Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com...ingers-book-iv/

The next Dawnbringers crusade book also sees the return of the Triumph and Treachery rules.

Return? When was it current previously?

If anyone's played it, share your experience because it sounds fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

Ristolaz posted:

Return? When was it current previously?

If anyone's played it, share your experience because it sounds fun

It was in one of the general’s handbooks in 1st ed, not sure if it ever came out again in 2nd ed?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
GHB2017.

T&T rules and I hope this version is more than a couple perfunctory pages. If regular AOS is a hellishly nerdy technical fighting game where you're playing footsie to set up your super combos and whatnot, T&T is a rousing game of Smash Bros. Good clean dumb fun.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

It's wild that there are no official rules for team games. 2v2s with 1000 points per player are extremely fun to play and probably the best way to introduce a new player to the game.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
It's kinda funny, listening to Vince Venturella's podcast here and there, one of the things they've brought up as painfully missing from AoS releases is multiplayer support. I might actually pick this book up, just to have in the back pocket someday. I'm sure there will be players that are an absolute nightmare to play this game mode with, but it also sounds like a great setup for wacky fun. And the hints at the Contest of Mortarchs mode sound especially silly, I just wonder if the Nagash player is one of the participants or if they're bringing back the idea of having a Game Master control in-game events.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 1, 2024

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Ogroid Theridon kit is so good, just a big, solid hunk of plastic that fits together perfectly. One of the best from games-workshop that I've assembled so far. I understand why they want to include it in so many value boxes now.

Just wish it wasn't a bunch of drat ugly bull dudes.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

The Ogroid Theridon kit is so good, just a big, solid hunk of plastic that fits together perfectly. One of the best from games-workshop that I've assembled so far. I understand why they want to include it in so many value boxes now.

Just wish it wasn't a bunch of drat ugly bull dudes.

Ogroid Theridons are probably the perfect model. Wonderful sculpt, just the right amount of detail, tons of skin to paint, fun take on a classic fantasy trope (minotaurs). 10/10 perfect no notes.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Geisladisk posted:

Ogroid Theridons are probably the perfect model. Wonderful sculpt, just the right amount of detail, tons of skin to paint, fun take on a classic fantasy trope (minotaurs). 10/10 perfect no notes.

Agreed. I bashed mine into a daemon prince!

It was so easy to work with.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Agreed. I bashed mine into a daemon prince!

It was so easy to work with.

needs a hosed up head for the tail

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

(X-post from mini thread)

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Beautiful!

hmm yes
Dec 2, 2000
College Slice
Nice. Vey nice.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

hmm yes posted:

Nice. Vey nice.

*seethes* now show me Vince Venturella's Teclis.

Good God, it even has water effects.

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 10, 2024

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

The base rim is something called "Abaddon Black".

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/11/sunday-preview-space-marines-return-from-battling-leviathan/

quote:

Finally, the long-awaited Battlescroll drops this week with Metawatch commentary from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar studio.

If the 40k version is anything to go by, expect it to drop on tuesday.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

After painting up the ten chaos warriors and moving on to chosen, I'm shocked. It's's kind of wild how the Chosen have less variety in detail and textures. The warriors also solved the giant shoulder pad problem by putting their capes over them.

The 'eavy metal team had to put in some work doing weathering to give all those flat panels on the Chosen extra details, and painting the trim in like three colors or something.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/12/cities-of-sigmar-and-flesh-eater-courts-bolster-their-ranks-with-new-spearhead-boxes/

New Spearhead boxes for CoS and FEC.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Guess that seals the deal on this being the new Combat Patrol version.

At least these boxes are better than that SCE set.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Is there a good 3D printable sculpt of Nakai the Wanderer out there anywhere? I want to have him in with my Kroxigor (technically warspawned because dammit the gator head is cooler), but I'd like for him to actually be Bigger than the other Krox.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is there a good 3D printable sculpt of Nakai the Wanderer out there anywhere? I want to have him in with my Kroxigor (technically warspawned because dammit the gator head is cooler), but I'd like for him to actually be Bigger than the other Krox.

I don't have him on hand but I've absolutely seen his sculpt from ripped WH:TW2 game files. GW has been going after the guys hosting those recently so good luck.

forkis
Sep 15, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Coincidentally, I was doing a deep dive through Myminifactory last night looking for High Elves and stumbled over a Nakai!
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-nakai-the-wanderer-lizard-man-352110

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

If you don't mind paying for it to be printed instead, this sculptor has been making their own versions of Nakai and other characters:

https://www.instagram.com/_bastion_miniatures_

They only sell the printed models though, so I can appreciate it's not what you're after. They are working on a conversion kit to make the Saurus Warriors into Guard though which is exciting looking so I thought I'd share.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/15/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-big-changes-abound-in-the-new-battlescroll/

It's M-M-Metawatch time.

