Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Laterite posted:

that's just elliot gould

Epstein was never a fraction as cool as Elliot gould

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
He always has the most dumb-rear end look on his face, perhaps his most relatable attribute

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Marenghi posted:

The McVeigh bombing was an FBI entrapment that got away from them right?
Bit like 9/11. They wanted to get a high profile arrest and managed to miss capturing them at the scene of the crime.

One thing that I don't like about this theory is that if it was an entrapment then the plot was known to the FBI, so there wouldn't have been a reason to torture Kenneth Trentadue. Also while they may have tried to fall back to stopping the bombing in line with a controlled op, that seems to have been an act of desperation with scant information - if you know there's a bomb, you don't stop the search. And in that context, what were people saying on scene, what evidence could have been so obvious in the rubble, that made it necessary to kill Terrence Yeakey?I think i got called a fed last time i posted itt about this lol but anyway the involvement of secret police in the buildup is a different animal than "botched entrapment"

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I really like the first X-Files movie. Everyone should check it out if they haven't already, it can be watched without knowing anything about the series. Discussion on this page is reminding me of the guy at the beginning who finds the bomb before it goes off but just sits and watches the countdown, because he's not supposed to defuse it

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Anyone have the photo comparison that purportedly shows bill Clinton is a illegitimate bush scion?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

alister and barbra were in the broom closet hugging and a little jeb came out and i saw the jeb

McBealin
Feb 5, 2024

It was supposed to be revealed on the 22nd of January and yet it is now February, what happened?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

idontpost69 posted:

this is the sucker's line, evidence points to involvement beyond what you can rationalize as botched entrapment.

I think the goal was to destroy the WTC for the insurance money. They were in need of expensive repairs and were stuffed full of asbestos so demolition was also expensive. The dust cloud eventually killed more than the collapse. The problem is this was the second try so lots of people were aware of what was happening and set up side hustles to also profit.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
xposting this from ufo thread, i just scanned this old book on cattle mutilations because i got fed up not being able to find it online: https://archive.org/details/the-terror-michael-albers

from 1979, haven't even read it yet but leafing thru I see old names like Gabe Valdez, Manuel Gomez, Howard Burgess, and Keith Wolverton, plus some white bigfoots that tear up cattle and dogs! seems to be hitting every angle of ufos/cultists/the govt. not even sure if rommel's report was out yet when this was published.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
did we not once have an extended discussion in here of the CIA Psychologist John Gittinger and his PAS (Personality Assessment System), revealing a long history of the CIA being obsessed with personality types research? where did it go? zero hits for any of that in the thread now, aside for one link to the book below

it showed to a persistent agency effort to categorize every person based on recorded metrics, for purposes of recruitment (read: prediction of coercive recruitment methods that would work), with or without access to the person, and not just people they were planning to work with but i guess more like literally everybody. it appears the military invested far more into covert personality research than would be evident from just looking at the civilian world, with the pop-sci new-agey quizzes that we all know, or even the academic world.

gittinger was especially interested in disordered categories, as in quietly sussing out pathological individuals (sexual deviants, narcissists, psychopaths etc) for exploitation within or against their own groups. it appears there was a strong correlation between these measurements of deviance and the more "tame" measurements done by civilian pop-sci type personality tests, so that those could be proxy measures of deviant types. but practitioners who only had access to the civilian knowledge pool would be unable to use these tools indirectly that way as the military side could.

gittinger was also heavily involved in CIA-run brothels, torture research/training abroad, drug research, and the hypnosis arm of MKUltra (a torture practice which I believe amounts to "lying", specifically "lying to drugged people about where they are, until they believe it and divulge something," or when used for training, "until they believe it at a later time and act inappropriately for the setting")

the PAS in action in 1986
https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00789R002200010001-6.pdf

from "The Search for the Manchurian Candidate", also oddly hosted in the CIA's library, is a hell of an adventure when Ctrl+F'ing through for the name Gittinger
https://www.cia.gov/library/abbottabad-compound/12/129E144131F2E093FB1E441C737ACF92_SearchForTheManchurianCandidate.rtf.pdf

does anyone remember this discussion coming up at all?

maxwellhill has issued a correction as of 12:51 on Feb 6, 2024

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

maxwellhill posted:

the PAS in action in 1986
https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00789R002200010001-6.pdf

from "The Search for the Manchurian Candidate", also oddly hosted in the CIA's library, is a hell of an adventure when Ctrl+F'ing through for the name Gittinger
https://www.cia.gov/library/abbottabad-compound/12/129E144131F2E093FB1E441C737ACF92_SearchForTheManchurianCandidate.rtf.pdf

yeah not clicking those.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
People scared to click on .govs is so funny

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
yeah the bird thread is where you go to become a manchurian candidate

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

fanfic insert posted:

yeah the bird thread is where you go to become a manchurian candidate

I don't think it's a very good thread

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

it, like this thread, was good for a time

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

The Saucer Hovers posted:

it, like this thread, was good for a time

The problem of limited content

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Disclosure killed the ufo thread. tried to warn them, the govt was only going to mislead them

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

People scared to click on .govs is so funny
the .gov admins look at the referer logs and read every thread where a link gets posted. it's true

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Broke: watchlist
Woke: referrer log watchtuple

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mark Epstein was doing media appearances about his brothers death last month

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/4400459-mark-epstein-criticizes-investigation-of-his-brothers-death/

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

yeah not clicking those.

no. you have to visit cia.gov

my plans are ruined

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

as if the US government, in some spot or level, doesn't already know exactly who posts here lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the CIA is absolutely monitoring my posts in this thread

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

they are already reading my mind. why bother reading my posts?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

bedpan posted:

they are already reading my mind. why bother reading my posts?

just lol if your posts enter your mind before being posted, proper posting technique is to just stare at the screen and let your fingers channel a stream of unconsidered mediocrity onto the internet

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

forums.cia.gov

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

mawarannahr posted:

forums.cia.gov

im numbers rereg guy there no one steal my bit

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
xXx_jolly_westoid_xXx

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mandel Brotset posted:

im numbers rereg guy there no one steal my bit

007_01
007_02
007_03

etc

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mawarannahr posted:

forums.cia.gov

posting in the CIA's COVID thread

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I like the CIA World Factbook's rundowns of various locales

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this to be a real link!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Hubbert posted:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hubbert posted:

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hubbert posted:

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

forums.cia.gov

lmao

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Non of us are credible enough to get spiedon. Except maybe for some sickos’ fun.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

MonsieurChoc posted:

Non of us are credible enough to get spiedon. Except maybe for some sickos’ fun.

the people who need monitoring work there or in business with them they're only spying on innocent people id guess

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

hello CIA I am very happy America

please do democracy give me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skybolt_1
Oct 21, 2010
Fun Shoe

mawarannahr posted:

forums.cia.gov

God tier burn