opt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
How has nobody convinced chuds that water/oxygen/food are woke?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Total Party Kill posted:

How do we convince them that their homes are woke?

Have a Black trans-woman model start singing the praises of insulation and modern residential wiring.

All she has to do is declare arc-fault interrupters and proper routing of cables as woke and good, and the problem will solve itself in 3-5 years.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I usually hate urban dictionary, but when it's right it's right.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Obsidianheart posted:

Ah, yes, funny people, notoriously good leaders.

(Actually, Zelenskyy seems like a pretty good leader and by all accounts, that guy was hilarious, but whatever.)

I have to wonder if Putin shows up to the meetings of the authoritarian club and gets ragged on for running one of the most "powerful" countries for 20 years and still not being able to conquer a country run by a literal comedian.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Catastrophe posted:

I wonder what shockingly violent outrage would happen if someone removed the caps lock key from Don's keyboard. There would be 157 Truth posts about how unfair.

lol he's not using a keyboard, it's his phone

can you imagine Trump on a computer?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Obsidianheart posted:

Ah, yes, funny people, notoriously good leaders.

(Actually, Zelenskyy seems like a pretty good leader and by all accounts, that guy was hilarious, but whatever.)

I don't know where that "Trump is objectively funny" as a serious right-wing talking point comes from, but it's been gaining a weird amount of momentum recently. I think it really might be all they have left as far as trying to push for him while trying to avoid coming across like a sociopath.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Catastrophe posted:

I wonder what shockingly violent outrage would happen if someone removed the caps lock key from Don's keyboard. There would be 157 Truth posts about how unfair.

He'd throw a shiftfit

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

notwithoutmyanus posted:

How has nobody convinced chuds that water/oxygen/food are woke?

The covid response fell apart because chuds convinced each other that unencumbered breathing is woke.

And there's a subset of chud that thinks pasteurization is woke.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lazyfire posted:

I have to wonder if Putin shows up to the meetings of the authoritarian club and gets ragged on for running one of the most "powerful" countries for 20 years and still not being able to conquer a country run by a literal comedian.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Total Party Kill posted:

How do we convince them that their homes are woke?

Should be much easier than convincing them healthcare, immunization, and healthy eating was woke and against their free will. Might have a greater compounding effect on the former three, too.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Peenist.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Dwesa posted:

why are they attacking Taylor Swift anyway? because sometime in the future she will supposedly endorse Biden?

Taylor Swift is bigger than Jesus, and she hasn't worn a single swastika armband in any of her music videos so Republicans are mad. She's also dating an alpha male and not them, because they're too beta and already married to people they either hate or are bitterly divorced. It's mostly the latter.

Technically true, but it was only one fascist that worked out. The rest are all a bunch of drunk slobs who think that through by association alone they're just like the one fascist that has abs. See also: What you Think you Look Like vs. What you Actually Look Like Meal Team Six memes.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

kazil posted:

I'd imagine he'd do like my dad and nonstop look at the keyboard confused as if it's in an unknown language and then jab at it with his index fingers in hope that those actions will somehow construct legible words.

(I feel bad now because this is entirely insulting to my father and he's adept at using a keyboard and my joke was needlessly reductive of his abilities)

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 5, 2024

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

For everyone talking about polls: What did they look like before the midterms? How accurate were they and have polling companies done any work to update their methods since then?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

kazil posted:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Hunter Biden can do this trick with the giant floor piano from Big

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/803397508349198337

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Casually putting trucker caps with "USA USA" printed on them on my desk like a totally normal person does.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

You just know that Trump double clicks links.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Grey Cat posted:

I usually hate urban dictionary, but when it's right it's right.

Reminds me of the definition of "sanitorum"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Santorum

quote:

The mixture of cum and poo poo that sneaks back out of your rear end an hour after it gets pounded.

My husband and I were in the grocery store when the Santorum snuck down my pant leg and into my boots.

lol

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

1000% None of the poo poo on Trump's desk is stuff he is looking at, working on, involved with - he has some boomer brained idea that it makes him look busy and important to have a cluttered desk.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Total Party Kill posted:

he has some boomer brained idea that it makes him look busy and important to have a cluttered desk.

