Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
King Charles has rear end cancer, lol

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Oklahoma governor kevin stitt is giving a “state of the state address” and bitching about how he’s not able to tax natives who live on the tribal reservations

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's super cool that the mascot of university of oaklahoma is people who cheated to steal the best bits of native land

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

and that the people here are super proud of the title. genuinely hate this state

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

kevin shitt

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Branch Nvidian posted:

Oklahoma governor kevin stitt is giving a “state of the state address” and bitching about how he’s not able to tax natives who live on the tribal reservations

Look at this guy with his cheap cigarettes sitting high and mighty on his collection of random car parts. You know he has a double wide and he doesn’t pay a cent in taxes?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/StatisticUrban/status/1754216581712826413

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is cali basically perfect weather wise

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quiggy posted:

i've been reading david graeber's "the dawn of everything" which is about prehistoric peoples, the rise of nation-states, and the origin of inequality and my takeaway so far is that europe is a demon continent and white people must be destroyed at all costs

:agreed:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

that’s hawaii. the california thing is you’re close-ish to a bunch of different climates and environments so you can drive a couple hours and be somewhere completely different

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fabricated posted:

King Charles has rear end cancer, lol

:synpa:

i lust for wealthy death

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

its very funny that that dark green eastern wedge of california doesnt really meet many of those criteria. sure is pretty tho.

warm winters - no
winter sun - yes
temperate summers - no
low summer humidity - yes
topographic variation - yes
water area - eh

edit: on second thought, june lake is just about perfect and id live there in a heartbeat if i could.... just less sure about the southern and eastern lump of the wedge.

post hole digger fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 5, 2024

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

yah its pretty good

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the famously water rich owens river basin. sorry about to drive through a tunnel and cant talk about where that water ends up,

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol they spent like a billion pounds on dumb ceremonies for a guy who’s going to be king for like 2 years

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

qirex posted:

lol they spent like a billion pounds on dumb ceremonies for a guy who’s going to be king for like 2 years

money with his face will be ready to enter circulation right about the time hell be in the ground

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

while food insecurity skyrocketed across Bog Island, 17% of all adults and 25% of all households with children reported not having enough food

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...d%20insecurity.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Internet Old One posted:

I’ve read that hitler was inspired by what we did to the natives and times it seems like Israel is inspired by what happened to them.

Sometimes it seems as if China is inspired by what the west did to them.

The cultural exchange of awful ideas.

I’m getting into politics I don’t really understand with this post but just do me a solid and DM me with some context if this deserves a sixer.

That does seem to be a pattern, though i would mention that holocaust survivors are in israel are very poorly treated and 1/3rd of them live in poverty

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and dont look up what israel did to ethiopian jews who tried to emigrate there

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

qirex posted:

Charles is gonna kill the monarchy by being more hatable than elizabeth was

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's hilarious to me that he had the easiest layup to people forgiving his whole life of being a dick if he'd just let his son do it instead

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

it's hilarious to me that he had the easiest layup to people forgiving his whole life of being a dick if he'd just let his son do it instead

ahab is for ever ahab man

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

charles is an idiot and a snob and a clown, which makes me want to say that he's the perfect representative of his position, but his brother andrew would really be even more on the nose

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
my wife is a cancer survivor so it'd feel bad for me to lol but dude could've enjoyed a hundred years of "at least he made the right choice" when reminisced about and traded it in for the shitties fail reign

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

AKAB
AQAB
ACAB

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

in terms of nordicity that would be moyen nord and up imo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

OldAlias posted:

in terms of nordicity that would be moyen nord and up imo

funnily enough i was zooming through iqaluit earlier today on gmaps

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

goblin week posted:

my wife is a cancer survivor so it'd feel bad for me to lol but dude could've enjoyed a hundred years of "at least he made the right choice" when reminisced about and traded it in for the shitties fail reign

charles the divorced

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the bay area has the worst weather that i've ever experienced in my life. commence your typing.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
imagine you're the king of englund and hbo is making shows about your long-dead ex wife instead of you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Fabricated posted:

