Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

He turns 38 this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

IcePhoenix posted:

They already set expectations at the start of the offseason so it wasn't really much of a shock. Any big move was always going to have to come via trade.

Exactly. And we're talking about a FO that has taken much larger free agency swings than any prior Twins group. Being disappointed the Pohlads used the TV situation to scale back payroll is valid, but Falvey and company have to work within the confines of the budget. If anything, they've been the force that brought payrolls up in recent history.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-822093808/wdjdd-remix-2

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Angels twitter spreading rumors about Mark Cuban buying the team.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bees x1000 posted:

Angels twitter spreading rumors about Mark Cuban buying the team.

He can try, but the MLB ownership establishment detests him; this is what torpedoed his two prior attempts to buy the Cubs. The old guard made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that they would vote against any ownership bid of Cuban's.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Cuban would be perfect for the Angels because he'd come in with big hype and then definitely gently caress it up somehow anyway

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

live with fruit posted:

The AL Central is a scam.

It's insane that two texas teams are in the AL west.
Dissolve both of them, and give teams to Portland and Boise, IMO.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

And when I say dissolve, I mean in acid.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Wayne Knight posted:

Don't give anything to Boise. Idaho doesn't deserve nice things.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Even if the division doesn’t make sense, at least they’re both in it so you can get some fun rivalry games when they’re both good - like Dodgers-Giants. Now that there’s a universal DH they should redo divisions so there’s more of that.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Abolish Divisions

Balance the Schedule

Restore The Pennant

R E T V R N

and expand the postseason to 32 teams

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 4, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Get rid of the regular season, somehow make it 162 playoff games

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

This would have been a perfect troll of the media/public if Shohei could stop himself from giggling

https://twitter.com/DecoOhtani117/status/1753929808860549500

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Wayne Knight posted:

But if we dissolve the Texas teams then we lose the AL West ASSHAT though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wait poo poo who is closing for both teams now?!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Redeye Flight posted:

But if we dissolve the Texas teams then we lose the AL West ASSHAT though.

50/50 that Fisher gives Oakland the A's name and rebrands since everyone in Nevada associates it with professional failures carpetbagging from California. It's negative value to a city who blames every minor inconvenience on Californians moving in.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Inspector_666 posted:

Wait poo poo who is closing for both teams now?!

Mariners don't really use a 'closer', it'll be Matt Brash, Andres Munoz, and Santos in their high leverage roles based on matchup/rest.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Mariners don't really use a 'closer', it'll be Matt Brash, Andres Munoz, and Santos in their high leverage roles based on matchup/rest.

Yeah I think the fantasyheads assuming Munoz will be a capital C Closer are mistaken. Luckily I have him in a S+HLD league :smuggo:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Wayne Knight posted:

if you are on the wrong side of the missasip you should be in the west, destroy the central ans bring back two divisions

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Give Utah a team. Need more dingers.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Jubs posted:

Give Utah a team. Need more dingers.

Jo Adell had a .404 wOBA in Salt Lake last year but only a 122 wRC+. We need more of that in the majors.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1754354306428408021

lmao what the gently caress are we doing here

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Tony Kemp rules

but he's not exactly an impact baseball player

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

rickiep00h posted:

He turns 38 this year.

Is Santana still good at defense? Because that infield is gonna be slick as hell if he can still pick it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Wayne Knight posted:

It's it too late to give the A's to Portland and cancel the plans to build yet another fuckin venue on the Strip with no parking that will gently caress up traffic?

I'm still pissed that the big vacant lot where the Fiesta was in Henderson was overlooked. Plenty of space, near a freeway offramp, adjacent to a historic district with good food? gently caress that, we need a shoebox on the Strip! Surely locals will love navigating that bullshit for the loving A's!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status/1754552486285689250?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wow

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1754566041554894939?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

longest/largest deal the royals have given out in history by like a factor of 3-4 lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Goddamn that's an extension.

Huge steal for the Royals if Witt is in fact the truth long term.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It seems like the Royals may have the beginning of a competent core right now, and they actually spent money on FAs, could they actually be competitive soonish?!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Here are the specific details

https://twitter.com/anne__rogers/status/1754567450069201179?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Actually a pretty good deal for Witt with those opt outs

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Yeah wow it's a ton of guaranteed money for what might end up being only three extra years of team control.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Inspector_666 posted:

It seems like the Royals may have the beginning of a competent core right now, and they actually spent money on FAs, could they actually be competitive soonish?!

I’m not fully sure of that - outside witt, their other big time prospects that graduated have done poorly and they have a bottom tier farm system. They feel unlikely to be competitive at all in the next few years

uggy fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 5, 2024

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Yeah, Witt is really good, and then there are a bunch of "yeah you can probably make the playoffs if he's one of your 6 worst guys"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can he stick at SS?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm always surprised that teams do this considering how little they have to pay rookies, even arb eligible ones

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

Yeah that seems surprisingly cheap.

But it's the Royals so he'll get hurt in spring training and proceed to Adalberto Mondesi it for the next 10 years because we can't have nice things

(Except 2014-2015. That was nice)

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

AndrewP posted:

I'm always surprised that teams do this considering how little they have to pay rookies, even arb eligible ones

This is more of a statement - far too many Royals fans remember the years when every decent player would get traded away before they hit FA.

They don't have nearly enough talent to be competitive but playing in the AL Central makes it a lot easier to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Reminder the White Sox have yet to sign a player to a $100+ million contract.