Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bald Stalin posted:

What reason is being given? The government's recommendation changed a long time ago and everyone is eligible for a 2023 dose, into 2024 if need be.

“not recommended” since i’m not immune compromised, or over 65. i do argue that it’s all changed since 2022 but they always dig their heels in. this is with the larger chain pharmacies, maybe the smaller independent ones might be better :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
That's weird af, the guidelines changed and are easily searchable. See if you can use the gov clinic search site to find a GP clinic that actually delivers healthcare.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Seems like a lot of people suffering from insomnia. Probably fine though, who needs sleep anyways.
"Sleep quality among non-hospitalized COVID-19 survivors: a national cross-sectional study"

https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/public-health/articles/10.3389/fpubh.2023.1281012/full posted:

Objectives: Insomnia is a common symptom after COVID-19 infection; however, its current evidence was among hospitalized COVID-19 patients. This study aimed to assess the prevalence of insomnia and identify its association with depression and anxiety among non-hospitalized COVID-19 recovered population.

Methods: We conducted a cross-sectional online survey of 1,056 COVID-19 survivors within 6 months of initial COVID-19 infection and retrieved did not require hospitalization. The Insomnia Severity Index, and Depression Anxiety and Stress Scale-14 were used. Multivariate logistic regression was used to examine the associations between depressive and anxiety score, and participants’ insomnia level.

Results: The prevalence of insomnia was 76.1%, and among those, 22.8% of participants scored for severe insomnia. One third of participants reported worse sleep quality, shorter sleep duration, and harder to fall asleep, half reported more awaken nights after COVID-19 infection. Participants with depressive (OR 3.45; 95%CI 1.87–6.34) or anxiety (OR 3.93; 95%CI 2.52–6.13) had significantly higher odds of developing insomnia. Other risk factors of insomnia included pre-existing chronic conditions and higher education level, while COVID-19 symptoms and duration were not significantly associated.

Conclusion: Our study highlights the substantial burden of insomnia among non-hospitalized COVID-19 survivors and the significant association of depression and anxiety on the development of this long-term effect of COVID-19. These findings underscore the need for comprehensive interventions that address both psychological and sleeping health in this population.

News article on the matter:

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2024/02/05/Vietnam-study-COVID-19-insomnia/5881706866563/ posted:

More than three-fourths of recovering COVID-19 patients left with insomnia, study finds

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Anecdotally this has been known for a while, but always good to see some actual data.
"Job Flows Into and Out of Health Care Before and After the COVID-19 Pandemic"

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama-health-forum/fullarticle/2814360 posted:

Key Points
Question How did the COVID-19 pandemic affect entries into and exits out of the health care workforce?

Findings In this cohort study of approximately 18 million health care industry employees, the number of workers exiting from the industry peaked in the first quarter of 2020 but was elevated above 2018 baseline levels in all quarters from 2020 through 2021. In early 2020, exits were primarily from workers exiting to nonemployment, while in late 2021, exits were primarily from workers exiting to other sectors.

Meaning The findings of this study suggest a substantial and persistent increase in health care workforce turnover after the pandemic, which suggests the pandemic may have long-lasting implications for workers' willingness to remain in health care jobs.

Abstract
Importance Anecdotal evidence suggests that health care employers have faced increased difficulty recruiting and retaining staff in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Empirical research is needed to understand the magnitude and persistence of these changes, and whether they have disproportionate implications for certain types of workers or regions of the country.

Objective To quantify the number of workers exiting from and entering into the health care workforce before and after the pandemic and to examine variations over time and across states and worker demographics.

Design, Setting, and Participants This cohort study used US Census Bureau state unemployment insurance data on job-to-job flows in the continental US to construct state-level quarterly exit and entry rates for the health care industry from January 2018 through December 2021 (Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee were omitted due to missing data). An event study design was used to compute quarterly mean adjusted rates of job exit from and entry into the health care sector as defined by the North American Industry Classification System. Data were examined from January to June 2023.

Exposure The COVID-19 pandemic.

Main Outcomes and Measures The main outcomes were the mean adjusted health care worker exit and entry rates in each quarter by state and by worker demographics (age, gender, race and ethnicity, and education level).