It's because he got called out on it since he doesn't ever actually do any real work.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Nothing says "working hard" like empty inboxes and outboxes front and center with the rest of your desk covered with hats and magazines.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Total Party Kill posted:

1000% None of the poo poo on Trump's desk is stuff he is looking at, working on, involved with - he has some boomer brained idea that it makes him look busy and important to have a cluttered desk.

Its all part of the Trump show.

quote:

As the plane lifted its nose into the air, gravity pulled at the paper, and — as Trump muttered an expletive and tried in vain to stop it — the heap spilled fries-first into his lap. Though the scene was worthy of Buster Keaton, I managed to stifle a laugh, and instead wondered why this man traveled with Fibber McGee’s closet in the first place.

When he had managed to reconstruct the mountain and dispose of the waffle fries, Trump blamed the chaos on a disembodied group of tormentors he referred to as “they.” “They want me to look at documents,” he explained. But that made no sense. The world’s fastest reader could not plow through Trump’s mess in the time he would spend on his plane that day, nor would any half-competent “they” believe that the way to bring attention to a document is to bury it among reams of unrelated flotsam.

Indeed, Trump did not read anything from the paper piles. Several times during the flight he plucked a news clipping or report seemingly at random from the stack and peered at it with a puzzled look. Then he tossed it back onto the pile. The sequence repeated every five or 10 minutes until I understood completely why many in Trump’s orbit believe he is dyslexic.

But if the mass of material was not to be read, what purpose did it serve?

It was a prop, as much a part of the never-ending Trump Show as the make-believe coat-of-arms he had embossed on each leather seat. The mountain of paper showed how very busy and important its owner was.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Time_pants posted:

Goons are really revealing these past few pages how little they have perceived the passage of time these past 35 or so years.

Well, you're talking about a group of people that still post on a webforum in the year 2024. We are antiquities, relics of a bygone age.

Just ask my son who declared anything pre-2000 as "pre-historic."

Re: The Border Deal --

A couple weeks ago, there was a leak that Trump handed down the order that no deal could happen with Democrats in an election year. I think McConnell met with his caucus about how to change their messaging now to do this. I just do not understand how McConnell could actually go along with this. As much as I hate the man, there had always been at least an acknowledgement that he was intelligent. This path is legitimately bad. Is this just "gently caress you, got mine" turned inward?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Well, you're talking about a group of people that still post on a webforum in the year 2024. We are antiquities, relics of a bygone age.

A couple weeks ago, there was a leak that Trump handed down the order that no deal could happen with Democrats in an election year. I think McConnell met with his caucus about how to change their messaging now to do this. I just do not understand how McConnell could actually go along with this. As much as I hate the man, there had always been at least an acknowledgement that he was intelligent. This path is legitimately bad. Is this just "gently caress you, got mine" turned inward?

No, Mcconnell wants to pass the bill. He's being outmaneuvered by the MAGA wing lol

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Total Party Kill posted:

:hmmyes: :smugdon: has had that performative clutter on his desk for decades now. its probably the same exact crap.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Accipiter posted:

It's because he got called out on it since he doesn't ever actually do any real work.

Is that the special button he presses to order his Diet Cokes?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

That's the face I make every time I have to look over the shoulder of a boss who doesn't understand QWERTY and types like a word a minute. All their files are saved to their desktop. Just loving kill me, dude.

Aramis posted:

I don't know where that "Trump is objectively funny" as a serious right-wing talking point comes from, but it's been gaining a weird amount of momentum recently. I think it really might be all they have left as far as trying to push for him while trying to avoid coming across like a sociopath.

