Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

My other go to would be Blank Check. The Blank Check kid would order an entire McDonalds for his mansion dining room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, he'd make the staff bring him Big Macs on White House branded fine china plates and then he'd throw them against the wall if he saw something on the TV that made him mad.

Worse than that, he bitched and complained that the world-class chefs the WH employed, couldn't make their gourmet burgers taste like the ones from Mickey D's.

Imagine being a chef in the White House, at what should be the absolute peak of your career, and you're getting chewed out by some orange slob who says you suck because you can't duplicate the taste of a mass-produced fast food burger.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Tim Scott managed to grift 5 million. Desantis probably comes out of this making a ton of cash.

quote:

Instead, roughly $5.3 million went to two shadowy entities: newly formed limited liability companies with no online presence and no record of other federal election work, whose addresses are Staples stores in suburban strip malls. Their minimal business records show they were set up by the same person in the months before Mr. Scott entered the race.

Masking the companies, groups and people ultimately paid by campaigns — effectively obscuring large amounts of spending behind businesses and convoluted consulting arrangements — has become common, as political candidates and organizations test the limits of campaign finance law.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/28/us/politics/tim-scott-money-campaign-funds.html

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1754617259530608906?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

He’s gonna need to escalate on the Birdbrain quota to shut her up!

Noted here for later: Nikki Haley did not bend the knee, and she's on Fox calling him out. I do not believe she has any reason to give up, because it would spell doom for the GOP's future more so than HE already has.

It's going to cause him to teeter around on the brink of apocalypse while he ALLCAPSes his way through an impassable legal struggle while simultaneously trying to wipe his dong all over everything. She is in fact a much better GOP candidate than Donald Trump. She will classically out-debate him, because his pompous poo poo was tiresome out of the gate, and he's a blustering loving fumble master which was the only reason anyone liked him in the first place.

I imagine she's getting a grip on things right now preparing herself for her moment. His popularity is basically a fever dream.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

kazil posted:

lol this might not even pass the Senate

Collapsing in harder on themselves then a black hole. Do they think they can hammer dems to independents on this when they are being so openly dishonest and obstructive.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Waffle House posted:

Noted here for later: Nikki Haley did not bend the knee, and she's on Fox calling him out. I do not believe she has any reason to give up, because it would spell doom for the GOP's future more so than HE already has.

It's going to cause him to teeter around on the brink of apocalypse while he ALLCAPSes his way through an impassable legal struggle while simultaneously trying to wipe his dong all over everything. She is in fact a much better GOP candidate than Donald Trump. She will classically out-debate him, because his pompous poo poo was tiresome out of the gate, and he's a blustering loving fumble master which was the only reason anyone liked him in the first place.

I imagine she's getting a grip on things right now preparing herself for her moment. His popularity is basically a fever dream.

The republican base thinks yelling and interrupting your opponent is the sign of an alpha masterful debater. Nikki is in the wrong party if she's counting on, "Makes coherent points instead of verbal diarrhea" to be a gamechanger.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

nine-gear crow posted:

This image to this day looks like a still frame from a 90s "little kid wakes up in the boy of a grown man" movie, only that grown man is the President of the United States and is in his 70s.

Accipiter fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 6, 2024

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Vire posted:

Collapsing in harder on themselves then a black hole. Do they think they can hammer dems to independents on this when they are being so openly dishonest and obstructive.

Lol if you think anyone pays enough attention to remember any of the details of this in six months.

It was a Democrat Bill of course the Republicans voted against it!

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023
I don't have a lot of faith that the Democrats can control the narrative well enough to accurately reframe the border thing as something caused by Republicans that can't be fixed because of Republicans, but that's what they should be trying to do. Loudly and frequently.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

The republican base thinks yelling and interrupting your opponent is the sign of an alpha masterful debater. Nikki is in the wrong party if she's counting on, "Makes coherent points instead of verbal diarrhea" to be a gamechanger.

THEORETICALLY debates are the place where you're actual alpha masterful debaters, but that's not exactly Trump's strong point. He's kind of a chairfucker.

