Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

My dream scenario is that he works out a deal with TK where he books ROH. The Codyverse needs a containment zone and I'd honestly love to see what an entire promotion's worth of his dumb ideas would look like.

The Ring of Codyverse would unironically kind of be wild and interesting.

Joey McChrist posted:

shawn michaels being a prick to dwaynes grandma is the domino that gets HHH fired from the fed

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave stuff from Observer Radio regarding the situation:

Dwayne/Reigns was part of Dwayne's deal to join the TKO board and get his trademark back. It was all one deal, made between Dwayne, Ari, and Nick Khan, and it was made January 3
Few in the company were made aware (obviously this includes Cody and HHH, the latter of whom now has at least 5-7 people with more authority than him instead of just the 3-5 while Vince was back, being left in the dark); nobody knows why Cody was booked to win the Rumble with this planned, and they were being told early-last week the plan had still been Reigns/Cody. Cody thought this, that's why he pointed at him to end the Rumble. Unsure about SRS' report that he didn't find out till Friday on the way to the show, having to do the "I'll think about it, Seth" tease Monday should have been a red flag something was up
Dwayne/Reigns merch has been made, sponsorships have been signed too
Plan as of this weekend is Seth/Cody for the participation trophy. Period
Dave thinks having Cody publicly pass the torch over and step aside was done on-air to get him more over/humble with fans, like peak Daniel Bryan in the company; Alvarez was baffled by that because after two years of him being back in the company and always either in the world title scene or competing against/beating people who went on to become champs, he doesn't know how much more over he's supposed to have to get

should’ve just had the rock enter the rumble & win it. this is loving hilarious.

also, what are they doing with the mitb briefcase now?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the rock gets what he wants

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave stuff from Observer Radio regarding the situation:

Dwayne/Reigns was part of Dwayne's deal to join the TKO board and get his trademark back. It was all one deal, made between Dwayne, Ari, and Nick Khan, and it was made January 3

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

DEAR RICHARD posted:

should’ve just had the rock enter the rumble & win it. this is loving hilarious.
rock obviously did not want to get booed at the royal rumble again

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

NorgLyle posted:

In three years, does Cody crawl back to AEW or does he try to start another promotion with like... Bobby Fish and Enzo or something.

Would a 41 year old Cody really leave WWE and go elsewhere? I don't think so.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

also, what are they doing with the mitb briefcase now?

Seriously. Just slot him in at 29 or 30 and win the thing if this is what they were doing.

I mean... Priest is going to take the title off Cody soon after he wins it, because the face has the chase the heel!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

who's ready for babyface roman

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That DICK! posted:

who's ready for babyface rock

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That DICK! posted:

who's ready for babyface roman

Goodguy
On a
Different Level
Mode

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

both these guys! both these guys!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW would/should welcome Cody back if only for the promos. Years of every opponent being able to refute Cody's every point by saying "That may be true, but at least I didn't give away a Wrestlemania main event title shot".

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

black atom didn’t take off and cody loses his spot

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the rock needs his spot, brother

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the hierarchy of the DC universe has changed. Black Adam > Derek Sampson

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The hierarchy of power in the WWE is about to change

Edit: motherfucker

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

If Burton got to make his Nic Cage Superman movie none of this would be hapoening

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is all happening because Warren Sapp committed to Miami.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The hierarchy of power in the WWE is about to change

Edit: motherfucker

https://x.com/TonyKhan/status/1326969585334185985?s=20

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

who do you think was more owned this year? this owning is pretty hard but i think the win still goes to punk just based on consistency over the year

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

who do you think was more owned this year? this owning is pretty hard but i think the win still goes to punk just based on consistency over the year

Captain, it's February.