And here's the updated Battlescroll:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/u46c37l8ZQIPm57N.pdf

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Some interesting changes to Skaven. Mostly the Plague Monks now start at 20 models, no price change though. I liked having a block of twenty to run in front of my Censer Bearers so not having to spend a reinforcement point is nice. Some handy price decreases too.

The Screaming Bell got a price increase but considering the competitive lists were taking 2-3 of them, I'm not surprised. I hardly use mine at the moment though, but I'm real bad at this time.

All in all, solid changes.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Points drops on mournfangs open up space for me to put in an entire new unit! Of cats, which don’t do much useful except hold space, but.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Come on down-down to Big Thrott's used models, where we're giving away plague monks! That's right, buy one, get one free-free! We have to clear out the lot before the new edition, so get 'em while they're slimy!

Also I might actually use a demon prince now. Twelve on threes, two damage with the possibility of extreme rend and shutting off wards? Well, alright then.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

1" range so you won't be wiping out double ranked units but good against models with high wounds I assume?

Or is the range only used for attacking from the 2nd rank?

Edit: Also just looked up inches to cm conversion and realized why 25mm bases were a thing.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 15, 2024

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Damage is applied to the unit, and the player receiving the damage removes their choice of models.

Talon prince can't fight behind a rank of warriors as a safety measure, but it'll delete an entire line of clan rats even if they're stretched out in a 20 inch line, as an example.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
lol point decreases on Teclis and Sentinels, what a world we live in.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Demon prince is still bad.

Please, just rewrite the scroll. I have five demon princes. Let me put them on the table.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

quote:

After some recitals, the Sloppity Bilepiper has changed his My Love is Like a Ripe, Ripe Fart ability, which now affects hit rolls rather than pile-ins, to prevent some unwanted negative play.

Excuse me, what is going on here?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Excuse me, what is going on here?

People would attack a large unit and make sure only one or two models in the unit would be in engagement range. Sloppity would prevent them from piling in, which meant it couldn't fight back and was stuck forever. Extra jerk points if your unit had longer reach and the enemy literally couldn't fight back.

It was just unfun.

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!
So i recently played some AOS over on TTS as Nurgle with the models that I own and while it is quite an information overload, I do love how different it is than 40k.

While I do feel Nurgle doesn't have enough interesting fluff stuff and Befouling host unfortunately being the only viable subfaction and the summoning feels lackluster even with that, it's still a lot of fun and I'm glad I don't really have to buy anything bar a Glottkin (and even that is only if i want to do competitive AOS which is dumb).

The primal dice mechanic is actually really nice and it adds some casting assurance. And I love that faction terrain is very useful, but it does feel a bit too useful given that it's free points cost wise.

Geisladisk posted:

People would attack a large unit and make sure only one or two models in the unit would be in engagement range. Sloppity would prevent them from piling in, which meant it couldn't fight back and was stuck forever. Extra jerk points if your unit had longer reach and the enemy literally couldn't fight back.

It was just unfun.

While I do feel like Sloppity was strong in counterplay which Nurgle kinda needs if you arent running a Glottkin, I would've preffered at least like a 100 points cost increase instead of just destroying the strong ability/have the range lowered to 12" and make it more vulnerable to shooting (which it already was with low wounds).

Though god why Blightkings aren't getting cheaper is beyond me, like at least get them up to 200 or something. And an extra prayer for Harbinger of decay would be nice just so that he doesn't feel so one note-y.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

If you like Nurgle and extra dice while casting, can I interest you in Slaves to Darkness? Your casters may explode a bit, but surely that's worth it to chuck five dice to cast this season.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Sloppity is still strong, -1 to hit is a very strong effect.

The pile in ability was just... extremely unfun for the opponent, and relied on doing janky weird corner charges to work. No amount of point increases would stop it being a bad time for your opponent.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Crosspostin'.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Just finished basing the first of my new Court- they git their arses kicked by orruks in a PtG game, but love em still.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

GW is releasing a box with four of the first season UW warbands if you missed them the first time around. All four warbands (Mollog’s Mob, Zarbag’s Gitz, Thorns of the Briar Queen and Spiteclaw’s Swarm) are all some of UW’s greatest hits models-wise, in my opinion.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
The cards being warped even in the promotional material is a nice touch, gg GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
The only one I care for is Zarbag's Gitz (I've already tracked down the other teams from the box already), so hopefully this drops the price secondhand.