Fobby posted:

I don't have a lot of faith that the Democrats can control the narrative well enough to accurately reframe the border thing as something caused by Republicans that can't be fixed because of Republicans, but that's what they should be trying to do. Loudly and frequently.

That feels like it would be a game changer, but I'm personally a little iffy on whether getting into loud, frequent arguments with the Republicans is really anything but a waste of time; enough of that seems to happen behind closed doors in the house and senate chambers.

Remember, also, that it's *normal* to not be a loud, frequent arguer, and the spotlight definitely shines very harshly on you if you are. It's not really something you survive, you just kind of keep doubling down as you turn into a corncob.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 6, 2024

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fobby posted:

The democrats already completely folded on the border issue so your only hope is the republicans gently caress themselves and the democrats stay out of the way

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Fobby posted:

Republicans haven’t really been able to stop the narratives this year for anything from the economy doing better under Biden to the military confirmation obstructions nor the hunter biden hearings. It’s just been impotent flailing. I’m not talking about convincing republicans just independents. I guess we will see maybe the border is just different for some reason but they are absolutely under cutting their own message right now.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Did we already talk about Trump mentioning Tim Scott and Kristi Noem as potential VP candidates? Haven't seen mention of it in the last 30 pages.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The democrats already completely folded on the border issue so your only hope is the republicans gently caress themselves and the democrats stay out of the way

Vire posted:

Republicans haven’t really been able to stop the narratives this year for anything from the economy doing better under Biden to the military confirmation obstructions nor the hunter biden hearings. It’s just been impotent flailing. I’m not talking about convincing republicans just independents. I guess we will see maybe the border is just different for some reason but they are absolutely under cutting their own message right now.

It's also this ^^^^^^^^^^, there's just like...they're flailing, it's obvious, and the love triangle of it is basically:

* Offend people and talk out of your rear end, puff your chest, bully some kids and schoolteachers while you're at it if you're in Texas or Florida
* Spend a bunch of money and effort on your sudden legal bills, both of the financial and legislative kinds
* Take a huge Fox News dump and pray

rinse repeat

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

nine-gear crow posted:

My other go to would be Blank Check. The Blank Check kid would order an entire McDonalds for his mansion dining room.
Trump is what would happen if the Blank Check kid grew up and never emotionally matured

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

There is very much a type of person who thinks an argument is won by the opponent giving up, regardless of the specifics that led to that. They exist across the political spectrum, but are definitely disproportionately represented by the GOP at the moment. The only way Haley wins a debate with Trump is if she's willing to blow an airhorn while throwing literal pigshit at him on stage every time he opens his mouth.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I don't think Trump is going to take the stage to debate Haley, a tacit admission that the GOP primary isn't his by birthright.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Vakal posted:

I was at a Taylor Swift concert last night and halfway through she had Trump dragged on stage and thrown into the crowd and refused to resume signing until her fans beat him to death, which they promptly did.

Overall a good show.

Are you serious?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

bird with big dick posted:

Are you serious?

It was actually just a lookalike, but she did demand the crowd beat him to death.

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023

Waffle House posted:

It's also this ^^^^^^^^^^, there's just like...they're flailing, it's obvious, and the love triangle of it is basically:

* Offend people and talk out of your rear end, puff your chest, bully some kids and schoolteachers while you're at it if you're in Texas or Florida
* Spend a bunch of money and effort on your sudden legal bills, both of the financial and legislative kinds
* Take a huge Fox News dump and pray

rinse repeat

This is true, but as far as I can tell they've always been flailing, none of the things they've said have been credible in the slightest since maybe the late 70s, and they're always pretty easy to disprove. But for whatever reason it's worked out pretty well for them. Maybe Raskolnikov2089 is right and people just believe you based on confidence/shittiness. I think Democrats should give loudness a try, except in service of policies that benefit people instead of cruelty. You can say "they go low, we go high," but my suggestion is that decorum needs to go both ways or not at all.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Are you serious?