People vote for parties and their governments even as they execute or support wars and genocides all the time. The Iraq/Afghanistan wars killed over a million people and the guy that started and prosecuted the bloodiest parts of it won re-election

when's the last time you had a huge number of people voting for a guy that they explicitly said was aiding a "genocide" ?

i agree those other things were horrible and i didnt vote for bush or obama or trump either and i think they all should be in prison for the rest of their lives or executed, but literal self admitted genocide is a pretty big deal

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

DELETE CASCADE posted:

yes but israel/palestine is different you see because jews :ssh:

why are you accusing me of antisemitism in a spoiler tag

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

post hole digger posted:

its very funny that that dark green eastern wedge of california doesnt really meet many of those criteria. sure is pretty tho.

warm winters - no
winter sun - yes
temperate summers - no
low summer humidity - yes
topographic variation - yes
water area - eh

edit: on second thought, june lake is just about perfect and id live there in a heartbeat if i could.... just less sure about the southern and eastern lump of the wedge.

florida too lol

warm winters - yes
winter sun - yes
temperate summers - hell no lol
low summer humidity - double hell no lmao
topographic variation - extra no
water area - yeah the water's literally in your house

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

fart simpson posted:

why are you accusing me of antisemitism in a spoiler tag

it wasn't directed at you in particular

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

florida too lol

warm winters - yes
winter sun - yes
temperate summers - hell no lol
low summer humidity - double hell no lmao
topographic variation - extra no
water area - yeah the water's literally in your house

i’m a pansy and do not like how it gets cold enough here in winter that it frosts

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

fart simpson posted:

when's the last time you had a huge number of people voting for a guy that they explicitly said was aiding a "genocide" ?

i agree those other things were horrible and i didnt vote for bush or obama or trump either and i think they all should be in prison for the rest of their lives or executed, but literal self admitted genocide is a pretty big deal
I feel like these things have been and can continue to be hypernormalized to the point that people could be made to respond like "Yeah I dunno that sounds like genocide. That kinda sucks" and then vote for either of the parties that both seem to be cool with it institutionally- especially when it isn't them or theirs or if they can be sufficiently convinced it's basically like an infant poking a pitbull. "I dunno, Israel is doing hosed up stuff but Hamas rolled in there and killed a bunch of people. What did they expect would happen? They have to respond" or something like that is what I hear a lot not from internet liberals everyone loves to hate so much but mostly disengaged people who maybe catch the news in the morning before work

This is equating Israelis to wild animals that just, do ethnic cleansing if a firecracker goes off near them but I'm of the impression that Israel's government is likely fine with that. If you're talking about the disproportionate response being too disproportionate you've already kinda lost the argument because you've done what some queasy liberals (who will vote for Biden anyway) do and put a number to the amount of people it's okay to kill in response- and "zero" is not a number a lot of people are going to accept when presented as a response to ~1,500 people being killed. We spent 20 years in Afghanistan and killed 1,000,000+ people over losing 3000.

I don't know a single family that wasn't effected negatively by the Iraq/Afghanistan wars or didn't know someone who lost somebody in it either as an actual casualty or to PTSD/Cancer from exposure to burn pits (which is what presumably killed Biden's oldest! lol) or depleted uranium- and a lot of these people voted for the guy that started it again after it was pretty clear there was no reason for either to have happened.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
under obama liberals at least pretended to
not be as psychotically racist against muslims as they truly are (evidenced under W) but now that he’s gone it’s ok again

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

bump_fn posted:

under obama liberals at least pretended to
not be as psychotically racist against muslims as they truly are (evidenced under W) but now that he’s gone it’s ok again
Also the weird liberal democrat thing where they feel some inherent nobility in bearing witness to suffering while doing nothing about it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cool map of future climate disasters/new nice places to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!