Results In quarter 1 of 2020, there were approximately 18.8 million people (14.6 million females [77.6%]) working in the health care sector in our sample. The exit rate for health care workers increased at the onset of the pandemic, from a baseline quarterly mean of 5.9 percentage points in 2018 to 8.0 (95% CI, 7.7-8.3) percentage points in quarter 1 of 2020. Exit rates remained higher than baseline levels through quarter 4 of 2021, when the health care exit rate was 7.7 (95% CI, 7.4-7.9) percentage points higher than the 2018 baseline. In quarter 1 of 2020, the increase in health care worker exit rates was dominated by an increase in workers exiting to nonemployment (78% increase compared with baseline); in contrast, by quarter 4 of 2021, the exit rate was dominated by workers exiting to employment in non–health care sectors (38% increase compared with baseline). Entry rates into health care also increased in the postpandemic period, from 6.2 percentage points at baseline to 7.7 percentage points (95% CI, 7.4-7.9 percentage points) in the last quarter of 2021, suggesting increased turnover of health care staff. Compared with prepandemic job flows, the share of workers exiting health care after the pandemic who were female was disproportionately larger, and the shares of workers entering health care who were female or Black was disproportionately smaller.

Conclusions and Relevance Results of this cohort study suggest a substantial and persistent increase in health care workforce turnover after the pandemic, which may have long-lasting implications for workers’ willingness to remain in health care jobs. Policymakers and health care organizations may need to act to prevent further losses of experienced staff.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Nothing inherently new to thread regulars, but here is a a very good and absolutely devastating interview on BBC Scotland. The interviewer is obviously very well prepared and concerned. Keep watching to the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kE5UCV1XE4

Only thing that bugs me is that she doesn't say to mask.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Well well well...

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/variants-concern posted:

SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern as of 2 February 2024
(..)
Variants under monitoring
(..)
BA.2.87.1
(..)

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Pingui posted:

Well well well...

So there is a sample found in Italy after all lmao

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

NeonPunk posted:

So there is a sample found in Italy after all lmao

I honestly don't think so; it isn't mentioned in their latest report (which goes to 3 February) and Raj Rajnarayanan said yesterday that it hasn't been uploaded to GISAID recently either, which I think it would have if a VUM had been detected for the first time in the EU.

Latest ECDC report: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/communicable-disease-threats-report-week-5-2024.pdf
Raj on GISAID uploads: https://twitter.com/RajlabN/status/1754010331305668922

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Pingui posted:

Seems like a lot of people suffering from insomnia. Probably fine though, who needs sleep anyways.
"Sleep quality among non-hospitalized COVID-19 survivors: a national cross-sectional study"

Interesting; my sleep quality went to poo poo when I got COVID and stayed pretty bad the whole time I was working back towards normal activity levels. I am not confident things are entirely back to pre-COVID norms yet but once I started skiing all the time I started sleeping like the dead again, as I generally do during ski season.

A lot of people I know who have had COVID have said it hosed up their sleep for the duration of and some period following the illness; it surprises me that this study found that after six months, just because that doesn't seem to apply to anyone I know. Yet, anyway.

I think it's scary but also it will take more than this study to convince me that 75% of people are left with moderately to severely impaired sleep 6 months post-COVID just because most of the US has had COVID like seven times now and I haven't noticed an uptick in advertisments for new DORAs and other space-age patentable sleep drugs. The study also found a substantial difference in outcomes based on marital status, which is... interesting? And 2/3 as many people say their sleep improved post-COVID, as say it got worse? :thunk:

self-reported data is a motherfucker, clearly we need to require everyone to sleep in gov't monitored EEG caps that can smell our dreams

e: my eye is still weird so thats probably just the new normal but my cardiac numbers at this point are better than last year and I am actually ahead of where I was last year in terms of hours and miles skiied, because I was sick for most of January 2023 with Not Covid But Several Other Things.

Oh yea, our kid's childcare literally had to close last week because even though they have six providers and only actually need two to meet staffing reqs, they had too much illness. They confirmed substantial RSV spread, asked for tests from any kids with any symptoms, etc.

Totally normal. Also I think in this case it probably was "just" RSV because everyone there COVID tests constantly and we've gotten a lot of COVID notifications, and this is not the first time they have been forced to close for staffing reasons.

It seems unsustainable; we're in a weird spot where taking a $80 hit on a day of childcare that was expected and not provided is just an annoyance, since we'd already committed to spending the money, I work from home, and my wife's office job is flexible. That puts us in a better spot to deal with this poo poo than basically any other parents I know, and it's still a mother loving pain in the arse; I took half the week off last week between closed childcare and appointments for my eye and carpal tunnel BS (which isn't from COVID, but definitely didn't improve)

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 14:06 on Feb 5, 2024

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Pingui posted:

psychosomatic. also insomnia is good; it gives you more awake time you can use to catch up on work you didn't do when you were bedridden with covid

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Pingui posted:

that jives with my experience, the one time I caught Covid was Dec 2022 and I swear it wasn’t really till summer that it felt like my sleep returned to normal. I’d often wake up feeling more tired than I went to bed and my heart rate would be notably elevated while just doing routine morning stuff like packing my lunch and brushing my teeth. I’d usually start to feel better after a couple hours but it was a rough start to the year for sure.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pingui posted:

Yeah, mine's been poo poo for years now. Some days I can't get any sleep, other days I'll wake up after eight hours and go back to bed for another eight.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Potato Salad posted:

who the gently caress is counting on lovely, usually-horrifically-out-of-date at-home test kits

I'm still waiting for a screening call back about the PCR test I requested early Wednesday evening, so...

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
This is potentially pretty big (italics not mine).
"Integrative Molecular Structure Elucidation and Construction of an Extended Metabolic Pathway Associated with an Ancient Innate Immune Response in COVID-19 Patients"

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jproteome.3c00654 posted:

Abstract
We present compelling evidence for the existence of an extended innate viperin-dependent pathway, which provides crucial evidence for an adaptive response to viral agents, such as SARS-CoV-2. We show the in vivo biosynthesis of a family of novel endogenous cytosine metabolites with potential antiviral activities. Two-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy revealed a characteristic spin-system motif, indicating the presence of an extended panel of urinary metabolites during the acute viral replication phase. Mass spectrometry additionally enabled the characterization and quantification of the most abundant serum metabolites, showing the potential diagnostic value of the compounds for viral infections. In total, we unveiled ten nucleoside (cytosine- and uracil-based) analogue structures, eight of which were previously unknown in humans allowing us to propose a new extended viperin pathway for the innate production of antiviral compounds. The molecular structures of the nucleoside analogues and their correlation with an array of serum cytokines, including IFN-α2, IFN-γ, and IL-10, suggest an association with the viperin enzyme contributing to an ancient endogenous innate immune defense mechanism against viral infection.

"COVID-19 researchers discover hidden natural immune defense pathway"

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-02-covid-hidden-natural-immune-defense.html posted:

(..)
The discovery of the Extended VIPERIN Pathway (X-VIP) has greatly extended the knowledge of the VIPERIN anti-viral pathway, part of the innate immune system that reacts to most viral infections.

VIPERIN—short for virus inhibitory protein, endoplasmic reticulum-associated, interferon-inducible—is a multifunctional, interferon-inducible protein that regulates virus replication. When a virus attacks the body, it triggers an interferon response, and VIPERIN is believed to suppress virus replication.
(..)
Professor Wist said of the 10 X-VIP compounds detected, nine were new to human biology knowledge.

"These compounds are only produced during active viral infection, and they have very short half-lives so if we find them in the blood or urine of a patient then that patient is likely to be infectious and needs to isolate," he said.

"The X-VIP metabolites represent previously unknown biomarkers of infection and infectiousness and may be highly relevant to rapid diagnosis in acutely infected hospitalized patients.

"Fascinatingly, from a chemical viewpoint these compounds 'look' like antiviral drugs and are highly similar to some compounds that are already marketed by drug companies as anti-viral agents.

"This X-VIP opens up the possibility of further studies aimed at designing new anti-viral drugs."

(..)

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Pingui posted:

I've said it before. This is one area of long COVID where CBT might benefit some people. It is really, really easy to fall into psychophysiological insomnia.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
silver lining: insomnia would let me get some more work done

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I've said it before. This is one area of long COVID where CBT might benefit some people. It is really, really easy to fall into psychophysiological insomnia.

very puzzled as to how brutally crushing your cock and balls would help you fall asleep except by exhaustion if you do it enough

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

bedpan posted:

very puzzled as to how brutally crushing your cock and balls would help you fall asleep except by exhaustion if you do it enough

Being passed out from pain is a type of sleep.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Precambrian Video Games posted:

I'm still waiting for a screening call back about the PCR test I requested early Wednesday evening, so...