Why so aggro? namaste

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Are you serious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHrZRJR4igQ

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

Why so aggro? namaste

aggro and namaste cancel each other out, so you don't really have a full sentence.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754648798737862815

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754648798737862815

E: gently caress you billyums!!!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

:trumppop:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

CharlestheHammer posted:

It really is; here’s hoping they pull another Grand Bargain move and cut off their nose to spite their face

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Cactus Ghost posted:

the supreme court is when you put sour cream and tomatoes on the court

Cap reference.jpg

But seriously I think we’re both nearing prostate and colonoscopy appointments.:corsair:

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Jonny Quest posted:

Cap reference.jpg

But seriously I think we’re both nearing prostate and colonoscopy appointments.:corsair:

Next year for me, colonoscopy pals.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

lmao got em

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

American Monarchists weird me out.

As an Australian, I am always embarrassed that the King of a foreign country is our head of state. And as a decent human I am filled with contempt at the born to rule aristos that until recently didn't pay tax. And as a citizen of the world, it shits me that I know so much about the Windsors and their petty infighting and poo poo, but know comparatively little about the royal families of Spain, or Denmark, or Thailand etc.

However all that being said, I did have some affection for Queen Lizzy Number 2. And I understand those that do. It's ingrained, it's cultural. Even Charles is a bit of a lovable gormless toff.

But Americans. You don't have the years of deep cultural conditioning that makes you care about some rich posh foreigners. So I will never understand it/them.

That being said, cancer sucks. My brother's MiL recently died of cancer, and it is a tragedy. So get better soon Charles, and everybody here donate to your local oncology ward.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Refined this afternoon, plz send to your nana in Florida, thanks in advance

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Jonny Quest posted:

Cap reference.jpg

My doctor just recently scheduled mine for me, I feel so lucky!.... Now if you'll excuse me, I have two gallons of a weird sludge to drink before my appointment....

:guinness:
:barf:
:goatsecx:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

:discourse:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Goddamn this is art especially with song lyric

MoatsArt
Jan 7, 2021

Waffle House posted:

Realizing suddenly that Trump has two modes:

Victory/Backstabbing people below him
Corncobbing/Reaching around for support

trump could have compared the king's cancer to joe biden or the democrats or the prosecutors, but he didn't, he actually posted a seemingly normal wish of a speedy recovery, seems like a missed chance to me

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

BrigadierSensible posted:

American Monarchists weird me out.

As an Australian, I am always embarrassed that the King of a foreign country is our head of state. And as a decent human I am filled with contempt at the born to rule aristos that until recently didn't pay tax. And as a citizen of the world, it shits me that I know so much about the Windsors and their petty infighting and poo poo, but know comparatively little about the royal families of Spain, or Denmark, or Thailand etc.

However all that being said, I did have some affection for Queen Lizzy Number 2. And I understand those that do. It's ingrained, it's cultural. Even Charles is a bit of a lovable gormless toff.

But Americans. You don't have the years of deep cultural conditioning that makes you care about some rich posh foreigners. So I will never understand it/them.

That being said, cancer sucks. My brother's MiL recently died of cancer, and it is a tragedy. So get better soon Charles, and everybody here donate to your local oncology ward.

we fought, and won, a revolution to free ourselves from Monarchy, but also, Monarchs tend to have a great deal of money, and thus, pay a lot of bills, so our media class tells us we love them and have to care about them so we do :)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

The die is cast. Goons, here are your two new tag codes:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/4e/15/00115088.0001.gif

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/a1/30/00126285.0008.gif

Thank you to fellow mentally ill sex pest Mr Ice Cream Glove for making it happen.

Quoting this malarkey so I can find it when I'm not broke.

wizard2 posted:

we fought, and won, a revolution to free ourselves from Monarchy, but also, Monarchs tend to have a great deal of money, and thus, pay a lot of bills, so our media class tells us we love them and have to care about them so we do :)

I remember when Elizabeth died I had a bunch of dipshits on Facebook telling me I should be more respectful, I reminded them we literally fought a war so I didn't have to.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

know comparatively little about the royal families of Thailand

I know 2 things about the King of Thailand

1.) He's a massive party slut

2.) Do not poo poo talk the King if you visit Thailand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I can forsee this working its way through the right wing social media plinko machine of stupid and eventually landing on someone trying to burn down a Tower Records or Sam Goody but thankfully those are long dead now.