Cody has new depths he can sink to, punk is out with a torn triceps.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh yeah. years are crazy

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so funny it is just describing this week as well, since PAC is almost ready to return yet again

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i forgot what the aces up his sleeves were

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

yea ok posted:

You wanna play 21, he's got 22

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

sting

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

yea ok posted:

Kenny title win and heel turn, and Sting coming in are the big two I can think of.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

yea ok posted:

KENTA showed up pretty shortly after this. So, the NJPW partnership.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Cody pointing at the Wrestlemania sign and going "Gosh I hope SOMEBODY shows that Roman Reigns what for!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody was pointing at thin air

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it rules that the Rock was apparently going to do this completely separately from the Vince lawsuit blowing up and it looks so bad that people think it's crisis PR.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK! posted:

the answer is clearly HHH, and thats without even considering the divorce

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cody was pointing at thin air

As if a switch had been turned, as if an eye had been blinked, as if some phantom force in the universe had made a move eons beyond our comprehension, suddenly, there was no trail! There was no American Nightmare, no Son of a Son of a Plumber, no thing called "Cody" to be followed. There was nothing in the ring but the puzzled uces of courage, who suddenly found themselves alone with shadows and darkness!

With a tweet, one cloud lifts, and another descends.

Professional Wrestler Cody Garrett Runnels Rhodes, rescued, alive, well, and of normal size, some one thousand miles away in Jacksonville, with no memory of where he has been, or how he was separated from his promotion! Then who, or what, has landed here? Is it here yet? Or has the cosmic switch been pulled? Case in point: The line between work and shoot is microscopically thin! You have witnessed the line being shaved even thinner!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Good loving lord Dwayne is turning into a corncob before our eyes.
I'm not sure how much respect I had for him before this but you take that amount, then subtract that amount and that's about where I am right now.
Also; FFS Roman wrestle two nights in a row you George RR Martin turd. If you can't do that than why the hell are you still in the business, much less the champion?

Why the hell do I have any emotional investment in this? I should be laughing at this flaming dog turd of a situation. And I still am but there's still so much frustration here.
(And yes obviously this pales compared to the Vince situation but I can be mad at two things. I can be mad at many things it turns out).

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 5, 2024

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS, CODY, YOU HAVE WON THE ROYAL RUMBLE BATTLE! WHAT IS YOUR WISH?

SO, YOU WANT TO FINISH YOUR STORY AND MAKE WRESTLEMANIA 40 HAVE THE BIGGEST MAIN EVENT OF ALL TIME? YOUR WISH IS GRANTED!

The fans will be SO grateful that you've given your title match to the Rock, it promises to be a truly star-studded show....! And as for your story - are you on Xbox or PS5....?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

As if a switch had been turned, as if an eye had been blinked, as if some phantom force in the universe had made a move eons beyond our comprehension, suddenly, there was no trail! There was no American Nightmare, no Son of a Son of a Plumber, no thing called "Cody" to be followed. There was nothing in the ring but the puzzled uces of courage, who suddenly found themselves alone with shadows and darkness!

With a tweet, one cloud lifts, and another descends.

Professional Wrestler Cody Garrett Runnels Rhodes, rescued, alive, well, and of normal size, some one thousand miles away in Jacksonville, with no memory of where he has been, or how he was separated from his promotion! Then who, or what, has landed here? Is it here yet? Or has the cosmic switch been pulled? Case in point: The line between work and shoot is microscopically thin! You have witnessed the line being shaved even thinner!

This thread has been on fire all week oh my god

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
like bret hart i can only be mad at one person at a time

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

man goes to the doctor and says "doctor, I am depressed. the hierarchy of power in the DC Universe shifted, but away from me." doctor says, "the most electrifying man in sports entertainment is appearing live tonight. I think --" man bursts into tears and says, "it doesn't matter what you think"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
That gif from Fast & Furious where Rock has his arm in a cast and he flexes so hard it explodes off except the cast has "Cody's Story" written on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
So is Dwayne going all in with wrestling because he’s giving up on his tanking Hollywood career, or is this just a sidequest? It doesn’t seem that long ago he was bigtiming WWE and didn’t want anything to do with them.

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 5, 2024