I'm very sorry we live in a poop poo poo world

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Presumably, at some point someone is going to crunch the numbers and see that a chronically ill population cost more than public health measures. Eventually these trends look like they will even reach the point where, quarter to quarter, mitigation makes more sense than allowing there to be chronic illness among workers.

I don’t know how they roll back the monumental effort to get everybody back to work, think Covid is just the flu, avoid masking, etc. etc.

I don’t have to remind anyone posting in this thread that Long Covid was considered just a myth not that long ago

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

things are looking up again

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Potato Salad posted:

I'm very sorry we live in a poop poo poo world

It's cool, widespread rapid PCR testing is probably one of the cheapest things disgustingly wealthy states could provide for their citizens so there must be a compelling reason why it's being locked behind umpteen impenetrable gates.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
They did that study, in Germany. There was an article posted here recently about it. Turns out everyone being sick all the time is insanely bad??

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
:dance:

https://doh.wa.gov/newsroom/department-health-unveils-kiosks-offer-free-covid-19-and-flu-tests

quote:

Kiosks offer safe and reliable tests 24/7 to protect the health and well-being of all
OLYMPIA – The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) is launching a groundbreaking community testing initiative in collaboration with Local Health Jurisdictions (LHJs) and Tribal Nations to further support public health. Beginning this week, kiosks across the state will offer free COVID-19 and flu tests as well as other health care supplies. This initiative underscores DOH's commitment to promoting health equity by reaching underserved communities and disproportionately affected populations.

"In unveiling these innovative kiosks, DOH is taking a significant step towards ensuring the well-being of our communities,” said Umair A. Shah, MD, MPH, Secretary of Health. “These 24/7 accessible kiosks exemplify our commitment to health equity, especially for underserved populations. Together with Tribes and local partners, we are making a meaningful difference in community health and fostering a safer and healthier Washington for all."

Testing kiosks that offer free COVID-19 and flu tests
Kiosks can be found in food banks, transit stations, churches, schools, and libraries and serve as a convenient solution for communities to access a variety of testing options with anonymity and personalization. Seventeen kiosks have already been ordered by LHJs and Tribal Nations.

Key features of the kiosks include:

• Convenient access: Kiosks make it possible to access health care tests and supplies at the push of a button in accessible locations 24/7.
  • No cost to communities: Kiosks are free to Tribal communities and LHJs. DOH covers all costs associated with COVID-19 and flu tests.
  • Test options: Kiosks dispense free COVID-19 rapid antigen tests, multiplex rapid antigen tests (which detect flu types A and B as well as COVID-19), and self-swab PCR tests.
  • Flexible product allocation: Each kiosk holds about 700 tests. At least half need to be COVID-19 and flu tests provided by DOH. LHJs and Tribal Nations can choose to add other essential health care products to the kiosks at their own cost, such as naloxone, pregnancy tests, tests for sexually transmitted infections, fentanyl test strips, and over-the-counter medications and products. If no additional products are added, kiosks will be filled with COVID-19 and flu tests.

Testing is an important tool to control the spread of respiratory viruses. DOH’s respiratory illness data shows that although respiratory virus activity has decreased in recent weeks, influenza emergency department visits remain above epidemic levels. The number of hospital beds used by COVID-19 patients was higher in January than at any time this season.

DOH’s COVID-19 community testing program aligns with broader public health strategies aimed at mitigating the impact of the pandemic. These efforts expand community-based testing initiatives by working closely with local partners and community organizations to ensure widespread access to testing services across the state. By making testing more widely available, DOH empowers people to take proactive measures to protect themselves and others from COVID-19.

Those who test positive should take steps to prevent spreading COVID-19 or influenza to others. People who are at high risk for severe illness because of their age or chronic medical conditions should talk with their healthcare provider right away about antiviral medications that can decrease the risk of hospitalization.

"Rapid testing is part of our new normal," said Kristina Allen, Community Testing Supervisor. "This partnership with Long View International Technology Solutions ensures Washington communities with underserved populations have easy access to COVID-19 testing and essential health supplies, breaking down barriers to care and helping to promote a more holistic approach to public health."

