Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Grey Cat posted:

Hate her 'cause ya anus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Accipiter posted:

It's because he got called out on it since he doesn't ever actually do any real work.

Wow, the AI images have started to get good. Wait, these are real? The two phones picture is legit? I hate this place.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

Here's a less effort post about dumb poo poo Trump posted last night

Dude you stole classified documents after your access had been revoked, fondled a bunch of other poo poo you shouldn't have, incited and coordinated a bunch of people to assault cops and trespass in restricted areas, apparently handed out fentanyl like candy, made a big loving show of all of it, and that's just like the short list.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I will say Biden does have issues in Michigan, and that's not because I've read polls. It's because local officials are saying this based on what they're hearing on the ground.

Does that mean it's over for him in the state? Not at all, but he's gonna have to put in a lot of work, especially with the Arab community which makes up not a small portion of the electorate

Michigan?

gently caress me the GOP collapsed there, do the regressive chud dipshits still want to burn everything down just because there?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Is this Zoolander?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Shawn Michaels is a treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d_nDWBRAN8

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Captain Fargle posted:

For everyone talking about polls: What did they look like before the midterms? How accurate were they and have polling companies done any work to update their methods since then?

Apparently, pretty accurate, with the caveat that Trump wasn't running:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/12/us/elections/2022-poll-accuracy.html

Polls in 2020 were significantly off, though, in Biden's favor (the polls gave Biden about an 8 percent lead, and he won by about 4.5 percent).

Also, of course, accuracy is typically measured by polls conducted late in the cycle, not polls conducted in January.

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 5, 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TulliusCicero posted:

Michigan?

gently caress me the GOP collapsed there, do the regressive chud dipshits still want to burn everything down just because there?
The idea is that if enough people sit out or vote R as an anti Biden thing they might win anyway. Might, mind you

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Lazyfire posted:

Wow, the AI images have started to get good. Wait, these are real? The two phones picture is legit? I hate this place.

One is a secure phone, one is a regular phone. Look at the backs of the phones and you can see one is bulkier, to be more secure.

Which, also, lol. The first photo is 100% staged, as he is holding the secure phone. There is no way anyone should have a secure phonecall while a photographer is sitting there taking pictures of you. Though on the other hand, who knows, lol.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Polls in 2020 were significantly off, though, in Biden's favor (the polls gave Biden about an 8 percent lead, and he won by about 4.5 percent).

lol.

quote:

Voters have been shown to have poor recall of whom they voted for or even whether they voted at all, typically being more likely to recall voting for the winner. One study of Canadian voters found up to a quarter of voters were inconsistent when recalling whom they had voted for.

This misrepresentation of past vote can push polls in different directions depending on who won the most recent election. In 2022, that meant respondents were more likely to say they had supported Joe Biden, and pollsters using recalled vote would end up giving them less weight, meaning Republican support was bolstered.

But with a prior winner from a different party, the effect would be reversed. An assessment by The Times found that weighting its 2020 polls using recalled 2016 vote would have made them even more biased toward Mr. Biden. And a report from the American Association for Public Opinion Research examining how 2020 polls could have been improved found that polls that weighted on recalled vote were no better than those that didn’t.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

I'm not sure what if any formal analysis has been done on 2020 polls, but I would suspect that pandemic quarantine becoming politicized might have given dems more opportunities to pick up the phone for a poll and generate a bias like that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I wonder if there isn't a bias against the incumbent.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Michigan?

Michigan has one of the largest Arab-speaking enclaves in it with Dearborn and in Detroit in general, so it's not that surprising that he may be polling poorly even among the more liberal types in the state specifically because of the Palestinian genocide going on right now.

Northern michigan/The UP also went from being an extremely strong democratic/union stronghold to basically being gentrified, over the last 15-20 years or so, by conservative shitheels wanting a place they can live on the government dole/disability fraud without actually working and also get tax exempt status on their non-denominational house-church consisting of their 14 family members. Started happening around the start of the Bush admin, picked up a ton of steam during the Obama admin for the exact reasons you think.

Also, central Michigan and the Thumb are loving hickshit central. Literally where the bullshit STATE MILITIA thing comes from we're still dealing with everywhere to this day. S'where Tim McVeigh learned his poo poo, so, yeah, not organized, but the sort that absolutely want to just burn down the government because they've been told it's evil and they jerked off while reading Unintended Consequences too many times.

That said, everyone over here on the super conservative west side who isn't already a chud has basically signed a blood pact to vote for Biden thanks to the fuckery of the Ottawa county board trying to go full microstate fascist over the last 4 years, people trying to gently caress with the libraries and etc. Can't get 'em out to defend an abortion clinic or march in a pride parade as allies, but they'll sure as gently caress go to bat the second a religious fundie threatens a JK Rowling novel on the library shelf.

It's a great state.

Mudlark fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 5, 2024

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

Accipiter posted:

It's because he got called out on it since he doesn't ever actually do any real work.

is that the diet coke button?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yes, it is

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:byodood: Uh no, actually, libtard. He works so hard and fast that nothing stays on his desk for more than a minute. He uses his gut feeling and deals with everything faster than anybody else in the world because he's such a great businessman! It's like "Sir, sir, here's your day's documents to deal wi- Oh wow you've finished them already!"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So cool when you have a sitting Senator (JD Vance), just openly saying "yeah, I'd overthrow the government and ignore the results of an election."

Strong Constitutional vibes, loves freedom and such....

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

I wonder if chuds in the wild have taken to MAGA-ing at the end of every sentence?

"Yes, I'd like a Diet Coke and a tuna sandwich please. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Also, of course, accuracy is typically measured by polls conducted late in the cycle, not polls conducted in January.

So what would happen in 2024, if polls vs votes broke in the same way as 2020, if the election were held right now?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Haha you can practically see the question mark over his head

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I sounds like whoever was ultimately in charge at the Pentagon 4 years ago was a compete lunatic.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

bird with big dick posted:

So what would happen in 2024, if polls vs votes broke in the same way as 2020, if the election were held right now?

Jeb! by 530 EVs

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

"That's right, sir. Now click on the 'MILF' category as well and hit search."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Jeb! by 530 EVs

You know poo poo's crazy when the soothing solidity of Jeb! seems nice, somehow....

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Stoatbringer posted:

"That's right, sir. Now click on the 'MILF' category as well and hit search."

Does Trump endorse RAW MILF's?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

RFK Jr wins

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

Does Trump endorse RAW MILF's?

Goddamn that’s good one

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Probably a lot of people would be caught by surprise and not vote.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump's 2024 campaign slogan is "make america great again"

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

redshirt posted:

You know poo poo's crazy when the soothing solidity of Jeb! seems nice, somehow....

I pine for the quiet intellectual dignity of the GWB era Republican Party and I wish I was joking

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

its because they think its funny.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

It's just a reference to the quote right above?

Aramis fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 5, 2024

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Lmao, just going on television and telling lies.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Deport him... from his position!!!! hehehehe!!!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Toxic Mental posted:

Deport him... from his position!!!! hehehehe!!!

Government by trolling. Glad this is where we are as a nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

New comic from Ruben Bolling. This time about the border: