Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They probably spent all the advertising money on advertising the concept of Halo at F1 tracks at the end of last year. It was weird. I guess paramount didn't have anything else to advertise so it just says "Halo" on the last few tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It'll be hilarious if the show is canceled after this season with the final post credits stinger being them arriving at the Ring.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

It'll be hilarious if the show is canceled after this season with the final post credits stinger being them arriving at the Ring.

That is 1000% what's exactly gonna happen. Final shot of the show is of Halo itself with the Autumn drifting towards it, voiceover from Keyes saying "Cortana, what exactly am I looking at?" cut to black with the "Aaaaaaah ah ah ah aaaah aaaaaaaaaah" in the background, show cancelled.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Arc Hammer posted:

I'd gently caress Keith David

Ramirez!

Clear that hole!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Arc Hammer posted:

Hilarious and pretty drat likely.

I'm going to be generous and guess they will get a single episode on the ring before the show is cancelled.

My guess is 2 episodes pissing around dealing with replacement Dr. Warcrimes trying to figure out the Big Thing the covenant is planning, episode 3 Reach is finally glassed, 3 more episodes of them pissing around going anywhere but the Halo, probably going to pick up Rebel Princess from her lovely planet, then the finale is mostly on Halo. They'll be a hint about the flood and then the show will be dead forever.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

counterfeitsaint posted:

Hilarious and pretty drat likely.

I'm going to be generous and guess they will get a single episode on the ring before the show is cancelled.

My guess is 2 episodes pissing around dealing with replacement Dr. Warcrimes trying to figure out the Big Thing the covenant is planning, episode 3 Reach is finally glassed, 3 more episodes of them pissing around going anywhere but the Halo, probably going to pick up Rebel Princess from her lovely planet, then the finale is mostly on Halo. They'll be a hint about the flood and then the show will be dead forever.

this seems very unlikely, since I don't see anything in your predictions about the chief loving

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ratjaculation posted:

this seems very unlikely, since I don't see anything in your predictions about the chief loving

The reason why they are so delayed getting to the halo is because Master Chief was too busy fuckin.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Ratjaculation posted:

Well I mean, that's just assumed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"This is it baby. Hold me."

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Final shot of the show is chief floating through space towards halo

then you hear him unzip

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I have high hopes with what's been said about the changes this season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

The reason why they are so delayed getting to the halo is because Master Chief was too busy fuckin.

Too long for a thread title.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Even if you cut it down to just this?

Cojawfee posted:

delayed getting to the halo is because Master Chief was too busy fuckin.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Having the show end at them finding the Halo would actually be very appropriate, because then you can just go play the games :)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ratjaculation posted:

Chief spends three episodes driving around the warthog rollercoaster on top of the Pillar of Autumn.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Season 2 consists mostly of comedy bits where the Chief keeps trying to put his helmet on, but is continuously interrupted by various wacky shenanigans.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It takes the plot from Metal Gear Solid 2 and we spend the entire game following Kwan instead of Master Chief.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It takes the plot from Metal Gear Solid 2 and we spend the entire game following Kwan instead of Master Chief.

thank you for this nightmare

edit: maybe we'll get lucky and she'll slip on seagull poo poo near the edge of some cliff and that'll be that

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Chief loses his armour and has to do backflips naked

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chief, try to remember some basics of bxr

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you think love can bloom, even on the battlefield?
This is it, baby. Hold me.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Arc Hammer posted:

Chief loses his armour and has to do backflips naked

A shot for shot reenactment of that scene from Marco Polo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Thank you for reminding me. That was the only scene worth remembering aside from Benedict Wong's performance.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Chief will teabag an elite this season book it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Smarmy British Guy gonna get got at some point this season.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I liked it honestly. RIP Madrigal.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

worth a resub or should i wait for more episodes first

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Mr_Rebs_/status/1755578098597142835?t=cqHY6xcNP6IVsJg7p5Zk0Q&s=19

Hey guess what, using the theme song for the franchise actually evokes something.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/Mr_Rebs_/status/1755578098597142835?t=cqHY6xcNP6IVsJg7p5Zk0Q&s=19

Hey guess what, using the theme song for the franchise actually evokes something.

lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lot of Halo content creators be like that, I just shrugged and thought the new title song sounded nice.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Halo S2: Chief goes to a dinner party

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Master Chief cares not for Kill/Death ratios.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 8, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ratjaculation posted:

Halo S2: Chief goes to a dinner party

Wearing his dress greens.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Was fine. I was secretly hoping that Kwon got the Newt treatment between seasons but I knew it was impossible.

I can understand new rear end in a top hat guy being dismissive, but it seems really dumb that Keyes can't spend 45 seconds hearing out his field commanders insight into the situation he was just in. Especially after more time than that was wasted with new bossman waltzing in and waving his "I'm very important and know everything" dick around. If they really have that little faith in Master Chief right now, why are they still making him the face of their Everything is Fine propaganda campaign?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The colonist / refugee / criminal / whatever people plotlines suck so much. God drat. How did they fail so spectacularly to give you any reason to care about them? As others have said, the series feels like a script they repurposed to be Halo - all those segments feel like weird filler remnants of such. Tepid performances and zero reason to be invested in their narratives.

The Spartan / political intrigue is at least watchable... Mostly. But everything else, oof.

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 9, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Insurrectionists squabbling on a set filmed inside a brewery or a warehouse is cheaper than depicting an ongoing genocide at the hands of goofy looking technicolor aliens.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It feels like they skipped an episode between the end of Season 1 and the start of 2 lmao. Did they forget about Halo?

Still enjoying it but lol at all of it. Also lol at the Halo Infinite grapple. Lmao at the guy who's job is to swap signs on a board instead of a computer

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 9, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Halo isn’t on the table until reach gets glassed. Hopefully soon so we can get to the dang rear end HALO

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The final episode of this season is titled Halo.

So that's gonna certainly be the introduction to the Halo. 6 more episodes to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I mean I forget but didn't it show up at the end of the last season?