Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm kind of surprised there's never been a godzilla fighting samurai film. That seems like the minus 2 the people would want to see

Tom Cruise in Godzilla vs Last Samurai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm kind of surprised there's never been a godzilla fighting samurai film. That seems like the minus 2 the people would want to see

minus 2 IQ, maybe

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

im so loving sick of the vagueposting in this thread. what the gently caress is matthew painting? i hope it's tasteful nudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4d3YJ9S-aY

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The MCU (minus one cinematic universe) already established godzilla used to be smaller so he's good to go as a match for guys with spears and matchlocks and cannons. You love to see careful setup

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I think the world is reaady for a TMNT vs Godzilla movie

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Godzilla vs 2001 A Space Odyssey

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kalel posted:

minus 2 IQ, maybe

I can afford to lose some :smugbird:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I saw Transformers 2 in the building they shot part of the movie in. Does that count?

(It was in the Imax at the Udvar-Hazy Air&Space museum.)

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Presto posted:

I saw Transformers 2 in the building they shot part of the movie in. Does that count?

nice of them to have tvs in the mental asylum

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Danny Boyle, Guy Ritchie, and Matthew Vaughn are all the same person.

Nerd crew should have been another "Endless Trash" segment.

That's Daimajin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimajin

Or Orochi: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orochi,_the_Eight-Headed_Dragon

Or The Magic Serpent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_Serpent

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

how about Godzilla Vs. All The Hollywood Legacy Artists. I wanna see that

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

spoiler: all the nepo babies loving d*e

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
godzillas son is a legacy artist

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
If Godzilla keeps regenerating is he still technically the same Godzilla? Is this a Kaiju of Theseus situation?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Godzilla vs Jack

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Godzilla x Kong The New Empire had me thinking about the ice theme of it, alongside Ghostbusters Frozen Empire

did a Hollywood algorithm a couple years ago pick up "icy empires" as marketable? maybe the unwashed masses need a break from global warming

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Neo-godzilla takes flight. Stunned scientist "...they fly now?"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

No, it's that the job of removing those was done by hand, directly on film, which is not feasible because we no longer shoot on film, and as a result there's no one with those skills left. The act if the paint out wasn't invented with computers, numb nuts. It's called a paint out because people used to literally paint out reflections, wire, license plates, etc etc.

You know, exactly what I wrote in my prior posts. What used to be a practical, manual undertaking, has been replaced by computer work. And like how dummies like you don't think an old fashioned paint out is effects work, dummies like you don't realise a modern paint out is cgi.

some people treat 'computer generated imagery' as referring to '3d renders' since that's what it sounds like on the face of it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Tunicate posted:

some people treat 'computer generated imagery' as referring to '3d renders' since that's what it sounds like on the face of it
right

I wondered about this distinction yesterday but didn't feel like watching the "no cgi really means invisible cgi" video to find out if it addressed it

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
having made a successful career in the big city, godzilla returns to his rural hometown for the holidays to find his family's small business is at risk of going under due to competition from the new big box store and meets a charming tall white man with brown hair and despite initial disagreements an unmistakable chemistry develops between the two and they engage in wholesome nonsexual social outings and godzilla atomic breaths the big box store saving his familys business and the lovebirds share a 1.5 second long tongueless kiss and live in the small town happily ever after this christmas on the hallmark channel

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Godzilla goes to Las Vegas with the intention of eating the city until it kills him.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

Absolutely not. The fact that he had to make the choice himself is the entire point.

Maybe but i think the choice wasnt the living but the fighting for others you care for. the moment he was in the air and fighting he had already chosen to step in the way he didnt before. The whole fighting for others is evoked a few times with other characters(the female lead etc, the young guy who wasnt in the war etc) and its just his guilt that makes him think he has to die. I dont know, i dont think you are wrong it just felt rewritten / not as tight as it could have been.

It was still a good movie Shin was better.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

For a four quadrant action movie minus one's script is borderline perfect. Fair enough if that's not your genre or your standards are in the stratosphere I suppose

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Fair enough if that's not your genre or your standards are in the stratosphere I suppose

I love me some Kaiju but its true it may be judging it too hard.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
What if godzilla showed up for jury duty

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

X JAKK posted:

What if godzilla showed up for jury duty

what if Godzilla showed up?

coming this spring:

My Foster Dad is Godzilla

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Laughing so loving much at Warner Bros removing the blue and green screens from Barbie behind the scenes footage so they can pretend there wasn’t any cgi at all.

Instead of holding it up as an example of how CGI can help enhance what was already great production design, they’re putting in extra work to pretend there wasn’t even cgi to begin with. Big lol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Minus one's many virtues have been extolled at length at this point, by people more eloquent than me. But I have to add, it's the rare movie that gave me a goal, a dream, to strive towards: achieving the same amazing hair the scientist man character had

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He was great. The ship captain was my favorite character but he was close second. That whole movie had good characters.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Laughing so loving much at Warner Bros removing the blue and green screens from Barbie behind the scenes footage so they can pretend there wasn’t any cgi at all.

Instead of holding it up as an example of how CGI can help enhance what was already great production design, they’re putting in extra work to pretend there wasn’t even cgi to begin with. Big lol

giving people, both in industry and among the general public, the impression that vfx workers have value would be counterproductive to Warner’s interests

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Unlike other godzilla movies this one is about the characters.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Godzilla had a great character arc in this one

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Unlike other godzilla movies this one is about the characters.

it’s about family

🤌

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

wasn't godzilla 2000 the one that ended with a character saying, "maybe there's a little godzilla in all of us"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
maybe the real godzilla 2000 is the friends we made along the way

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
gonna rewatch shin godzilla where the real villain is old incompetent government bureaucracy

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Aliens: Godzilla

A kaiju gets chestbursted by a xeno it ate. Godzilla has to fight a giant xenomorph.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

JediTalentAgent posted:

Aliens: Godzilla

A kaiju gets chestbursted by a xeno it ate. Godzilla has to fight a giant xenomorph.

That's kind of what Destroyah is.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Godzilla has fought dozens of monsters but has never once fought racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

wasn't godzilla 2000 the one that ended with a character saying, "maybe there's a little godzilla in all of us"

Yes, over a shot of Godzilla torching tokyo. And really, who's to say it's not true?

X JAKK posted:

Godzilla has fought dozens of monsters but has never once fought racism

Godzilla vs. The Patriarchy