Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

billymumphrey posted:

legacy artists?

Stink Billyums posted:

new legacy artist

is this an rlm euphemism i missed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rinkles posted:

It’s not new and they did use it in the latest video. It’s their term for nepo-babies.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Mike takes umbrage at people correctly pointing out that lots of Hollywood actors only achieve their goals through parental connections, and prefers to call them legacy artists. He’s gone woke, basically

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Kingo Ligma posted:

No, it's that the job of removing those was done by hand, directly on film, which is not feasible because we no longer shoot on film, and as a result there's no one with those skills left. The act if the paint out wasn't invented with computers, numb nuts. It's called a paint out because people used to literally paint out reflections, wire, license plates, etc etc.

You know, exactly what I wrote in my prior posts. What used to be a practical, manual undertaking, has been replaced by computer work. And like how dummies like you don't think an old fashioned paint out is effects work, dummies like you don't realise a modern paint out is cgi.

OK, pal, that's not what you said and that's not what I said, but you do you. I know you think you're a film expert because you spent a summer as a coffee gofer on a reality show or something, but you've got to be the most tiresome poster in this thread.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Rinkles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOMJe51OYgo&t=1176s

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Crescent Wrench posted:

OK, pal, that's not what you said and that's not what I said, but you do you. I know you think you're a film expert because you spent a summer as a coffee gofer on a reality show or something, but you've got to be the most tiresome poster in this thread.

I don't know if you are intentionally trying to set a record for dumbest post in this thread, but you can stop now. You've achieved your goal.

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

dreezy posted:

the other 20 is giving jay crows feet in a futile attempt to ward off the thirstposters

you dont think hes ACTUALLY aging do you? my sweet beautiful painfully unfunny susan bauman? undergoing twink death? impossible

His ad read for “Vitaly Medical” made me incontinent with chuckles.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

LanceHunter posted:

I don't know if you are intentionally trying to set a record for dumbest post in this thread, but you can stop now. You've achieved your goal.

I'm afraid that doesn't even crack the top 50 dumbest posts in this thread

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

how can Diablo Cody be stopped?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Only Dios Zack can stop her

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

Wizard

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Crescent Wrench posted:

I've made three hundred plus episodes of television, both reality and scripted, as well as worked on several films, ads, music videos blah blah blah but none of that matters because the only qualification you need to know there aren't a whole lot of Matthew Paintings listed in the phone book in 2024 is not being a loving idiot.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

fuzzyduckbutt
Mar 3, 2016
I wish my husband Sam Rockwell would be in better movies :(

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Matt Paintings was the Rich Evans of 1895

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Barudak posted:

I do not understand how their is a Gladiator 2 and its existence diminishes cinemas finest wheat field.

So you’re… not… entertained?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

priznat posted:

I hate to admit it but I am actually keen to see Deadpool 3. I actually quite enjoyed the first 2 and Reynolds still entertains me, Free Guy notwithstanding.

I was never into deadpool the comic character, I was just out of reading comics by that time but if he was around a few years earlier I probably would have been all over that.

Is there a German word to describe enjoying a movie only because it was shot on location in an area you know well, so you watch the movie only to see the places you know?

That's Free Guy for me, a detailed film exploration of Boston's Post Office Square area.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mega64 posted:

Pretend the entire movie takes in a computer, now you can have as many wires as you want.

This is why the effects in the matrix still hold up today

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We can definitely make worse posts we must try harder

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

sharknado slashfic posted:

We can definitely make worse posts we must try harder

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Arbite posted:

It's such a great movie. Also rewatching it, the celebration of Joe Louis' win made me realize how rare huge crowd shots are these days.

another thing I should have mentioned was that I love the surreal sequences in the film. they are used sparingly and aren't obnoxious like surreal stuff tends to be in many non-lynch films; they serve to actually enhance the emotional state the audience is feeling from the characters or montages as they play out.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Godzilla was fine. But they should have made it that the guy tricks him into pulling the ejector seat. i know technically that might not have the catharsis of him choosing to try to live but STILL.

might have made sense in the i have chosen that i will give my life for others and have been forgiven and can move on way. i dunno im not a screenwriter

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Kingo Ligma posted:

I've made three hundred plus episodes of television, both reality and scripted, as well as worked on several films, ads, music videos blah blah blah but none of that matters because the only qualification you need to know there aren't a whole lot of Matthew Paintings listed in the phone book in 2024 is not being a loving idiot.

Lol
https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/search-filings/filing/10509027302965

LookieLoo fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 5, 2024

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
listen here, you little poo poo

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I didn’t edit hundreds of hours of confessionals on the real housewives of Christchurch just to have some Internet forum dipshit tell me how my craft is crafted

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Endless Trash posted:

I didn’t edit hundreds of hours of confessionals on the real housewives of Christchurch just to have some Internet forum dipshit tell me how my craft is crafted

I unironically want to see an ep of that, the most out of control rich kiwi lady is probably hilariously tame by US standards.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Endless Trash posted:

lmfao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Digitally erasing the wires when a housewife slaps another housewife clean across a restaurant

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Keep Matthew Painting's name out ya fuckin mouth

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Endless Trash posted:

lol

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Are you saying the real housewives themselves were all just Matthew paintings!?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Endless Trash posted:

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

ZeusCannon posted:

Godzilla was fine. But they should have made it that the guy tricks him into pulling the ejector seat. i know technically that might not have the catharsis of him choosing to try to live but STILL.

might have made sense in the i have chosen that i will give my life for others and have been forgiven and can move on way. i dunno im not a screenwriter

dude no, him being rewarded for re-committing to what he correctly avoided at the start of the film would've shot the core message of the movie in the foot. they drat near have a character turn to the camera and tell the audience directly that the idea of noble sacrifice is a crock of poo poo and that the lead needs to let go of his guilt and choose to live

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Barudak posted:

I do not understand how their is a Gladiator 2 and its existence diminishes cinemas finest wheat field.

I hope they used Nick Cave’s script where Russell Crowe’s character comes back to life as an immortal warrior who defeats the ghost of Jesus and is only referred to as Gladiator by other characters and himself.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im so loving sick of the vagueposting in this thread. what the gently caress is matthew painting? i hope it's tasteful nudes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ZeusCannon posted:

A random lady character should have rammed him and then made out with him in the rubble and then completely disappeared in Godzilla Minus 1 2

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Sunk Dunk posted:

im so loving sick of the vagueposting in this thread. what the gently caress is matthew painting? i hope it's tasteful nudes

Matthew Painting as a who, not what.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm kind of surprised there's never been a godzilla fighting samurai film. That seems like the minus 2 the people would want to see

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Outpost22 posted:

Matthew Painting as a who, not what.

Sorry I don't care much for the Dr. Seuss cinematic universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ZeusCannon posted:

Absolutely not. The fact that he had to make the choice himself is the entire point.