The "mean tweets, strong country" or whatever image has been going around since the election and I think that and the "He's just joking!" poo poo won't go away anytime soon. There's also an anti-war element in the right wing now that continually spread the Donnie the Dove bullshit. I think the latter is going to be a bigger talking point going into November because of Ukraine, Israel, Yemen and Iran related stuff. None of those are really Biden created situations, though his handling of Gaza is questionable at best, the right has decided that Biden is a war president and the conspiracy that there will be a national draft has started circulating among the dumbest and most online influencers who will eventually have their theories broadcast on FOX. We're a few weeks away from some Newsmax person putting the Trump-putting-a-candy-bar-on-a-kid's-head graphic on screen while stating things were more lighthearted when Trump was in control.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

BrideOfUglycat posted:

McConnell's not in control anymore. Trump owns the Republican party lock, stock, and barrel.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Agents are GO! posted:

Nah, we can just shake it off.

I'm very curious what effect the total collapse of the MI GOP is going to have.

It's a good question. It'll probably force the RNC, NRSC and the CLF to pump way more money into the state than they should have to make up for the loss of ground game and such, plus they don't get discounted advertising rates like candidates do so it'll be a fun experiment!

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

In addition to what other people have pointed out about how Trump isn't at all aware of whatever it is the person who set up this photo shoot placed on his desk so he looks busy, there is absolutely is zero chance in hell that Trump can type on a computer, in the traditional sense. If he can even find the letters at all (big "if") it'd be index fingers.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Accipiter posted:

lol his chief of staff wouldn't let him stack state secrets on the resolute desk so he took them home and put them in his bathroom for revenge.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is kind of funny that the republicans are saving us from the democrats giving the president complete control over the border effectively whenever he wants because man can the republicans abuse that kind of power

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lazyfire posted:

That's the face I make every time I have to look over the shoulder of a boss who doesn't understand QWERTY and types like a word a minute. All their files are saved to their desktop. Just loving kill me, dude.

The "mean tweets, strong country" or whatever image has been going around since the election and I think that and the "He's just joking!" poo poo won't go away anytime soon. There's also an anti-war element in the right wing now that continually spread the Donnie the Dove bullshit. I think the latter is going to be a bigger talking point going into November because of Ukraine, Israel, Yemen and Iran related stuff. None of those are really Biden created situations, though his handling of Gaza is questionable at best, the right has decided that Biden is a war president and the conspiracy that there will be a national draft has started circulating among the dumbest and most online influencers who will eventually have their theories broadcast on FOX. We're a few weeks away from some Newsmax person putting the Trump-putting-a-candy-bar-on-a-kid's-head graphic on screen while stating things were more lighthearted when Trump was in control.

i dont think most people buy into donald the dove bullshit outside chuds and weird terminally online lefties. unless biden has major boots on the ground poo poo and or a massive terror attack domestically by some foreign group. i dont think alot of this will matter with exception folks directly effected because of family in region/horror show/etc and i suspect some of those folks just wont vote but gently caress if i know.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

No, Mcconnell wants to pass the bill. He's being outmaneuvered by the MAGA wing lol

McConnell retains power by always doing what the majority of his caucus wants. When there’s a disagreement, they have a meeting and usually hash it out, but this time some of the MAGAs have been reportedly screaming in his face over this, which is not the usual dynamic.

Every GOP senator who is up for reelection this year doesn’t want to get attacked by Trump, and it’s a lot. Plus you have the true believers. McConnell probably personally thinks the bill should go to a floor vote, but I would expect him to do what the majority of GOP senators want him to do, because he is/was/has always been the political equivalent of a “company man.”

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

McConnell retains power by always doing what the majority of his caucus wants. When there’s a disagreement, they have a meeting and usually hash it out, but this time some of the MAGAs have been reportedly screaming in his face over this, which is not the usual dynamic.

Every GOP senator who is up for reelection this year doesn’t want to get attacked by Trump, and it’s a lot. Plus you have the true believers. McConnell probably personally thinks the bill should go to a floor vote, but I would expect him to do what the majority of GOP senators want him to do, because he is/was/has always been the political equivalent of a “company man.”

mcconnel probably does want to pass the ukraine stuff but i think his view is let it pass the senate and let the maga morons of the house take the blame when it gets sunk or barely passes or whatever.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
one of the funnier Donnie show desk pics is the one where the family pics point outward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Haha you can practically see the question mark over his head