Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/09sa4px.mp4

E:

Launchpad McQuack posted:

Pretty sure different footage came out showing he didn't in fact punch the horse and all charges were dropped.

Yeah he was holding his fist up in the air to ward off the horse, he didn't swing a punch and I don't know if he really connected at all.

As opposed to the gronk down in Melbourne who repeatedly whacked a police horse over the head with a flagpole during a similar anti-lockdown protest, that guy got sent to prison for two years

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 05:15 on Feb 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they should have let the horse choose his punishment

hoof to the face or to the balls

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Horses are too stupid to internalize the cop mentality.

Not that the pigs are much smarter.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Non Compos Mentis posted:

they should have let the horse choose his punishment

hoof to the face or to the balls
por que no los dos?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
So if the bastards are riding an animal you can't defend yourself against them anymore?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Party In My Diapee posted:

So if the bastards are riding an animal you can't defend yourself against them anymore?

thats why you have a polearm or spear to get them off the horse

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Non Compos Mentis posted:

thats why you have a polearm or spear to get them off the horse

Lotta those pole arms were used on the horses, historically speaking.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/MXSWk1n.mp4

:ohdear:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

There was some Rescue 9/11 show on tv when I was a kid where this happened to a 10yo boy, but his skin got grabbed by the end of the escalator. :gonk: He was badly injured and I was pretty much scarred for life.

I really hope it was all fake, but this clip gave me nightmare flashbacks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Butterfly Valley posted:

People shouldn't punch horses imo even if they are cop horses

All clops are bastards.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

RIP Freckles, thought of fentanyl and died.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Sywert of Thieves posted:

There was some Rescue 9/11 show on tv when I was a kid where this happened to a 10yo boy, but his skin got grabbed by the end of the escalator. :gonk: He was badly injured and I was pretty much scarred for life.

Imagine how much weight an escalator must be rated to move, 1000s of pounds at least. People don't think about it because they're in the middle of a shopping mall but they're basically standing on top of a piece of construction equipment :stonk:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Party In My Diapee posted:

Punching a horse is more likely going to result in you getting bitten or your head caved him by a kick then scaring off the horse.
Do not mess with horses, they will gently caress you up.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Final Destination 4 is rear end, but that escalator scene was really :gonk:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

An escalator ate 1/4 of one of my Converses at a local mall. I just didn’t lift my foot soon enough and just there it went. I was fine but had to walk home with all my toes hanging out

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mega Comrade posted:

Punching a horse is more likely going to result in you getting bitten or your head caved him by a kick then scaring off the horse.
Do not mess with horses, they will gently caress you up.
What a about camels

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Takes No Damage posted:

Imagine how much weight an escalator must be rated to move, 1000s of pounds at least. People don't think about it because they're in the middle of a shopping mall but they're basically standing on top of a piece of construction equipment :stonk:

Chinese escalators have consumed unfortunate souls whole on multiple occasions

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Fishstick posted:

About 30 people die each year in the USA from escalator and elevator related incidents.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bald Stalin posted:

About 30 people die each year in the USA from escalator and elevator related incidents.

Apparently the huge majority of escalator injuries are in two demographics: elderly woman and intoxicated men under 60. It's little old ladies taking a tumble or drunk fucks falling on their rear end

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fishstick posted:

That's how they keep the sprockets lubricated

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/qfV6cpW.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/aWbcK4T.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
wtf does “aesthetic” mean here?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

"this is why i stopped trying look graceful"

Mario Yesyes
Oct 30, 2012

madmatt112 posted:

JRHNBR baby

I hate you.

Which is to say, of course, I hate myself.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Light: sabered

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

OH GOD, I found the exact clip :gonk: I recognized the clothing and camera angles, but I am absolutely not watching all of it, the (re-enacted) kid's screams will give me nightmares all over again. :nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtuldjNfkoI:nms:

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Scratch Monkey posted:

Based on the video I'm gonna say vandalism lol

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Scratch Monkey posted:

Making videos of yourself acting like you're in a wes Anderson film

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

OH GOD, I found the exact clip :gonk: I recognized the clothing and camera angles, but I am absolutely not watching all of it, the (re-enacted) kid's screams will give me nightmares all over again. :nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtuldjNfkoI:nms:

His clothes get caught, not his skin. I also watched this as a <10yo and that poo poo pretty much scarred me for life, 3+ decades later I still maintain a healthy fear and respect for escalators. I'm still not actually sure if everything on that show was a recreation or not. Like did they really stick some kid's foot back in a toilet so that fake paramedics could drag it out to the driveway and smash it apart while they're screaming and crying?

Rescue 9-11 was kinda traumatic to watch, ngl

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I was pushed down an escalator when I was 5 so I already had a healthy fear of them and that segment hosed ME UP as a kid. You couldn't get me to step on one of those murder machines until I was a teen.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I used to be really wary around escalators as a kid, I'd always hop off and clear the top part without my feet being anywhere close to it. My dad always thought I was being a scaredy-cat but as I've later learned from browsing Something Awful I was actually the smart one

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Snowned

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A few years ago I was carrying a ladder while riding an escalator, and it got caught between the steps and a ceiling beam that was a bit lower than I expected. It was instantly crushed out of shape without the escalator hiccuping for a moment. I was probably lucky not to have been injured since I was a few inches away

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

haveblue posted:

A few years ago I was carrying a ladder while riding an escalator, and it got caught between the steps and a ceiling beam that was a bit lower than I expected. It was instantly crushed out of shape without the escalator hiccuping for a moment. I was probably lucky not to have been injured since I was a few inches away

We had someone do this at the store back when I worked retail, it ruined the ladder and punched a hole in the ceiling. Both him and you are lucky it didn't cause the elevator step to swing around and pull you into the gears like that guy in China.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I have witnessed this thing happening. Kid was standing infront of his dad wearing flipflops. They got to the bottom and the flipflop quickly got munched by the escalator, the father oblivious to what was going on probably figured his kid was messing around and pushed him forward but kid was going nowhere and the escalator had moved on to the skin of his feet. Kid was wailing like Goku. I was going to rush forward to hit the escalator emergency stop button but... there wasnt one at the bottom, I guess it was at the top? People were yelling 'stop the escalator!' and since there was nothing I could think to do from where I was I turned around and speedwalked away so I didn't have to keep seeing this. You could hear that kid crying across the whole drat mall.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
This thread has taught me two rules for life: Do not gently caress around with horses or escalators.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Cautiously avoiding and stepping over the escalator seam is the definition of a healthy level of fear. People who don't are psychopaths :colbert:.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMZ-Buj2n0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh, and speaking of horses and escalators, also don't look up shredders on youtube