People can find more information about testing for COVID-19 on the DOH website along with other resources to help them understand the importance of testing and how to interpret their results.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

are the metrix tests still the go-to for at home pcr testing

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

Frosted Flake posted:

Presumably, at some point someone is going to crunch the numbers and see that a chronically ill population cost more than public health measures. Eventually these trends look like they will even reach the point where, quarter to quarter, mitigation makes more sense than allowing there to be chronic illness among workers.

Part of the problem is how much damage has already been done.

If everyone in the world started wearing masks religiously today, there would still be a massive population of people disabled by long covid and similar conditions, with the attendant economic consequences. Absolute vigilance could eventually drive covid extinct, but there would be a lengthy gap between taking action and observing change propagate all the way through to top-level economic measures.

The mishandling of covid up to this point strongly suggests to me that there exist no governments in the world with a sufficiently long-term perspective to tolerate the lead time on the required public health measures.

The best-case scenario for covid might be the emergence of some new pandemic that is substantially more lethal, forcing stronger and more sustained prevention measures, and taking out covid as a side-effect.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Frosted Flake posted:

Long Covid was considered just a myth not that long ago

yes, right now as the reader sees this post is in fact not that long ago

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Frosted Flake posted:

I don’t know how they roll back the monumental effort to get everybody back to work, think Covid is just the flu, avoid masking, etc. etc.

I don’t have to remind anyone posting in this thread that Long Covid was considered just a myth not that long ago

is this a syq from june 2020

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Internet Janitor posted:

The best-case scenario for covid might be the emergence of some new pandemic that is substantially more lethal, forcing stronger and more sustained prevention measures, and taking out covid as a side-effect.

lol

i repeat

lol

we will never see another attempt at an effective public health campaign again in our lives. like if a covid variant gained SARS1 lethality, there would be piles of bodies in the streets before any expanded UI, lockdowns, or mask mandates came back.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Internet Janitor posted:

Isn’t this basically what covid was to the flu? Based on empirical results I guess we would have a temporary dip in covid numbers before the Nu-Disease Is Mild campaign.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Hope everyone got their dental care taken care of, visited relatives, and otherwise made the most of the January 14th-24th Covid offseason

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That's cool, now imagine if this happened 3.5 years ago and worldwide.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Pingui posted:

I hope this does spur more research on insomnia and Covid infections. I feel like it's a good first step kind of study but it seems hard to control variables, like with any study looking at sleep. (Probably won't turn into any new treatments, CBTi is good but people are gonna get regular useless CBT in too few sessions, or just prescribed a CPAP when they don't have sleep apnea. etc)

Out of all my LC symptoms the insomnia has been brutal. Between insomnia and fatigue it makes my life sosososo small and sososo boring. Sux. I can't nap, either. Though naps are a double edged sword with chronic insomnia.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Steve Yun posted:

But where are the hospitalizations?

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Pingui posted:

Oof. I had a pretty nasty non-flu illness right at the end of December back in 2019. Haven't been sick since, but I did start having more problems sleeping right around then. I've always thought there was a decent chance that I had an early case of covid (i live very close to the nursing home that had the first big outbreak in Seattle). It's better now than it used to be, thank gently caress. Well, thank anti-anxiety meds and edibles, to be more specific.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Frosted Flake posted:

the numbers have already been crunched
the assumptions necessary to reach the favored decision outcome have been added, and then modified as needed
we will do nothing of the sort, because as you know there is no such thing as an economy. there are individual firms and there are conglomerates

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

are the metrix tests still the go-to for at home pcr testing

Your options for any kind of decent home test are:

Cue (Around $200 reader and $50 tests... cheaper with some membership thing?)
Metrix ($35 reader w/ $25 tests)
Lucira (now pfizer) combo COVID & Flu tests. ($40-50 on amazon)

I have been happy with my experience using Metrix tests. However, I have not had anybody actually sick so no confirmed cases of it 'working' earlier than a rapid, obviously. I'm not aware of anyone in the thread here catching COVID and confirming a case on Metrix either.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Frosted Flake posted:

FF You've made many posts about how neoliberalism has weakened western governments' ability to do literally anything. What makes you think they'd be capable of mitigation?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Neoliberalism’s hot sister in law will walk in and say we should do mitigations again and it’ll do anything she asks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
measles exposure alert at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky airport

https://fox59.com/news/national-world/travelers-may-have-been-exposed-to-measles-at-cvg-airport-in-kentucky-officials-say/amp/

nice to know contact tracing is in full effect